[16x03] February 6th, 2011

[16x03] February 6th, 2011

• Total voters
Jonathan Ross is claiming he suffered head injuries from SIARPC:

Jonathan Ross spun his car after he lost control of his Kia Cee'd at 145km/h in the BBC program's Star In A Reasonably Priced Car segment.

Ross suffered a significant head injury and he was treated by paramedics at the scene, The People newspaper in the UK reported.

The 50-year-old Ross, who has a new chat show in the UK this year, refused to go to hospital and is believed to have insisted on finishing his lap after being given the all clear.

"My head banged all over the place and it?s still ?really hurting now. I was coming round one of the corners where you have to be flat out and it started raining," Ross told the newspaper.

"The back end went out and I spun out of control. It was almost a write-off. I was having big problems with the gearbox and kept shoving it into fifth when I wanted third. It could have been a lot worse and my head is still killing me."
- News.com.au

Last edited:
Typical newspaper rubbish. Here's what he himself had to say about it:
"Hi! Just fyi, contrary to reports I did get a slight sprain in the neck while filming Top Gear but it really was nothing serious!" (Dont know how to directly link to tweets, my bad!)

Best star in the reasonably priced car for a very long time...
we are the same age but man,what happened to you
If it's not weining
what's happened to hamond? he's wearing a necklace
exactly!

Last edited:
Only a 6 for me this week. Instant points off for the guest as I don't like Ross. Really could've done without the silly staged bank robbery and the other heavily scripted bits, maybe they think it's what people want but they can be so much better than that. The reviews were ok but this was easily the worst episode of what's been a good series. 15x07 is still the best of the lot.

Was the throttle on Jeremy's Yugo stuck open or something, or was it just a really rough sounding engine?

Still, 7/10. I want an RS.

Last edited:
Was the throttle on Jeremy's Yugo stuck open or something, or was it just a really rough sounding engine?

Still, 7/10. I want an RS.

I assumed he was deliberately driving it in a low gear to make it sound worse.

It was a good episode, just can't put my finger on what didn't make it great.
Clarkson spoke about Albania's beauty and his overall fascination with the country at the beginning of the news. Shame that we didn't really get to see it ;).

having the S65 AMG on the show is enough for me to give it a 10/10.

Now I'm going to have to go watch it again after reading all the praise on here because I just didn't find it all that interesting. Barely held my attention

Nah, most cars built in the Eastern Bloc while the Communists were running the show sound as bad as that at all revs and in all conditions.

the car he was driving is basicly a Fiat 128 - but a hatchback model made in Yugoslavia..

and it's FWD, but JC mentions it's probably RWD

Although the end was set up, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The dummy of James May that fell out the car made me laugh :D

I don't usually enjoy the SIARPC, but I enjoyed it this week. It made me laugh.

Great episode, 9/10

wait, it was set up? WTF!

Have the Albanians made a complaint yet?;)

They dont have interwebs there...;)

loved it and best episode of the series so far. Loved it mostly for the Albanian segment and specifically the Bank job. Especially with them using music from the Inception soundtrack.
Skipped the SIARPC since i can't stand Jonathon Ross, just makes me want to stick my head in a blender.

Easily the best moment for me was when James saw the MiG's. His reaction was like a 9 year old walking into a chocolate factory.

When I first watched this episode, I thought the editing was poor because the Yug.....I mean "Bentley" was revving up a storm while Jeremy was supposedly shifting.
Then I remembered my own experience with that style of "Bentley". I drove one of those for 3 years as a winter beater and one of the problems that I had was a plastic C-clip that held 3 wires would shift positions due to the vibrations from the engine. That C-clip would spin, and in a certain postion it would trap the throttle cable wide open.

Maybe that was the real reason behind James' accident.

The "Bentley's" acceleration in the drag race was spot on. Nonexistant, and top speed wasn't much more than 70.