Batman: Arkham City

Supposedly pre-order suits

1312218170582yp.png

Batman Beyond one is awesome. Steam one looks great, the Amazon one looks like some kind of Bat-Hulk :lol:

must get the Batman Beyond one but i do like the GameStop one as well since its based on the Batman Animated Series. For those interested, Amazon one is based on The Dark Knight Returns. Best Buy is based on the old 80's comic book design. i don't recognised the Steam one. That might be the current suit used in the comic books since Bruce Waynes return from the dead and setting up Batman Incorporated.

Wish we could get the Best Buy Batsuit here in the UK, it's my favourite from that line up.

little random piece of bat-trivia for you. When Batman Beyond was shown over here in the United Kingdom. It's name was changed to Batman of the Future because the bigwigs believed that us brits wouldn't understand the meaning of the shows title.

i mean, come on! Batman Beyond is a way cooler title than 'Batman of the Future'

little random piece of bat-trivia for you. When Batman Beyond was shown over here in the United Kingdom. It's name was changed to Batman of the Future because the bigwigs believed that us brits wouldn't understand the meaning of the shows title.

i mean, come on! Batman Beyond is a way cooler title than 'Batman of the Future'

I don't remember it exactly, but I think they called it Batman of the Future here as well, I think Cartoon Network then was broadcast here from the UK. Or something like that.

Please to be explaining the reasoning behind region exclusive content? I can't fathom why this is even a thing.

I would love to have the Batman Beyond suit! Although, why is that one so muscular? That batman was slim.

Last edited:
Please to be explaining the reasoning behind region exclusive content? I can't fathom why this is even a thing.

I would love to have the Batman Beyond suit! Although, why is that one so muscular? That batman was slim.

while i have no idea how computer game engines and 3D designs work. my only guess is that they've used the model of Batman and just changed the skin of the character to the Batman Beyond costume. To create a slimmer version i guess would require a bit more work.

[nerd] Bruce Wayne wore the beyond suit until he got too old and Terry took over so it still is legit [/nerd]

edit: I think

Last edited:
[nerd] Bruce Wayne wore the beyond suit until he got too old and Terry took over so it still is legit [/nerd]

That's true, they could be using that as a loophole. But we know the Batman Beyond Batman as Terry. Eh, oh well.

while i have no idea how computer game engines and 3D designs work. my only guess is that they've used the model of Batman and just changed the skin of the character to the Batman Beyond costume. To create a slimmer version i guess would require a bit more work.

Yes it looks like they're using the same model just with different normal/texture maps and a few extra pieces of geometry. However, scaling down his girth wouldn't take a lot of effort. Actually, looking at it again, it does look like the models are different, albiet only slightly. Compare their pecs and chest sizes, as well as the head size.

Last edited:

Thats very true. i hadn't thought of that. Guess that just proves how long its been since i last watched Batman Beyond.

Now thats a idea, DC Animated Universe Dini/Timm marathon of Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice Leage & Justice League Unlimited. goodbye weekend!

Yes it looks like they're using the same model just with different normal/texture maps and a few extra pieces of geometry. However, scaling down his girth wouldn't take a lot of effort. Actually, looking at it again, it does look like the models are different, albiet only slightly. Compare their pecs and chest sizes, as well as the head size.

Actually thats very true, the Dark Knight Returns Batman definately looks a lot bulkier and heavier than the others. Unfortunately comparing and examining Batman's pecs has never been that particulary high on my list of priorities.

The default one looks the best, IMO. It's cool and all having different costumes from different variations of Batman, but the one that was designed for the game should work the best.

[video=youtube;rW4je-Y-0Xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW4je-Y-0Xo[/video]

:w00t:

Which version is everyone getting?
Normal.
One of the 2 steelbooks.
The special edition.

I don't care for statues, but I'm thinking about the special.

Most probably normal.

One of the best games of the year is coming out in only a few days and no one has talked about it for two weeks? What's wrong with you people?

Last edited:
I'm glad I preordered it! 5 days till it comes!