ATTENTION! I would like a word with all TGA viewers!

Music, some stories don't even have any... A good backing track will multiply the awesomeness of a story ten-fold!

This is very true... the music on TGUK is almost a feature in its own. Wouldn't it be great to see SBS get behind the local music scene and feature up and coming musos and composer/producers?

Another opinion from N.America that pretty much agrees with the other ones here.

I watch all three shows, and I have to say TGA is third on my list. That's not to say it's not a decent show but I think they try too hard to emulate TGUK.

The more I watch of British TV shows in general the more I appreciate their brand of humor/drama/suspense. Currently, my three favorite shows being aired are all British. I believe TGA just has to cut the umbilical cord to TGUK, go out on their own and they'll be fine. Stop trying to be something they're not and focus on their own audience. My guess is in a couple years they will be surprised at the number of international fans they will attract. I'll certainly give them more time to polish their act.

I think the main thing we are forgetting is that TGUK is an international show, TGA is not. The one place I would expect it to be sold to is New Zealand, because we're so close and alike, but it ain't on our telly and probably never will be.

Last edited:
This is very true... the music on TGUK is almost a feature in its own. Wouldn't it be great to see SBS get behind the local music scene and feature up and coming musos and composer/producers?

Ahh, theres something! All of the music in TGUK fits the events perfectly, and the music is from well known artists, which makes a huge difference.

TGA seems to be cobbled together with music made by the same people who compose lift music and hold music. Most of the music sounds the same as that of those high-definition demonstrations (I don't know if you've ever seen them). Put a bit more money into it, be prepared to pay royalties and use music that is not in the free domain.

Last edited: