Beer

anto-t said:
also you can only have Guinness in ireland as its made in dublin not like nagera where the rest of the worlds Guinness is made...

Most of the world. Here we get our Guinness Draught straight from St. James, while the Extra Stout is made in Canada under license with Molson.

Man I love Guinness here in the US as it is... I can't wait to try the real thing in Ireland now.

No Boss said:
Man I love Guinness here in the US as it is... I can't wait to try the real thing in Ireland now.

bastards are making me salivate...

so has anyone read my alberta question?

The drinking age in Canada is INDEED 18....if you are a resident. :tease:

I don't think Sierra Nevada Pale Ale has been mentioned. I don't know how widely distributed it is, (certainly the West coast, but past that who knows) but it is sure tasty. Extra delicious while playing jazz for some reason.
Fat Tire is also good, and Sam Adams is the best of the widely distributed beers (I prefer it to most foreign beers, but small breweries are almost always better than large ones).

As for beers to drink with a good meal, I can't say because my parents and restaurants seem to have some weird "21 years of age rule," and those are the only places I can get a good meal (damn dorm cooking.) :D

watto said:
jensked said:
peter3hg2 said:
Beer should be warm and flat.

:puke:

Beer should be straight from the fridge/tap into my stomach... not too bubbly though.
Try a pint of Boddingtons staright from the tap then tell me it shouldn't be warm. Brewed in the greatest city in the world, Manchester.

Guinness is fantastic, in a class of its own in my mind. :thumbsup:
Of the US domestic beers I'd have to pick Sam Adams. (Having one right now.)
I love a good Belgian beer too (I just can't remember their names for some reason. :lol: ).

What surprised me most when I drank Grolsch and Heineken in the states is that it tastes differently (not quite as good).

My favorite beer is Tecate. Ice cold with a lime. I prefer Mexican beer.

Re: Beer

Roland said:
Just wonder what kind of beer people here like. My favorite is Carlsberg Export. I don't really understand people (americans without any sense of taste ;) ) who like Budweiser. It really tastes like sh*t!

Flying Bison - Aviator Red, Dawn Patrol Gold, and Blackbird Stout. And it's brewed in "gasp" America! I pretty much only dring microbrews now, no mass produced beer comes close from any country.

Right now I'm drinking a very good wheat beer called Blue Moon, it's actually owned by Coors which shows the big breweries may be getting with the program finally. It's similar to Hoegaarden but with a bit more flavor.

swek said:
Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Americans are strict about it too! We were down in Daytona and the police were arresting loads of people who were just trying to buy drinks. We managed to get an old lady to help us out. :thumbsup:

What do you get for drinking while beeing underage. A night in prison or a fine ? Do your parents have to get you from the police station ?

A small fine and an appearance ticket (no trip to the station or anything). Ask me how I know :oops:

FliPP said:
Btw, I was very surprised that nobody here in the US seems to know Cola+Beer. It is soo popular in Germany/Europe and here they never heard of it.

I had it when I was over in Germany, and I thought it was great. I'm no beer conniseur, so I don't really mind.

bone said:
fbc said:
I think we have a new bump champion :p (In truth, great to see a new member bump an existing thread, rather than rush for the 'New Thread' button).

Back on-topic - German & Belgian works for me, particularly Hoergarden (sp?) and Leffe (just discovered that) blond beers - oooooh yeah

hoegaarden ;)

Gah! Gah! Gah!

I ordered a Hoegaarden in the pub one night [mainly for a laugh]. It cost me ?4 for the pint, and it tasted like the sauce at the top of a can of baked beans. It was horrible! Just me though.

Back here I tend to drink Tennents [Scottish and cheap], or what is known as a Diesel - half cheap tap cider, half cheap tap beer [Tennents] and a quarter concentrated blackcurrant juice. I know that makes 1 1/4. I like it mainly because I don't really like beer by itself and it just tastes of blackcurrant, but looks like an [albeit purple] pint.

ESPNSTI said:
What surprised me most when I drank Grolsch and Heineken in the states is that it tastes differently (not quite as good).

Is the Grolsch bottle the same like in the Green Bottle with the 'Beugel'? or are they using US bottles instead? just curious :)
and whats the difference then?

Heineken by far over anything else that we get in Canada for me personaly.

Real Ale - that's the stuff you want. Old Bob, Old Hooky, Rigwelter, Hen's Tooth, Broadside, Jolly Ploughman, Smuggler's Ale, Hobgoblin... the list goes on and on. I pity lager drinkers, fancy putting that shite down your throat.

Ask James May - he knows - I know - the Australians and the Americans don't know. :D

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVPHu7k7jw[/YOUTUBE]

:lol: