STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Why you running late? Sod the tennis.
20 bastard minutes late ?
Love the Mono visuals.
Audi had the self park first?
Best ?top gear supercar bit ever? That might beat 7x3.
Been a while since the last Dicky race event.
Limo drift!!!!!!
Oh Fuck off. Why ruin it? It's supposed to be nonsense, not bullshit.? ??
He was in Happy Days? Wow, no one knew that.?
"Volvo doesn't work."
Another rehash? That wasn't Top or Gear.

Ok, wasn't expecting another segment, Jezza you may have just salvaged it.

? ? ? ? ? ??
???

I'm quite baffled by this one. Not sure if I liked it.

What was James's item about anyway? How is it remotely Top Gearish ? And what was James's role ? Watching ?
I like the guest, seems nice, and I like when they have nice people. So that went smoothly, and the part about middlenames was fun.
Taxi bit is just more of the same for Hammond, got bored with this theme since the airport vehicle thing.

Was expecting the Ferrari test to cheer me up, and it did ... just. The views and filming as usual were extraordinary. The test in itself.. not sure.
I think we NEED more car stuff... It's getting too vague and random. And I hate when Jeremy repeats stuff he's already said and seems like he doesn't know he's repeating it ... i.e. the whole buttons on the steering wheel crap. At least he could say "As with the 458.. blablabla".

Really stumped by this one. 7/10 I guess.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised by tonight's episode. Both reviews were excellent and the news was decent. Points off for the race which I thought was too short and a bit boring and the obvious scripted segments of the taxi race. 8/10

7/10. Like last week, it was a good episode if nothing amazing. Rush looks like an excellent film.

Quite bad, Ferrari and James May's item was OK, Hammond's item is rubbish as usual.

That's a 6/10.

A 7, because of the stupid goddamn tennis and the rubbish thrown out in the Ferrari film. An Aston with 730 would be; I reckon; not powerful enough.

The Atom racer whatever was well.. seen it before, couldn't care less.

News were some stuff from 2012 that we've all heard from other sources months ago.

The taxi race? I dunno, fast forwarded after they started running through each other.

Who is Ron Howard? Or How Buford, whatever his name was.

Why should I give two craps about runners in a motoring show, that clearly are performing stunts that are comparable to CGI in realism?

They ran through fucking windows.

And a Ferrari something or other. After that CGI race, why should I give a single fuck about this? Might as well be watching Gran Turismo 5 for all it's worth.

Yeah, 2/10. The point is for nice imagery.

Last edited:
Who is Ron Howard?

Um, does Arrested Development ring a bell? Or A Beautiful Mind? Cocoon? Willow? Backdraft? Apollo 13? Angels and Demons? The Davinci Code? Cinderella Man?

And the upcoming movie about Niki Lauda...Rush?

He's just some American director type person. Rather obscure though. ;)

The Ferrari Review was stunning and in my opinion one of the best since quite some time, BUT the rest of the episode was just shit... because the ferrari item was at the end i can give a 5, but really, those 50 mins before were disappointing.

Um, does Arrested Development ring a bell? Or A Beautiful Mind? Cocoon? Willow? Backdraft? Apollo 13? Angels and Demons? The Davinci Code? Cinderella Man?

And the upcoming movie about Niki Lauda...Rush?

He's just some American director type person. Rather obscure though. ;)

And Frost/Nixon, Backdraft and Night Shift.

Also, a child actor best known for Happy Days & the Andy Griffith Show.

Also a producer of Parenthood (for which he also writes), Cowboys and Aliens, Felicity, Sports Night,

What road/location was used in the Ferrari F12 review?

I heard him say it was in Hertfordshire. Where about in there? I live in Herts but I didn't recognize the location from the places I know here.

The Ferrari bit and the news saved it from being a 5. Taxi race; boring and done, silly race: boring and done. Gave it a 7, if the Ferrari bit hadn't come at the end of the show it might have been a 6.

Who is Ron Howard? Or How Buford, whatever his name was.

I'm just going to assume (for your sake) that was sarcasm, cause no matter where you are in the world, I'm sure you've seen some of his movies or TV shows, or at least something he had a hand in....even if you didn't realize it. (including happy days reruns)

Now as for the ep, it was better than last week, which is good cause I was really hoping things would get better after last week's kind of "meh" start.

As for the segments the taxi racing bit was lame cause it was so predictably going to go to hell like it did (and I'm sure we all knew the limo was there just to be destroyed). The mono looked cool, but wouldn't spend 100k on it, the race through the BBC building was different but still kinda lame, and though I was not quite expecting another segment. Since I was watching it on my PC's video player, I did notice a good 15-20 minutes still on the clock as they were talking like they as if it was the end of the show.....so I knew something had to be coming.

I guess I'd this ep between a 7-8/10

BAC Mono : 7/10 - love the car but the segment was slightly boring
News : 6/10 - Some funny bits
Taxi race : 2/10 - wtf !! - scripted, staged and just plain stupid.
SIARPC : 7/10 - dont like promos, but the film is something I look forward to, I was a huge Niki fan as a kid.
Trial/Parkour Race : 1/10 - wtf !! wtf !!! wtf !! JM is my presenter of choice, but this was just shit.
Ferrari : 7/10 - Love the car, amazing scenery, would've been nice to have the Stig set a lap time.

5/10 overall :( the BAC/Ferrari segments were not good enough to pull this episode out of the gutter. The Cab and race segments just completely ruined it for me to the point where I was bored out of my skull.

Reactions: TC
What, Jeremy POWEEEEEEEEER Clarkson saying a car is too powerful? :shock:

I liked this ep! The Bj?rk car is brilliant (And I loved that they brought one to the studio, something I've been missing), the taxi race was a little less boring than I predicted (Richard, leave the Mexico jokes behind, please), News were really great! And the Ferrari segment was stunning! I won't mention SIARPC because I never watch it, so I don't take it in consideration when rating an ep.

It "would" be an easy 9 but then... there was no real James May segment, just a time filler featuring... 2 dudes and a trial bike? What gives? No car, no 4-wheeled vehicle present... nothing? Just 2 wheels and a pair of yobs jumping around?

I dunno, but I actually was left with the impression that they had something planned for the BBC building involving cars, then at the last minute the segment was not allowed by the safety people, and they had to think fast on something else...

I'll give it a 7, which in my school days was good enough to send me running down the corridors with both arms open and my shirt over my head :D

I liked the BAC Mono review, despite being short. I liked the metaphor at the end as well. The news was OKAY, and i'd love to see the battle between the LaFerrari, P1, and Revolucion. The Taxi race was actually nice. But were those 3 crashes real? As in, actual accidents? The race was friggin amazing, despite not having any cars. Did the jumpers really go through the glass? I know they're pros but wouldn't that hurt like hell? I also liked the Ferrari F12 review. And i'm glad Jeremy adressed all the people saying that you can't use cars like that on roads anymore. Funny metaphor as well. I wish they had time to put it around the track though. solid 7.5/10

My guess, without seeing the episode yet, was that it was sugar/stunt glass.