FinalGear Racing 2010/24 Hours Of LeMons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all of us are pansy-asses who are afraid of the outdoors. >.>

*runs away*

And with that, there might be a driver slot opening soon...

Just a small note, some other team nabbed the #38 for the CMP race before we could, so we'll be using #138.

Repaint on the car then? It's still going to be the same theme...right?

We're sticking with the Trans Prix/Smokey & The Bandit theme for a couple reasons.

1: We didn't really get a chance to put it good use with costumes for BS inspection.
2: It'd be a crime to paint over the bird on the hood.
3: After seeing the car in person, I admit I was foolish to want to repaint it.
4: A new theme would take too much time.

We'll probably just make some tweaks to the theme, like make the pinstripes more pronounced and possibly spray some clear coat over the rest of the car to make it shiny. As for the number we just need to add a 1 which will not be hard since we did the 38 with white duct tape. So it will be Trans Prix 2.0.

I suppose numbering the car 3800 would be a bit too much?

So take number 380, paint another big white 0 in an obviously-different font ?

:|

It's not that big of a deal. Am I disappointed about it? Yes. Is there anything we can do about it? No. At least we got the number we wanted for the GTP's very first race which gave us a place in LeMons history.

Not sure of how hot it'll be in September there...but any thought about adding a fan of some sort?

For the driver, I mean?

Not sure of how hot it'll be in September there...but any thought about adding a fan of some sort?

For the driver, I mean?

Most racers wear what's called a cool suit, which is basically a shirt with tubing stitched into it that gets hooked up to an ice chest with a pump inside. It pumps water through the tube which keeps the driver cool and then recirculates back through the system. It's very effective at keeping them cool no matter how hot it is. EyeMWing has been working on a design that's oversized and overbuilt so the only limiting factor for the driver is how much gas is left in the tank.

899-FRESH-AIR-SYSTEMS-RACER-SERIES-COOL-SUIT-SYSTEM.jpg

I'm told there was one guy walking around Summit who had just used duct tape to tape tubing directly to his body.

Less "oversized and overbuilt" and more "the right size and cheap as hell"

Same general design as the expensive kind, but a lot more ghetto.

Less "oversized and overbuilt" and more "the right size and cheap as hell"

Same general design as the expensive kind, but a lot more ghetto.

Wait a minute, we're going to have our own home brewed ghetto cool suit? That would be awesome!
Does the beast have a fuel gauge? :)

Most racers wear what's called a cool suit, which is basically a shirt with tubing stitched into it that gets hooked up to an ice chest with a pump inside. It pumps water through the tube which keeps the driver cool and then recirculates back through the system. It's very effective at keeping them cool no matter how hot it is. EyeMWing has been working on a design that's oversized and overbuilt so the only limiting factor for the driver is how much gas is left in the tank.

899-FRESH-AIR-SYSTEMS-RACER-SERIES-COOL-SUIT-SYSTEM.jpg

I'm told there was one guy walking around Summit who had just used duct tape to tape tubing directly to his body.

Yeah, I remember that. Wasn't sure where you guys were with it. :)

Good Luck!

If you guys need a pump for the cool suit I have a windshield washer fluid pump off a 1999 Taurus hanging around. I'm not sure if it'll provide adequate pressure, but it's doing me no good here.

Status
Not open for further replies.