Favourite challenge

Gaaaaaah!

Self-contained challenge: Polar Special (though I also love Botswana and Vietnam)

Cheap car challenge: I'm a little torn between the ?10,000 Italian supercar one and the ?1,500 Porsche one (these are my favourite challenges overall)

Other challenges: Convertible Renault Espace, Caterham, or the 24-hour BritCar race

I don't even remember, all the older ones like the porsche (sp), the 100 or 1000 pound cars, the 1500 supercars, the channel were all sooooo good.

Gaaaaaah!
Cheap car challenge: I'm a little torn between the ?10,000 Italian supercar one and the ?1,500 Porsche one (these are my favourite challenges overall)

Same here... those are #1 and #2 for me.

1) Cross Channel (Amphibious cars 2)
2) 10,000 pound Italian supercars.
3) Amphibious cars 1
4) 1,500 coupe not a Porsche.
5) Limos
6) Supercar trip to french bridge.
The rest are a bit of a jumble.
I kind of consider the Polar/U.S.fly-drive/ Africa/Vietnam to be in a separate category that includes the Winter Olympics. :?

holy cow, this is my 100th post.

Last edited:
Well one thing, it is the best damn hours worth of entertainment on TV. I do not think that the Polar and Botswana challenges are beatable as 1 hour of pure fun - ever.

I love the Alfa challenge, personally. Also lorry driving. Those two combined starting me on the road to rabid fandom. :D

Was the Man With White Van Challange here. Was channel surfing and tuned in just as Richard was pulling his van within millimeters of Jeremy and James rear bumper in the car. Later caught the limo challenge just as Jeremy arrives at the track with his "Giant Panda" and Richard says "Oh my God".
Was totally hooked.
Hubby can't stand it. :mrgreen:

I really can't decide, but I suppose as the limo challenge was the first one I saw and was the thing that got me hooked on Top Gear, I'll have to nominate that one.

I thought the lorry one was pretty poor.

It had it's moments.
James: "It does understeer, this lorry" as he smashes by Jeremy.
The look on Richard's face as he passed Jeremy it the race:

Attachments

• tg lorry challange.jpg
    tg lorry challange.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 66
Gonna have to go with...

The cheap Porsche challenge
The African Challenge
The Winter Olympics Challenges (especially the biathlon).

So many others, tho, that its really hard to decide.

Pretty much any road trip challenge, so the Africa challenge, the Polar expedition, etc. Except maybe the one where they drove from Miami to New Orleans, I don't know what else they were expecting doing that, dumb hoes.

My favorite was the convertible people carrier one.

The first time I watched that, I laughed my ass off through the ENTIRE episode in a way I really haven't done since. It still makes me chuckle.

In terms of "challenges", my favorite on is the reusable Reliant Robin Space Shuttle. They almost had it and it was truly magnificent to watch it climb into the sky.

My top five challenges would be:

1) Reliant Robin Space Shuttle (arguably the pinnacle of both ambitious and rubbish).
2) How much lorry do you get for ?5000 challenge (I have never laughed so hard at Top Gear).
3) From Basel to Blackpool on a single tank of petrol (during the first watch, I was riveted to see if they made it).
4) Cheap Porsche Challenge (just so funny to watch - six hours to go what, six miles? Plus Clarkson's win).
5) Britcar 24-hour endurance race (just the sense of accomplishment at actually surviving).

In terms of "epic races", if there only could have been one, then I vote for the first one: Aston Martin DB9 vs. Eurostar/TGV to Monte Carlo.

My top five "epic races" would be:

1) Aston Martin DB9 vs. Eurostar / TGV (epic race with an epic car and epic trains conducted by epic hosts).
2) Bugatti Veyron vs. Light Plane (what a car!)
3) Nissan GT-R vs. Japanese Public Transit System (I really thought RH and JM had JC this time).
4) Ferrari Daytona vs. Powerboat (great locale with a great car).
5) Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren vs. Cruise Ferry (nice to JM and RH bond).