[13x03] July 5th, 2009

[13x03] July 5th, 2009

• Total voters
I am a bit disappointed by the SL65 Black review.

But Car sauna.... :roflmao:

For the love of god...someone give that prick some horse tranquillisers.

That will sort him out.

My god, if he does something in a "funny" voice again...I swear to god!!!:mad:

And I thought Miley Cyrus on Wossy was bad...

That last corner was insane :jawdrop:

Ya, his lap was brilliant.
He was doing pretty well, but lost a few seconds at the end when he hit the grass.

Jebus. That Ken Block is a mentalman!

It looks fun as hell though

Last edited:
That jump was amazing!!:thumbsup: This whole Ken Block segment was great, so many beautiful shots.

This is probably one of the cutest challenges in Top Gear...:)

Aww...Alfie!!!:D

Nice to see the Mi.to, that is a very pretty little car, shame about the boring colour!

SIARPC - Best one in a long time

Also an epic quote:

"Alfa Romeo is latin for: Yes, i will. But only because of your special car" - Richard Hammond.

Solid ep, not as good as the first two but still good. Ken Block's shenanigans were the best bits.
Edit: The shouting out of the rubbish cars was also good, as was the chatting with the bankers. 7.

Last edited:
First TG episode ever where the news was the best feature, the car sauna challenge is genius.

didnt like the ken block section..... it just kinda felt a bit flat. the jump was awesome though, wit the plane going the otherway in the background. the rest of that segment just felt like a collection of clips that were the best of a bad bunch.

i dont really rate ken as a driver to be honest, his gymkhana vids on the net are very entertaining indeed (though obviously staged, choreographed and done in many shots) but to be honest hand the keys to leob, gronholm, solberg, sordo or any of the top european WRC drivers and i dont think it would be to difficult for them to be doing what he did within about 2 minutes.

best bit for me, when they were having a jab at the bankers in london...that was priceless.

I liked the guest, i think hes a pretty decent comedian (live at the apollo)... i thought it was pretty clever how they worked the fiat 500 into the end of that cheap car review. that must of looked pretty good...a street completely full of 500's

and whats this super annoying "live forum update" thing.... im trying to type in this quick reply box and it keeps getting shoved down by people posting into this thread! sorry viper!!! not a good feature

Last edited:
The car challenge for me was not as good has i thought it was going to be but loved the news and the cool Ken.
love the new auto-update thing.

Seems like I'm one of the only people (so far) who really liked this episode. It was so very nearly perfect if it wasn't for one thing. Michael McIntyre, he, in my opinion, is not funny, very obnoxious, and extremely full of himself.

Other than that, everything was brilliant, the cinematography was simply superb. Why do they do the best idea's for shots and what not when reviewing Mercedes's, first the CLK Black now this? Tis'nt fair I tell you.

Hopefully we'll see some more of Block's driving in Colin Mcrae Dirt2 later this year since he is meant to be the face of this one. Epic. James's face when they went over the jump.:blink:.... :lol:

Overall, almost a 10 but just falling short.

missed half of the episode because my tv guide was saying that it was going to start at 8:30, assumed the tennis ran long. From what i saw it was a really good episode. very funny.

The cinematography in the Ken Block part was incredible, Top Gear really really really really needs to be in HD.

Didn't liked the guest, he was mentally ill. Saying stupid things etc. SL65 was a very nice car but the review could be better but it wasn't bad. The cheap'hate' car challenge wasn't great but the ken block was great.