2008 British Formula 1 Grand Prix

Devon

Car(s)
2008 MY09 Subaru Impreza RX
Welcome to the 2008 British Formula 1 Grand Prix, Round 9 at Silverstone in England.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/06/27/78601_000.jpg

As we hit the halfway mark of the season, Feilpe Massa is currently leading the World Drivers Championship, after a bad start to the season. Robert Kubica is just two points behind him in second, showing good form for BMW and Kimi Raikkonen is not too far behind in third.

Here are the questions.

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
2) Will we get rain during the race?
3) Will someone get penalised and what for?
4) Who will be the top 8 finishers in the race?
5) Will this be the second last time Silverstone will be used for F1 (contract currently finishes in 2009)?
6) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Constructors Champion?
7) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Drivers Champion?

The first half of the season has been very interesting, the second half will no doubt be even more exciting as the battle for the 2008 Formula World Championship hots up. The race starts at 1pm local time on the 6th of July.

Until then, let the discussions begin!!

Hmm...

1: Hamilton Pole, Massa Race.
2: Considering how shit the weather here is recently, i wouldn't be suprised if we get rain.
3: Maybe someone will have an engine change.
4: Massa, Hamilton, Kimi, Kubica, Kovi, Heifeld, Alonso, Crazy Dave.
5: Unsure.
6: Kimi (Unless you mean who will be top after the race, i predict Massa)
7: Hmm... Tricky.

Kimi and Kimi. Not just saying that because I am a Kimi fan, he showed in Magny Cours that he is faster than Massa and the Ferrari is the dominant package on these wide fast tracks.

No idea, to quote the fabulous Marcus Gronholm "I am not a meteorologist"

Probably blocking during qualifying.

I actually think we could see a "normal" result for the first time this year. Kimi, Massa, Lewis, Heikki, Kubica, Truilli, Webber, Alonso.

Of course any problems during practice or quali will blow this out of the water, but who can predict those!

5) Will this be the second last time Silverstone will be used for F1 (contract currently finishes in 2009)?
No Bernie has been crapping on about it for years. Donington would be cool for a change, but the proposed developments won't happen by 2010.

Ferrari. They already have a 33 point lead over McLaren with the fastest car on the grid. They are continually banking big points from either driver (sometimes both) with the latter half of the season circuits to Kimi's liking especially. Even if BMW were fast enough to challenge, Heidfeld's rubbish performances this year mean they don't have the consistency.

Kimi, his bad luck is returning it seems but he is always strong on the latter half of the years circuits and is the fastest driver in the fastest car. With a reliable car he should destroy everybody. I will clarify his bad luck, certainly not his shunt with Sutil, driver error. BUT Australia (gearbox malfunction) although he drove poorly there as well, Monaco (stop-go), Canada (rear-ended), Magny Cours (exhaust). Probably has cost him 10-12 points and he is still only 5 behind the lead.

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Massa, Kimi
2) Will we get rain during the race? Yes
3) Will someone get penalised and what for? Lewis for not been in a Red car ;)
4) Who will be the top 8 finishers in the race? Massa, Kimi, Kubica, Lewis, Trulli, Vettel, Hekki, Heidfeld - in any order
5) Will this be the second last time Silverstone will be used for F1 (contract currently finishes in 2009)? No, we'll be back!
6) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Constructors Champion? Ferrari
7) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Drivers Champion? Kimi

Just quoting myself from the other thread :p :

- Kimi implied Ferrari to dominate before the test, then changed his song to say it will be a tough fight, after testing finished.

- McLaren has made quite a few new developments for their first home race of the season. 4 plate front wing, massively blocked off right side sidepod inlet (which alludes to better cooling on their water-side), vertical fins on their rear wing a-la Ferrari, and better engine/transmission lubrication.

- Toyota have showed that they are definitely making progress with respect to their pace, they did 1:19 laps as did McLaren, whereas the other teams were mostly in the 1:20's.

- Honda did many many many laps, they actually have a new nose minus the dumbo winglets, good looking, but will it improve their pace? Unlikely. They are supposed to be abandoning development on this season's car, so maybe the nose was testing developments for next season's car?

- Force India introduced a Red Bull/Renault-esque shark fin engine cover, and hope to make grounds on the boys ahead of them.

Answers to questions:

1) Lewis Pole, Lewis Win.

2) No rain during qually or race.

3) On-Track incident involving Coulthard and someone else will result in an investigation... probably no penalties.

4) Lewis, Kimi, Heikki, Massa, Kubica, Trulli, Webber, Heidfeld

5) I think Silverstone will stay, Bernie's just up to his usual tricks at the moment.

6) (Hope) McLaren (Likely) Ferrari/BMW

7) (Hope) Lewis (Likely) Kimi

Hamilton on pole, Massa the winner.

No.

Probably someone jumping the start.

Massa, Kovalainen, Kubica, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Webber, Alonso, Piquet

No. They'll pull it out of the bag as usual and make a deal with Bernie at the last moment.

It's already nearly decided. Ferrari will romp away with it.

Massa.

Hamilton, Kimi
No...
Someone in the race because of speeding in the pitlane.
Kimi, Lewis, Kovalainen, Massa, Kubica, Heidfeld, Trulli, Alonso
No
Ferrari
Kimi

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Hamilton
2) Will we get rain during the race? No
3) Will someone get penalised and what for? I hope nobody. But if McLaren are strong the FIA will find something.
4) Who will be the top 8 finishers in the race? Hamilton, Kimi, Massa, Kubica, Kovalainen, Alonso, Webber, Heidfeld
5) Will this be the second last time Silverstone will be used for F1 (contract currently finishes in 2009)? No.
6) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Constructors Champion? Ferrari
7) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Drivers Champion? Hamilton

Last edited:
1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Kimi and Kimi
2) Will we get rain during the race? i haven't heard
3) Will someone get penalised and what for? Force India for blocking
4) Who will be the top 8 finishers in the race? Lewis, Kimi, Masa, Robert, Kova, DC, Rubens, Heidfeld
5) Will this be the second last time Silverstone will be used for F1 (contract currently finishes in 2009)? NO!
6) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Constructors Champion? Ferrari, by a lot
7) Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Drivers Champion? Kimi

Lol, mixed them up, edited the post :p

Massa/Massa
No
Speeding in the pitlane is very likely to happen
Massa, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Kubica, Kovalainen, Alonso, Heidfeld, Webber
No
Ferrari
Hard to say, Kimi or Massa.

You know he's a pretty big fan of Hamilton when he gives him his own constructor! :lol:

I wouldn't be so quick to judge :p:

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? Kimi and Kimi

4) Who will be the top 8 finishers in the race? Lewis, Kimi, Masa, Robert, Kova, DC, Rubens, Heidfeld

:lol:

No idea, probably cause it's a very fast pitlane entry and in the race they struggle to slow down...

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=43173

Toyota will don its bat capes at the British Grand Prix this weekend to mark the release of the latest film in the Batman franchise.

The Cologne squad has signed a deal with Warner Brothers Pictures to promote its new blockbuster film The Dark Knight, which hits British cinemas on 25 July.

To mark the release, artwork from the film will feature on both Toyota?s TF108?s cars, on Jarno Trulli and Timo Glock?s overalls, as well as the team?s motor home throughout the Silverstone weekend.

Bat fans at the race will also have the chance to see the legendary Batmobile and Bat-Pod vehicles, which will be on display at the circuit.

The Batmobile will then take to the track on Thursday evening alongside the TF108 in a special demonstration run.

:D

1)Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
2)Will we get rain during the race?
3)Will someone get penalised and what for?
4)Who will be the top 8 finishers in the race?
5)Will this be the second last time Silverstone will be used for F1 (contract currently finishes in 2009)?
6)Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Constructors Champion?
7)Who do you predict will be the 2008 World Drivers Champion?

1) Kimi, massa
2)No
3)No
4)Massa, Raikkonen, Kubica, Hamilton, Heidfeld, Kovalainen, Alonso, Webber
5)No
6)Ferrari
7)Massa

1) Silverstone has always been a Ferrari track, and Kimi has always performed well on this circuit, so Kimi will probably take pole position and win the race.

3)

3) Hamilton, crashing into the back of Alonso while trying to overtake.

4) Kimi, Massa, Kubica, Alonso, Kovalainen, Button, Hamilton

5) Not a chance

6) Ferrari

7) Kimi

Pole: Kimi Race: Lewis
It stops raining over there?
3) Will someone get penalized and what for?
I am sure Ferrari will use their bat phone and get the FIA to makeup something
(in no real oder) hammilton, Kimi, Kubica, Alonso, Kovainen, Trulli, Glock, and out of nowhere JENSON!!!! (that's right no Massa)
No, Indy can't happen again
Ferrari by a lot
Lewis with a win in Brazil

No...

I change may opinion... it will definetely rain during the race because I won't be watching it live (I'll be at the Hungaroring watching World Series by Renault :)) and the most exciting races always seem to happen when I'm not watching.