What was the harshest TG review?

kekekeke

The recent Caparo T1 review seemed unfairly harsh to me. What other cars got similar reception from TG? (apart from protons and hybrids etc).

From time to time the Vectra review he did on classic Top Gear gets mentioned when this topic comes up. If I remember exactly at one point he just said nothing during the segment out of protest. Sadly there's no clip to be found of it afaik.

The car that Rover wouldn't lend to TG (but it is a POS car anyway)

The Nissan Micra? (if you can even call it a review)

That Ford pick-up. He said it was the worst car he'd ever driven and the demonstrated how much you can turn the wheel without affecting the direction the car goes in.

Or did you want the most undeservingly harsh review? Because that Ford deserved everything he threw at it.

The Type R was very harsh but true. The fanboys will still lap it up though.

The Caparo one was very damning. That added with the high-profile accidents, I don't see the company going anywhere. Fast car, but one day it will kill someone.

A couple of the harshest reviews were of the 350Z and the Volkswagen Touraeg. Absolutely ripped them to shreds.

Ford F150 in the final episode of season 6.

It wasn't a review, but during the news in series 5 he showed a picture of the Chrysler PT Cruiser convertable and said he would rather have an ancient Greek soldier pull his heart out through his arse than drive it.

It wasn't a review, but during the news in series 5 he showed a picture of the Chrysler PT Cruiser convertable and said he would rather have an ancient Greek soldier pull his heart out through his arse than drive it.

That's my absolute favorite, I hate that car. They didn't even bother to do a proper review

Is it just me, or who else thinks Jezza is at his absolute best not when he's blathering on about a supercar, but when he reviews a car he absolutely hates or has something against? One of my personal favourites was the CTS-V film.

naw, not always, he was pretty scathing about the original TT, and that wasn't nearly his best review. However having a mixed bag of crap cars and good cars is worthwhile

I personally consider the scathing reviews a service, without them i would have never thought twice about how excellent the new Civic Type R is (not a civic fan, but it seems to have the right ingrediants)

Cayman review was the only harsh review i didn't care for, unlike himself he didn't ever clearly explain what it was that made it crap, besides the fact it filled a marketing gap and was a Porsche.

He was a lot kinder about the Crossfire convertible, though -- probably because the extra weight helped smooth out the ride.

doubtful, weight alone never makes the ride better, neither can i imagine a structurally weaker car being more comfortable, i think it was mainly because soggy cars are easier to make enjoyable once you cut the roof off, since you don't really need to worry about the car sportiness in the first place with such a car, but you get all the nice convertabally attributes.

Last edited:
Be was harsh on the Porsche 911 I mean he says it like it is, but thats more about the people that buy the car not the car.

Chrysler Crossfire in 3x09? Then again, that was deserved.

I think his quote from that review sums it up (and one of my favorites)

'The Chrysler Crossfire has to be the worst example of American-German cooperation since a chap called Adolphus Busch arrived in the states, tasted the water and thought 'MMMM, i could make BEER out of this! And we ended up with that headache in a can called Budweiser' - JC

Is it just me, or who else thinks Jezza is at his absolute best not when he's blathering on about a supercar, but when he reviews a car he absolutely hates or has something against? One of my personal favourites was the CTS-V film.

He didn't dislike the CTS-V, he liked it. He used the phrase "I like this car, I really do".