The Stig: Bad idea using The Stig to test cars ?

I want to see machines being pushed to their limits! Much rather watch the Stig drive the Lacetti than any one off the street. As has been stated, Jezza does the review and tells me if I win the lottery which I would buy - the Stig shows us what it can do.

I agree with the majority in saying that the Stig is needed. Sure maybe regular folk can drive an M3, R8 or 911 around a track fairly quickly, while crashing a MC12, Enzo or 911 GT2. But the point of the lap time is to show how fast the cars really are around a track. So you need someone who can push the car to its upper limit, so we have a proper time. Once you see the time go up, you know that is the proper time. No one can say, oh I can do it faster or what not.

Yeah, it's a really bad idea. Hey I've got a good one, why not let the SIARPC do the Power Lap? It would kill two birds with one stone, provide no consistent yardstick whatsoever and allow more time for the proper car reviews that so many trolls here seem to crave!!

Why not aim to increase your driving skill?? Personally I could not handle owning a car that I couldn't drive to the very edge of its potential.

Stig is awesome /thread :p

btw awesome car they look tough as and would be surely as fast as anyone would ever need.

It's pretty obvious that sending a car on a POWER lap is a good reason for wheeling out Stig. And they only test cars that we couldn't afford anyway :sad: