Portal

does anyone know why im getting this error message for portal?

portalerrormessage.jpg

Did you really need to post this freaking huuuge screenshot (ok, I have small monitor at work) for "MountAppFilesystem() failed"? :)

As for the question - no clue, try steamcommunity.com forums

Did you really need to post this freaking huuuge screenshot (ok, I have small monitor at work) for "MountAppFilesystem() failed"? :)

As for the question - no clue, try steamcommunity.com forums

what resolution are you running for your desktop?? sounds like u are running it on 800x600 on a 15" monitor.

1152?864, and forum's resize feature didn't help because the error was so damn small I had to click on full view which created horizontal scroll. But that wasn't a point, the point was - you're freaking lazy! :p

I think those come around when you're messing with the GCF files Steam uses. You might want to try redownloading Portal.

To do this, right-click on the Portal entry in Steam and choose "Delete Local Files..." or something to that effect.

1) thats a pirated copy.
2) thats a pirated copy.

dude you suck at pirating shit.

in other news:
http://img153.imageshack.**/img153/4053/d3c17120002kh8.jpg

Whoa, Hellgate: Portal? :lol:

The location of the game is also wrong. I'm not sure, but I thought you can't move the games out of steam folder.

Steamemu and the sfv file I'm guessing is what tipped quicky off?

Both actually O:). I just didn't want to say out of fear of giving any more help to pirates.

Also, I bought the X360 version, so I'm legit :mrgreen:.

But that wasn't a point, the point was - you're freaking lazy! :p

but i thought you knew that already? :D

Well, its comming from MadCow who said he wouldn't pay for any game.

you know me too well..

1) thats a pirated copy.
2) thats a pirated copy.

3) its from BT
4) its illegal
5) so? im a cheap hobo :p

The location of the game is also wrong. I'm not sure, but I thought you can't move the games out of steam folder.

instruction from the readme.txt was simple, extract to any folder and create a shortcut and play.

my bet is that the rar file wasnt complete(although it does come with steam), the guy who uploaded it obviously missed a few files out.

yay!! finally got portal to work, the guy made a mistake when packing the zip file, thanks to awdrifter i managed to dl a fix for it.

instruction from the readme.txt was simple, extract to any folder and create a shortcut and play.

my bet is that the rar file wasnt complete(although it does come with steam), the guy who uploaded it obviously missed a few files out.

Last warning -- take your warez talk elsewhere.

Last warning -- take your warez talk elsewhere.

and where was the first warning?? :p but thats fine, if you guys dont like to talk about dling stuff then ill stop.

so i guess we all should pay to download TG eps.