Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
No Boss said:
That doesn't look like a supercar. It looks like a "Pimped" Z/M4

You've got that right.

I've got trouble calling something front-engined a supercar. I'd say it's a GT, no matter how fast it is.

The Koenigsegg-doors fail.

vanMould said:
I've got trouble calling something front-engined a supercar. I'd say it's a GT, no matter how fast it is.

The Koenigsegg-doors fail.

How about early Ferrari autos?

vanMould said:

What about the SLR? It's a GT, yes, but you can't argue it's not a supercar without McLaren wanting to beat you really hard.

Dare I say it? What about that C...nevermind, don't want to turn this place into a flame war.

EDIT: aha! Aston Martins! They're front engined too.

AS for this car, it's ugly. That is all.

jetsetter said:
How about early Ferrari autos?
Nah. GT:s.

FATMOUSE said:
What about the SLR? It's a GT, yes, but you can't argue it's not a supercar without McLaren wanting to beat you really hard.

Dare I say it? What about that C...nevermind, don't want to turn this place into a flame war.

EDIT: aha! Aston Martins! They're front engined too.

AS for this car, it's ugly. That is all.
The SLR is a rather fast GT. Most of the Astons are GT:s. I'd might count the V8 Vantage as a "just" a sports car, but I'm not sure. The Corvette is a musclecar.

All imho.

skaternick said:
2,500lbs and 330hp in an FR sportscar, I'm in.
Z4 M CSL in the works maybe...?

matt_shaw said:
The Z29 is just BMW testing different composites out. It means nothing.

it might be just a mule testbed... but why make it with "lamboegg" doors? (not lambo doors, and not Koenigsegg doors.. but lamboegg doors!)

A few years old.. but!
3augger7.JPG

FATMOUSE said:
vanMould said:

SLR and Corvette are both technically mid-engined. :mrgreen:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
FATMOUSE said:
vanMould said:

as is the 612 :mrgreen:

wooflepoof said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
Wouldn't that kind of reasoning make the Citro?n DS mid-engined? :mrgreen:
They've still got a driveshaft and separate differential between the transmission and wheels. Heavy, complicated and not really super imo.

vanMould said:
wooflepoof said:
BerserkerCatSplat said:
Wouldn't that kind of reasoning make the Citro?n DS mid-engined? :mrgreen:
They've still got a driveshaft and separate differential between the transmission and wheels. Heavy, complicated and not really super imo.

Says who? I wouldn't say you're the authority on sports cars.

matt_shaw said:
The Z29 is just BMW testing different composites out. It means nothing.
Exactly.

FATMOUSE said:
vanMould said:

SLR isn't a supercar even IMO. Its front engined, auto gearbox and its got all the luxuries of something like an SL such as leather, climate control, CD and big trunk. It just isn't a supercar.

I don't like the term "supercar" getting chucked around <_< A Zonda or Koennniggzegggg - Now they're supercars! :)

front engine supercar.. mh 250 gto? to that time the killer on the racetrack with a v12 in front.

@topic
read about it in a german car magazine. they said its just a prototype car, where they wanted to test new technologies like a complete monocoque+front and rear module aluminum and other several lightweight ideas. all together ended up with the m3 engine with 343hp and 1160 kg. 4,4 sec to 62mph.

330hp definetly isnt enough for it to be 'super'. It looks like its going to be 'sports', but nothing more.