A bunch of Beetles and a racing pig

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
Last Saturday, I visited the Porsche Museum at Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen.
It was quite interesting, even if at the end it became obvious that Porsche's museum lacks a bit of the diversity of the Mercedes Museum because Porsche really only made one car all the time. Nevertheless, you got much closer to the cars than over at Merc (will upload that pictures later) so I can't say it wasn't worth it. Additionally, unlike the folks at Merc who like their museum pieces perfectly clean, Porsche's car actually get track time. I photographed some of the scrutineering stickers from historic racing events.

What I found most noteworthy is that there is not a single Panamera in the whole museum. They got several Cayennes, a Boxster and a Cayman, but not a single Panamera, almost as if they'd be emberassed by it's existence. But then again, looking at the beauty of the 928 estate concept one can only feel cheated that they did not make that, but the Panamera. Just like with the DeLorean, the Aston Martin Lagonda and Merc's Auto 2000 concept car, the 80s vision of how the future would be was remarkably more awesome than what we got in the end.

But, without further ado, on to the pictures!

Yep. Their design department only had a photocopier and they are proud of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
Holy Picdump, Batman! Never mind No 56k, my 10MB connection at the office struggled for a while!

Good pics though. I still like 914s and 928s.

:wub:

Always wanted to go to the porsche museum but never had a chance. Maybe next summer before or after the ringmeet.