Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
Radio Times said:
Top Gear

Sunday 18 July
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May attempt to build cool and interesting motorhomes before setting off for a bank holiday weekend in the West Country to see how each of their creations performs in the real world. Meanwhile, Jeremy is also at the test track to test the new Audi R8 V10 Spyder against the latest version of Porsche's enduring 911 Turbo cabriolet. Plus, another leading celebrity takes their turn as the star in the brand new Reasonably Priced Car.

http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...12&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

Oooh... I really hope they burn all of them again!

From the sounds of it this is the one that should have been scheduled opposite the World Cup final IMHO since the motorhome thing has contrived written all over it. Still after the relative quality of the first two shows of the series compared to recent efforts I suppose I can't complain too much.

That's ahpadt's job..... ;)

Reactions: LP
I wonder if they will invite "the excited parents" whose YouTube vid they used for the trailer, over for the filming. ;-)

From the sounds of it this is the one that should have been scheduled opposite the World Cup final IMHO since the motorhome thing has contrived written all over it. Still after the relative quality of the first two shows of the series compared to recent efforts I suppose I can't complain too much.

That's ahpadt's job..... ;)

Got a agree. On paper the third episode looks more interesting.

hehe i would bet some rep on it, that jeremy will start saying: the turbo cabriolet is a jumped up volkswagen beetle with lots of power and the r8 is a beauty :p something like that.. It will prolly go that the r8 wins despite it gets vomited in the face by the porsche turbo. Because it is more sensational and passional and better looking.. I'll bet he says something like that, but i hope he shows the turbo powerlap! My dad and me are hoping to see this!

The TV viewer in me say "not another 911", but the part of my memory that recalls driving and recording the 996 Turbo says, damn what a car, show me more.

Can't wait for the Motorhome bit, hope James doesn't get lost.

After watching the Africa special again last night, I miss their hilarious epic journeys. The less scripted ones.

Another ep with an Audi R8. They did the V10 in the last series. So ok, its a cabriolet. But what's the difference? None almost. Is there no other interesting cars to test there in that price range?

It's not just that. They test what they get from manufacturers.

Either episode 5 or 6.

I don't really understand testing the cabrios on the test track. They really ought to take the cabrios onto roadtrips or the suburbs.

After all, I don't remember the last time TG said a cabrio was better than the coupe version.

They have tested cabrios on the road in the past.

It's largely due to economics that they're being tested on the track instead.

This sounds like it's going to be rubbish.

From the BBC Transmission blog:

You may be a bit shocked by what I?m about to say but I think it needs saying: sometimes, just sometimes, Top Gear is a bit silly.

We don?t tell you about boot space, we rarely mention miles per gallon, Jeremy insists on referring to ?torques?. We are not, in other words, a searing hotbed of consumer journalism.

On the other hand, if you want to be entertained, we like to think that sometimes we come up trumps. Some viewers are very accepting of that. Others get a bit cross and want to know why they hell we haven?t road tested the new Astra yet.

If you?re in the latter camp, you probably won?t like this Sunday?s show much. Well, you might enjoy the first bit in which Jeremy drives the Audi R8 V10 Spyder and Porsche 911 Turbo cabriolet. But even that gets a bit silly towards the end.

The news is even more silly. It has a story in it that concerns ? and I swear I?m not making this up ? a car for the blind. Because sometimes the whole world can seem as silly as Top Gear.

Then we?re into the real meat of this silly sandwich as Jeremy, Richard and James are challenged to build compact and cool motorhomes for a camping holiday in the West Country.

If you don?t like silly, you probably ought to turn off. If you love the three presenters at their bantering, bickering, blithering best then this is one of the funniest things we?ve done in ages. It?s very silly but we hope it?s also slightly entertaining.

Oh, and we?ve got Hollywood actor Andy Garcia in the Reasonably Priced Car. He?s not silly as such, but he has got a rather silly moustache.

Personally, I think this is the show of the series so far. But then I am quite silly.
Not looking forward to this.

I love how they are essentially saying 'fuck you' to the core fanbase of the show that made TG so big in the first place. Top Gear is quickly becoming a show for 13 year olds. Or maybe I just read that wrong?

*waits/prays for Chris Harris, Steve Sutcliffe, and Tom Ford to make a full on, hour long motoring show*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.