Superminis

Superminis

• Total voters
The Panda 100bhp is my mini-hot-hatch of choice at the moment, but I'd happily take the Swift, too.

Ditto. I love the look of the Panda. But it's hard to argue against a Suzuki for a daily driver.

I should mention I'm going based purely off of what I've read as we only get 1 car on that entire list... the Mini Cooper.

Yes the world really does hate the US car market.

Last edited:
Ditto. I love the look of the Panda. But it's hard to argue against a Suzuki for a daily driver.

I should mention I'm going based purely off of what I've read as we only get 1 car on that entire list... the Mini Cooper.

Yes the world really does hate the US car market.

In this case I think it's more the US car culture (and, in a way, the roads themselves) are not entirely suited to this size of car (yet). I mean, people keep recommending the Honda Fit / Jazz as a supermini in the US. In my head that's a family hatchback now - too big to be a supermini over here.

[and the fact that two of the above manufacturers don't sell in the US).

In this case I think it's more the US car culture (and, in a way, the roads themselves) are not entirely suited to this size of car (yet). I mean, people keep recommending the Honda Fit / Jazz as a supermini in the US. In my head that's a family hatchback now - too big to be a supermini over here.

[and the fact that two of the above manufacturers don't sell in the US).

Something like the Panda would definitely be a niche car, or would have to do like the Mini Cooper and just end up being a trendy thing to sell well.

Though for some reason I was under the impression the Fit and Panda were in the same class of car... obviously I have their proportions way off in my mind.

Well, since i drive a regular Swift 1.3, and love every minute of it, i can only imagine how good the sport is.. =) So that's definately the one i'd take.

Though for some reason I was under the impression the Fit and Panda were in the same class of car... obviously I have their proportions way off in my mind.

Possibly not. There's only 30cm difference in length terms between the two.

The Honda Jazz is (just) a supermini over here. It's the largest example of that category though.

The Fiat Panda is a supermini, too, but (confusingly) What Car (which is the serious magazine you'd read if you're interested in reliability, running costs, and not a single joke in 300 pages (besides the Ssangyong Rodius)) classes it as a City Car - ie, smaller than a supermini. The Kia Picanto and Smart ForTwo also went in this class.

It's partly apples and oranges really.