2009 Italian Formula 1 Grand Prix

Kimi, how did the incident occur: I saw him infront of me and thought that he is in my way. Then I used KERS and found myself in his behind. It wasn't pleasant.

The fuel adjusted grid is incredibly tight.

1 Kovalainen (lap 28 of 53)
2 Barrichello +0.016 (lap 30)
3 Hamilton +0.047 (lap 16)
4 Button +0.073 (lap 29)
5 Sutil +0.200 (lap 17)
6 Raikkonen +0.266 (lap 19)
7 Liuzzi +0.296 (lap 27)
8 Vettel +0.363 (lap 27)
9 Alonso+0.381 (lap 26)
10 Webber +0.469 (lap 28)

The British "journalist corps" present at each GP gave Spanky a present yesterday evening... a leather whip. According to Ed Gorman(Times correspondent on F1)'s blog, Max took it in very good spirits and both him and the press corps were laughing their ar$es off after the episode.

Formula1.com said:
Sunday weather update - rainstorm possible for race

Welcome to race day for the Italian Grand Prix at Monza. After Saturday afternoon?s violent rainstorm, which delayed the start of the GP2 feature race, there is now a chance of a repeat during Sunday, when the ambient temperature high will be 24 degrees Celsius.

Monza has been changed very slightly this year, with higher kerbs in the chicanes to discourage drivers from cutting them too sharply.

The race will run over 53 laps of the 5.793 kilometre (3.600 mile) circuit, or 306.720 kilometres (190.596 miles). It starts at 1400 hours local time, which is two hours ahead of GMT.

Source

You really think Fisi would be able to bring the best of that dreadful F60?

No, not really. It was really more of a vain hope from someone who likes the guy and wishes to see him doing well, rather than a real expectation. :)

Edit: I like too many drivers. In fact, I couldn't possibly say I DISLIKE any of them. There are those I don't really notice or particularly care about following closely: Nakajima, Trulli, Grosjean, Buemi, Glock and Kovalainen.

Last edited:
No, not really. It was really more of a vain hope from someone who likes the guy and wishes to see him doing well, rather than a real expectation. :)

Edit: I like too many drivers. In fact, I couldn't possibly say I DISLIKE any of them. There are those I don't really notice or particularly care about following closely: Nakajima, Trulli, Grosjean, Buemi, Glock and Kovalainen.

:lol: I am the same...I don't dislike any of the drivers or teams really...I think they are all awesome for being able to drive an F1 car.

I am bored. I wish the race was on now pls. :| My internet connection has been going stupid all weekend thanks to the wild weather and it's general crappiness, so I'm stuck waiting for it come on the free to air version of channel 10 at 11pm-ish. Damn.

Last edited:
I am bored. I wish the race was on now pls. :| My internet connection has been going stupid all weekend thanks to the wild weather and it's general crappiness, so I'm stuck waiting for it come on the free to air version of channel 10 at 11pm-ish. Damn.

Damn indeed! I'm on the computer at the same time as watching the Grand Prix for the first time since...geez, it must've been before the European races even started, because I've finally got our new router working so we can get a signal downstairs. I've missed the joy of chatting in the chatroom whilst watching the race, but this does now mean I can't suddenly leap out of my armchair.

Lewis Hamilton is Gilles Villeneuve. You gotta love him.

But my God, it really isn't his year :(

Very disappointing race for RBR...looks like Brawn are taking both championships this year. :mad:

Hamilton losing it at the end was a bit of a shame.

Rubens is officially deep in the hunt for the Championship.

EDIT: Also, Kimi and Sutil managed to run for 50 laps in close proximity without a crash. :clap:

Last edited: