Audi 80
2f1b69d6262c787fmed.jpg

Fiat 125p (British version here)
Polski_Fiat_125p.jpeg

Peugeot 205
27431zd1_1.jpg

nutter1.jpg

Ford Sierra RS500

Now...guess what video game had all of these cars as well as an epic influence on my childhood?

I see you loved Need for Speed quite a few years ago.

[YOUTUBE]Z8Mm_UY8An0[/YOUTUBE]

Happens to be the one of the cars in the true series* that inspired my love of European automobiles, alongside...

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/10/lamborghinidiablosv_000.jpg

And just because I want to, let's throw in the intro to Need For Speed II, for nostalgia's sake.

[YOUTUBE]6OwZNx7bsMo[/YOUTUBE]

I have grown quite sick of the latest NFS games, and now I consider everything succeeding Hot Pursuit 2 to be a Need for Speed game in name only...

And just because I want to, let's throw in the intro to Need For Speed II, for nostalgia's sake.

I have grown quite sick of the latest NFS games, and now I consider everything succeeding Hot Pursuit 2 to be a Need for Speed game in name only...
My favorite intro video was for the Lotus Espirit.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVPpvyxYKFI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Remember back when these games not only were massively fun and awe-inspiring, but also taught you a thing or two about the cars that you were busy crashing off that rickety bridge in the Amazon track? NFS Porsche Unleashed taught me more about Porsches than an entire library, and made a fan of me to boot. I don't see why games can't do that nowadays especially with their amazing graphical and physics capabilities.

American TG Man I hate you! ...You made me dig up my old NFS2 cd and start playing it again :p :)
What a game - proper cars, proper music and groundbreaking graphics...for the time.
If I remember correctly, all of the cars in the game had AT LEAST 8 cylinders. Except for the Jag, but we all know it was no ordinary V6...

Last edited:
Another car I drooled over, and not too many will agree with me is this.

ferrari-f50-front-1_65.jpg

Oddly I always told myself that I liked the F40 better, but in truth, I didnt, i loved the F50. I think this mainly has to do with Project Gotham Racing. I played it extensively at my friends house one summer vacation when i was like 12. The F50 was the final car to be unlocked and I wanted it so badly, but I do not recall every actually earning it, because I just didnt have enough time. I also think it is THE supercar of the 1990's, eclipsing even the mighty Mclaren F1, as I'm sure it would destroy it on anything but a very long, very fast track. The F50 also came out when I really was aware of things, at least moreso than when the F40 came out. (It had been in production 2 years before I was even born) so the F50 was the first new ferrari supercar I read about, I remember the anticipation and the hype.

Last edited:

Hot Pursuit 2 was the last real NFS game for me to, and I am only 22.
Old NFS games rock, my love for cars began with the very first NFS game:
Road and Track presents: The Need For Speed.
damn that game was good. and to keep the story in the topic, it had my childhood hero in it, Lamborghini Diablo VT.
others are: dodge charger, F50, Corvette zr1, Dodge Viper rt10, 512 Testarossa, BMW 850,
those were the cars when i was 10, most of them don't inspire me anymore, but in my top 10 garage is still a Diablo,
my childhoodhero. it did 202.5 MPH in NFS1 :mrgreen: yeah

This one's a bit strange as I've never seen one and they stopped making the original 20 years before I was born, but for some reason I always loved the Mini Marcos as a kid. I must have seen it in a magazine but I have no idea why I loved it.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/11/c010317814171458.jpg

My favorite intro video was for the Lotus Espirit.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVPpvyxYKFI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Remember back when these games not only were massively fun and awe-inspiring, but also taught you a thing or two about the cars that you were busy crashing off that rickety bridge in the Amazon track? NFS Porsche Unleashed taught me more about Porsches than an entire library, and made a fan of me to boot. I don't see why games can't do that nowadays especially with their amazing graphical and physics capabilities.
Man the Esprit is awesome. That vid is a partial reason for it being on my list :D. They really had a good knack on making some videos too, I wonder who did them from NFS 2 until High Stakes?
Hot Pursuit 2 was the last real NFS game for me to, and I am only 22.
Old NFS games rock, my love for cars began with the very first NFS game:
Road and Track presents: The Need For Speed.
damn that game was good. and to keep the story in the topic, it had my childhood hero in it, Lamborghini Diablo VT.
others are: dodge charger, F50, Corvette zr1, Dodge Viper rt10, 512 Testarossa, BMW 850,
those were the cars when i was 10, most of them don't inspire me anymore, but in my top 10 garage is still a Diablo,
my childhoodhero. it did 202.5 MPH in NFS1 :mrgreen: yeah
I still have all of my games from the proper NFS era, from the Road and Track SE version, to Porsche Unleashed :thumbsup:. I used to play NFS Hot Pursuit and High Stakes like a man possesed, or a kid back then :D. Used to play as the cops 90% of the time, loved High Stakes where you could change from cop cars and ask for backup, I would always set up the perfect road block and spike strip setup in the M5 :mrgreen:

The one thing that got me to like techno like music was the NFS series. NFS:HP got me hooked on it, the menu music just got you pumped up to play. I actually have 3-4 song from that game on my iPod. Favorite is from one of the many Rom Di Prisco songs in the game, Sirius 909 :D

Last edited:
You can stick and car from Need for Speed II on my list, I played that game ravenously as a kid. I would watch the info videos for the GT90 and Indigo over and over again.

But, since BlaRo beat me to them, I'll move on.

Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
1907_Rolls_Royce_Silver_Ghost.jpg

Not sure why I liked this one as much as I did, it was just really unique. And expensive.

I raise.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/11/chittychitybangbang.jpg

I have to say HP2 was the downhill aspect of NFS. But the Lambo concept and the Italdesign cars were my favorite cars. Id only race with those 2 in that game.

My hero cars were the first m5, the f355 f1 and because my dad had one, the 840CI

Just an amazing car
url

The first supercar I ever saw, back then when I saw it, I was carrying my hot wheels version of it, it was my favorite Hot Wheels car so to see it blew my mind.
199x%20Lamborghini%20Diablo%20purple%20sv=KRM.jpg

Great American Car, Killed everything close to it back in its time
Shelby_Cobra_427_1967_01.jpg

Oh, we had to start talking about NFS, didn't we? that's a sure fire way to jack a thread, even a good one like this.

The one thing that got me to like techno like music was the NFS series. NFS:HP got me hooked on it, the menu music just got you pumped up to play. I actually have 3-4 song from that game on my iPod. Favorite is from one of the many Rom Di Prisco songs in the game, Sirius 909 :D

I was a die-hard fan of the NFS franchise. The series was so evocative of what auto enthusiasm really feels like, in my mind, anyway. A feeling that peaked in "High Stakes", whos soundtrack has a permanent presence in my car. "Hot pursuit 2" was indeed the end of NFS as I knew it. akin to Lewis Black's relationship to candy corn, I still get the new ones, which just end up pissing me off for a number of reasons.

I'm also gonna drop a little ecto-1 action 8)
ectos.jpg

A few different cars.

I was obsessed with teh Ford Indigo for a while:
indigo_1.jpg

Still love those wheels...

Shelby Cobra 427... yum

Ferrari F50
Ferrari_F50.jpg

As I've grown older I've grown to like the F40 a lot more, but as a kid the F50 was my dream car after the Cobra. I always preferred the F50 to the Mclaren F1. I think it was that awesome rear wing...

And, oddly, this car which actually belongs to me:
l_ec227be6195fca8e165f2e334ddd0f22.jpg

I had a bizarre fascination with IROC camaros that never really died.

I also loved 4th gen Supras (Gotta love the factory wing!) and RX-7s. Beautiful cars.

Last edited: