What was the harshest TG review?

BMW X3 review, surely. Something like "If you are a sane, rational human being then buy something else. If you wake up each morning thinking you are a blancmange, this is perfect for you!"

I think it got illustrated with that Sniff Petrol image of a turd with a BMW badge saying "you idiots will buy anything".

Kia Rio was pretty scathing, although deserved! I love his scathing reviews, it's what he does best.

^ When I saw this thread the Korean car reviews immediately came to mind. They were nasty with those.

I think the Caparo review is as eye-opening as that review of a hot hatch(I think Vauxhaul) that understeered so badly that it was dangerous.

I don't think they were under deservedly harsh, but they were very surprising. Not that I have the money for a Caparo, but if I did have it, after that review I might think twice about it.

It had to be the Ford pickup "the worse car I have ever driven was (I forget the name) and the key word in that sentence is "was" :p

It had to be the Ford pickup "the worse car I have ever driven was (I forget the name) and the key word in that sentence is "was" :p
a Russian Jeep I drove in Saigon a couple of Years ago* ... :D

... what I personally like about TG talking about Cars is that they often give you pro and cons. You might get the Impression they loved the Car, but if you really look at it, the review contained quite a lot of criticism. Or vice versa.

The Caparo is an good example, as well as the Cayman, the Cayenne, the M5 , the F430, the CTSV ... they tend to go in a certain direction, but they have both. Criticism and Praise.

There are really few Reviews that are all positive or all negative ... and the T1 was neither of those two.

* check out Clarksons "Motorworld" for that ...

But then at the end he said it's not quite good enough for Britain, due to the cheapness of the materials.

Yep, he tore that one apart for sure. "It drives great, but the interior isn't that great". Poor CTS didn't even see it coming...

From time to time the Vectra review he did on classic Top Gear gets mentioned when this topic comes up. If I remember exactly at one point he just said nothing during the segment out of protest. Sadly there's no clip to be found of it afaik.

Remember Vauxhall being infuriated about the original review, hence the TG producers forcing Clarkson to do another where he admitted he did like the

rear coat hook:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
GT500 was pretty harsh, making fun of them for listing the horsepower at the flywheel? <_<

Mocking a drag racing car for not having independent suspension? <_<

Jeremy's review of the F50 from the mid-90s was the one that left the worst taste in my mouth. He said it was ugly, cornered too quickly (WTF), and dismissed it as pointless because the McLaren F1 was faster.

Worst conclusion ever. I'd prefer the F50 over an Enzo.

Remember Vauxhall being infuriated about the original review, hence the TG producers forcing Clarkson to do another where he admitted he did like the rear coat hook.

Hehe, that makes me want to watch that review even more. :lol:

Harshest? The Hyundai Accent comes to mind during the Korean car segment. All the cars were bashed but the Accent took the worst of it I thought (not undeserved, mind you).

How about the Nissan Sunny? Every time a TG presenter gets their hands on one it always gets destroyed in a mean way.

Yea Clarkson did seem to thrash the the vectra when they reviewed it last season.

"This is how far I would go to not have a vectra in my life.."
"Catastrophic understeer.."
"This car has the worst chassis i've ever come across.."

Something to that effect.

Jeremy's review of the F50 from the mid-90s was the one that left the worst taste in my mouth. He said it was ugly, cornered too quickly (WTF), and dismissed it as pointless because the McLaren F1 was faster.

Worst conclusion ever. I'd prefer the F50 over an Enzo.

Yeah i've heard jeremy talking about the f50 beeing ugly, it's one of my fav supercar from the 90's and still is, i've seen one in the metal next to an enzo, enzo looks better in metal and the f50 looks alot better in reality, probably because i like it since i was a kid ... maybe

Hyundai Accident 3-cylinder diesel