[10x01] September 25th, 2006

Evolution was nice to watch until stupid airplane came along.
It was nice to hear Al Gore.
Computer controlled car definitely was interesting and confirmed by speculation that you could have car races without humans.

Rest I really dont know because I didnt watch anything else and yes female presenter sounded like alcoholic.

G?day everyone,

In the past I?ve avoided the forums, i?m on enough of them already but ?

Fifth Gear S10 Ep1 left me so angry and disappointed I had to check these forums just to see if I was the only person doing my nut over how much of a train wreck the new format was.

They?re taken a great show and crushed it with a git and a backhoe.

It?s heartening to find that I?m not alone in my anger, perhaps its all been said before but I?ll post what I said on an Aussie Forum because I?m hoping it may be somewhat therapeutic and on the odd chance that someone from their team is smart enough to check these forums and gauge each shows success.

Has anyone else started watching the latest Fifth Gear season?

They have a new presenter; ?Tim Lovejoy?. This pommy git is like the mongrel son of Dieter from ?The car show? and Liam Gallagher .

?Tim admits he doesn't know how engines work, but makes up for it with enthusiasm and a love for cars.?

It I wanted to listen to some stuck up clueless prat talking about exotic cars, I?d go chat to a car salesman.

This guy is so up himself, sh*t uncontrollably spews from his mouth. Tim rambled on about how he was mates with rock stars, I begged for him to shut the F*** up and let me watch Vicky.

I think Fifth Gear Producers wanted a James May equivalent, someone who didn?t have a wealth of knowledge about exotic cars so that the ?common man? could relate to the show. Unfortunately this guy lacks the style, poise and humility that the eccentric May offers.

?Tim began his television career as a covering VJ for the MTV channel before joining Planet 24 where he worked as a researcher for The Big Breakfast?

Can you imagine a CHEEZ TV host swtiching to one of your favorite programs instead of Tiff, Jason, Vicky or even Tom!

Tims addition to Fifth Gear is making viewing excruciatingly painful
...and they gave this guy center stage for most of the episode.

Unfortunately given Hamster?s accident Fifth Gear is as good as it gets right now.

Okibi said:
G?day everyone,

In the past I?ve avoided the forums, i?m on enough of them already but ?

Fifth Gear S10 Ep1 left me so angry and disappointed I had to check these forums just to see if I was the only person doing my nut over how much of a train wreck the new format was.

They?re taken a great show and crushed it with a git and a backhoe.

It?s heartening to find that I?m not alone in my anger, perhaps its all been said before but I?ll post what I said on an Aussie Forum because I?m hoping it may be somewhat therapeutic and on the odd chance that someone from their team is smart enough to check these forums and gauge each shows success.

Has anyone else started watching the latest Fifth Gear season?

They have a new presenter; ?Tim Lovejoy?. This pommy git is like the mongrel son of Dieter from ?The car show? and Liam Gallagher .

?Tim admits he doesn't know how engines work, but makes up for it with enthusiasm and a love for cars.?

It I wanted to listen to some stuck up clueless prat talking about exotic cars, I?d go chat to a car salesman.

This guy is so up himself, sh*t uncontrollably spews from his mouth. Tim rambled on about how he was mates with rock stars, I begged for him to shut the F*** up and let me watch Vicky.

I think Fifth Gear Producers wanted a James May equivalent, someone who didn?t have a wealth of knowledge about exotic cars so that the ?common man? could relate to the show. Unfortunately this guy lacks the style, poise and humility that the eccentric May offers.

?Tim began his television career as a covering VJ for the MTV channel before joining Planet 24 where he worked as a researcher for The Big Breakfast?

Can you imagine a CHEEZ TV host swtiching to one of your favorite programs instead of Tiff, Jason, Vicky or even Tom!

Tims addition to Fifth Gear is making viewing excruciatingly painful
...and they gave this guy center stage for most of the episode.

Unfortunately given Hamster?s accident Fifth Gear is as good as it gets right now.

I had exactly the same thing. Didn't know if I was the only one dissappointed, guess i'm not. Plato was my fav presentor next to tiff, but he is gone. Tiff had a boring race, in an evo, i mean how many evo's do we have to review over the years. everytime they get better like, 0,1 - 0,2 second, so what. They realised this and decided to do a 30 second review, blah blah its great, and then this stupid race? (which is a total Top Gear ripoff btw, but at least that race was more spectacular).

New presenter is boring, and irritates the hell out of me, and he and vicky have 00000 chemistry. I ended up skipping to the parts where there were cars involved, cuz i felt like i was waisting my time. Skipped the whole DJ thing too.

You know the FifthGear is becoming more of a variety show rather than a true
motoring show. The airplane race was fine but interviewing Al Gore?! How boring
can you get?

Yeah and I didn't like the stupid DJ clip as well.

I've never complained about fifth gear and I'm thankful for whoever it is that ups them for us, but damn and blast this ep. was bloody boring. What happened to the "brand spanking new HQ"? Perhaps they didn't want to hear that chavvy lovejoy and his nonsense. Top gear please come back.

WTF was that? :shock:

The new guy is anoying. What happened to Jason.

Al Gore on a car show. :lol:

Viki and the new guy in the Cafe just drags the whole show down. I'd prefer doing away with the studio segments, without JC it won't be entertaining.

Go to six minutes in and look above vickys head, look at that guy LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

cookie720 said:
Go to six minutes in and look above vickys head, look at that guy LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems he has some king of urgency :p

Lovejoy is to Fifth Gear as Dennis Miller was to Monday Night Football. Clueless semi-celebrity brought on as a gimmick to raise ratings.

The automatic Golf was awesome. I could only wish I was a part of that project. The only part of the episode I remember.

Is it just me, or is reading this forum more entertaining than the show was?

what happened to the old presenter? I liked him. This new guy sucks the big one. A flaming monkey with no car experience. I CAN DO A BETTER JOB. At least I know a somewhat decent amount on cars. Im not to fond of the format they can work on it. If they see this site and read our reviews they can save the 3rd+ episodes with some changes.

my jaw was hanging during this first airing at just how truely horrible it was. i just couldn't believe it. i only watched fifth gear as something in between top gears, it was just ok and i judged it by a much lower standard already but this new idiot presenter and morning tv host format was just insulting.

Its obvious what happened to me. The UK has turned into a nanny state and Top Gear has proven really unpopular with the tree hugging liberal types over there. So much so that there were moved to stop the show or tone it down a bit with normal cars and a more environmentaly considerate flavour.

Tiff may be a good driver but he is still a bit of a twat, and probably sat with the producers took what they thought was the best of top gear, brought in some hip'n'cool youngsters in the appeal to a younger audience, introduced the environment and Al gore. Brought in a non car guy or two and will be setting off to save the environment and produce the show that all the Top Gear abortists have been demanding over the past few years.

All I can say is, what a turd. My wife who normaly watched the show gave up when al gore turned up, and just cringed when she saw the car.

spikey haired twit, and love guy, everything just feels really contrived and crass.

Really sad to see the show make an even worse turn but I can't say I'm surprised. Tiff is a bit out of the loop, stuffy old man that he is. Theres a reason why Jeremy and Tiff never got on and went their seperate ways a decade ago.

Last edited:
I just started watching this 10th season and OMG!!! Bring back the real office!! Its not a car show anymore its more like an entertainment show with some cars thrown in it!!

I watched the first two and dont feel like watching anymore!!