Chat Room [IRC Channel]

#1: Joel was a half-op, not an admin. Doing a /whois has to show this: Username is a Server Administrator, otherwise they are just a normal user with channel permissions.
#2: IPs aren't hidden. Just type /whois <username> and it shows. ie; Quiky is QuikyZNC@216.59.2.17. And yes, that is a real IP owned by FinalGear.
#3: Vhosts/Fake Hosts are available to anyone. It hides your IP/Hostmask with whatever you want. ie; coco is ~ninjacoco@puff.a.lump. To get one, register your nickname with /nickserv register , then use /hostserv request

The issue most likely stems from the fact that most of us in #gear tend to take everything extremely lightly. As a result we forgot about your personal feelings and got carried away. We make many jokes, and abuse stereotypes, and over time you learn to get used to it and join in the fun yourself.

I myself am insulted very often by being called a frenchie by most of the Europeans. I got used to it eventually and now joke with the majority. The same goes for the tellolist and Ice crashing jokes, eventually you accept and laugh with the rest.

Oh thats a whole different topic there i think, my dear frenchie! But everybody has something like that. Be it car-related like D-Fence's Failbiza, Adu's Grandpa-Merc or Ice the Audikiller. Or stuff like you being french (which is just not true) or MacGeek being swiss. Or Eltoro and the rape-van, every german that is just unfunny, me being a commy or the all-stabbing homicidal finns. That list could be endless, and i haven't even started with our yankees, like hillbilly Buick-loving PB. If you take that serious, you're not following your own basic rule.

Its the Internet!

thomas, not apologizing for anything i didnt do.

God dammit this is spinning out of control

a) #gear is full of people insulting each other, that's why everyone is there
b) voice is a privilege only given out to long time users, trolls and certified females
c) if you act like a tease ("When you know my numberplate you can identify me I am well known" "Everyone knows my bike when they see it") don't be annoyed when people start digging
d) you are a woman on the internet. You knew what would happen the moment you logged in
e) d) is 10 times worse on #gear
f) zeDestructor is French.

You have to be an ?bertard to make joel mad at you.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/11/28/bunnywithit02.gif

Hey, I am not the one hitting on every woman entering #gear, in that regard others take the cake. I just insult newbies.

I don't hit on chicks in #gear. You guys are weird.

Hey, I am not the one hitting on every woman entering #gear, in that regard others take the cake. I just insult newbies.

I know not what you speak of.

holy cow.. I had no idea this existed.

first.. there's no reason for anyone else to try and defend what happened in any way. All it does it lead to more discussion about something that wasn't really (or shouldn't have been) a big issue.

Secondly, I am not, have never been, and probably never will be an "admin" or even an op. I have been a half-op. I don't know what rights the ops & above have on the new server, but I certainly have never been able to see full IP's that have been hostmasked. So anyone that thinks I "abused" my ability to see IP's needs to get their facts a little more straight ;). I determined her location by looking at the first two IP's, which are shown publicly to anyone on the server. Those first two IP's she was using at the time belonged to an ISP that exists only in her location. It's pretty simple. There was never any request that anyone stop asking for a location or any other personal details, and people ask questions all the time in IRC. If you don't feel like answering them, or want someone to stop asking, then you are encouraged to do so.

Thirdly, Cold Fussion, the only person I have ever made quiet is you. No one else.. just you. Last I checked I didn't even have the rights to use the mode on users any more.

Fourthly, Carmen's Revenge was never voiced. And, contrary to popular belief, anyone can be voiced just by asking. It's not necessarily a privilege or a sign of anything else other than that you asked to be voiced. Again, she was not voiced (have logs to prove this if someone higher up really cares enough to know), so devoicing is kind of pointless, right? It was done as a joke.. in the same vane the "shunning" comment was made. I was being sarcastic if anything. She indicated here that she had ended her conversation very nicely. We both essentially said "fair enough" and left it at that. My questions certainly could have been perceived as persistent, but it was all in fun on my side. As I said, if someone doesn't want to answer questions then don't. If you want the questions to stop coming, ask the person to stop.. don't disappear and then complain elsewhere. I am a bit of an ass on irc, but that doesn't mean I'm not reasonable if it's made clear that someone wants to be serious. We might laugh at you for being serious though.. because it's IRC. The "shunning" and fake devoicing was my way of ending the conversation. Both obviously had zero affect on anything that matters. The next thing we all know she stopped talking and then left the channel.

Carmen's Revenge, I'm really sorry that you took it all in a way that I didn't intend. The channel tends to be a bit harsh, like a lot of IRC channels are. Jabbing, ass-hattery, and sarcasm are the name of the game there quite often. People are often kicked as a joke, for instance. I had no intention of that whole conversation being taken very seriously, though I can say that I was genuinely interested in how you ended up where you are. I'm a bit of a travel/international geek and was curious... I believe I said something to that effect in the channel. If you'd asked me to stop, I would have. As I said, we probably would have joked about it still, but I wouldn't have continued asking questions like I did. I can't remember the last time I was mad, upset, or pissed off about something from IRC (it's happened, but usually it's due to something super ignorant that someone says). I certainly was not upset or intending to annoy anyone last night.

It was a misunderstanding. Sorry about that..

moving along..

Once, rootrider (joel), told me to not underestimate people. That totally hurt my feelings, I think you should ban him from #gear. Then again, I don't have tits so my opinions mostly go unheard.

Anyway Carmen, you're lucky Paris wasn't around.

You would instantly hook up with equi if it earned you the Miata.

Pfft! Everyone knows I'm only gay for spicysaurus.

Besides, it doesn't have a hardtop.

Last edited:
That's not the point, why should she be forced the say her age and location if she doesn't want to? So what if an admin can look up their country, I don't see why her trying to protect her privacy should lead her to being de-voiced. Heck, EllieZ should have been devoiced a 1000 times for avoiding these types of questions, but she wasn't, and I don't see why Joel should have the ability to be such an enormous ass.

Coming late to this convo after 10 days of infrequent FG/IRCing, but just felt the need to add to the above: I may have avoided answering such questions at first, but it was always calmly and with humour. That's the difference, seems. And, joel ISN'T an enormous ass. Pffft.

IRC FTW; defo possible to be a wimminz and thrive therein/on/whatever. :)

Last edited:
Coming late to this convo after 10 days of infrequent FG/IRCing, but just felt the need to add to the above: I may have avoided answering such questions at first, but it was always calmly and with humour. That's the difference, seems. And, joel ISN'T an enormous ass. Pffft.

IRC FTW; defo possible to be a wimminz and thrive therein/on/whatever. :)

You also chained BroMic, saw the Grapist video, and regularly call Ice a cunt :p

Also you have to nut up in #gear. I take shit like no ones business, except Ice, and some others. Well I take an average amount of shit anyways, but if act like a fucking cat all the time we think you might be retarded, and by might I mean are. A cat....seriously?