Car for commute + snow.

How do I find steelies that will cover AP RAcing 4-piston calipers? :D

Maybe you missed the forecast this week that warned people living in the Sierra Nevadas to check the fuel for their generators and lay in several days of food and emergency supplies.

Two words: Donner Party.

Don't get much news for that part of the state down here in the basin.

Well, it is currently about 10 degree colder in LA than it is here in Dallas so :tease:

Luckily my 'burb is usually about 10F warmer than most parts of LA in the winter :tease:

How do I find steelies that will cover AP RAcing 4-piston calipers? :D

I'm sure these guys can do something for ya.

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com

I'm so damn happy it doesn't snow here. :p

You're seriously missing out. Power oversteer is soooooo easy and fun in an unplowed and unsalted parking lot, and even controllable if you have good snow tires. Heck I'd prefer it if the roads were unsalted and most people stayed off of them during snowfall.

You're seriously missing out. Power oversteer is soooooo easy and fun in an unplowed and unsalted parking lot, and even controllable if you have good snow tires. Heck I'd prefer it if the roads were unsalted and most people stayed off of them during snowfall.

It still rains in the southwest. Hell LA has only finally had 1 day of not constantly raining for the past week. My Mx-5 acts like it's got 450hp on 185/65/14's :thumbsup:

Sure, but I wouldn't ever want to live in it. I can cruise up to Flagstaff in a couple hours and see snow if I wanted. But I don't. :p

Besides, driving a truck offroad with a locked rear diff can result in lots of sideways action too. Believe me. :D

All seasons + AWD work damn well too :p

IMG_0559_rsz.jpg

Getting slightly chilly out there.

Yikes. We've had wind chills worse than that here, but straight up air temp? Gross.

3 inches of snow last night = cops on the radio this morning : "It's all compleetly hopeless, everybody just stay home"

It's Friday, so I did :p

^i didn't, and on the highway, i saw headlights pointing in my direction on 2 occasions

PS: the others had turned around, not me!

I loled at the radio when it proclaimed that the island of Bornholm was completely snowed in, and expected to stay that way. Being "snowed in, insn?ad" means you're a ignorant and backwards person, like Sarah Palin. In other news two santas surprised a guard at the royal palace last night and made off with an loaded automatic rifle.

You sound like you're a bit young, servicing this vehicle will require money and time. Honestly I'd stay American to keep service costs low for the time being. Depending on your needs and tastes, I'd choose Chevrolet Blazer from the early 90s(full size sometimes called tahoe 2 door or the smaller one) or 80s models are really good, you can even get diesel models and it seems like the us army are selling alot of there's off.

Ford Bronco or Bronco II.

Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee if you want luxury.

Its only snow. I have a friend, who haven't been out for 4 days, because of the snow is blocking her door and windows. :D