The Stig finally revealed?

Peter3hg

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Honda Hornet CB600S
I thought I would drag this up from the other thread as I believe it deserves discussion.
On Page 5 - point 37 of this report, you find this quote:

The jet car feature was considered to be sufficiently unusual and hazardous for GW to ask BC, who worked closely with Top Gear as a high performance driver and consultant, to go and see PTLE and Vampire, and to prepare a briefing for RH. BC=Ben Collins
I am slightly sceptical but it is the best evidence so far. Anyway, start discussing and no flaming.

It's probably the best evidence yet - but the great thing is it's still not 100% definite (yeah I know I'm ignoring the obviousness of it), so the mystery can remain, which I like.

Last edited:
^ same here, and great avatar Tobias.

Hell yeah, great avatar! Is there a bigger version of that pic anywhere?

^^Please? :p Anyone? :)

We all know who The Stig really is.....

bunta02.jpg

^ short video http://youtube.com/watch?v=UoVB2A9x-P8 , that's the best i can do :(

knowing who the stig is? sad :( it takes all the point. he would suppose to be from some strange place full of stigs, not a person. takes a bit of charm away for me... but still, it is not 100% (as allready said) and... some say, he is more than one person :p

see ya

oct

ack that report says they planned a chicken out run to help build tension. my life is in shatters.... they script it!

:p

Some say he likes computers, cars and top gear, and that he is very disappointed that Peter3hg thinks he is someone different. All we know is, he is called THE REAL STIG.

To be honest, I don't like this revelation for two reasons.

The first, the Stig has been first & foremost used as an impartial means to test the cars on the track as well as for various challenges (e.g. the car challenges, the Caterham race). It's nice in theory to know who the Stig is but I don't need to know who the Stig is - Who would you rather know is on the track, The Stig or normal Ben Collins?

The second, look at what happened when Perry McCarthy was found out to be the black Stig. If Collins is indeed revealed to be the Stig, then it wouldn't be surprising for him to be "killed off" in the next series and replaced with someone else, ending with us again throwing theories as to who it is.

Personally, I'd rather think the Stig could be multiple people working under one identity. That and despite the report, it's still pretty circumstantial - Collins is listed as "a high performance driver and consultant", would he really be the first one to work with Top Gear that fit the bill? :blink:

I still think The Stig is a few different people.

In all honesty I'd prefer not to knwo who the stig is. Although for some reason i did click on some of the links in here *lol* not that the name being mentioned actualyl means any thign to me :p

The second, look at what happened when Perry McCarthy was found out to be the black Stig.

Probably he is still the Stig ;) Who know what is under the helmet. I also think that they're several drivers using the Stig's outfit.

If you compare some interview clips with ben collins and the one swedish interview of the stig, he sounds somewhat similar though maybea bit deeper. But that is likely because of the helmet.

Some say he likes computers, cars and top gear, and that he is very disappointed that Peter3hg thinks he is someone different. All we know is, he is called THE REAL STIG.

Oooh, I like that :D