FinalGear Shirts 2009 Fall Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
That's right people, we are having another design contest! This one is for 3 weeks, and ends on August 27th.

They will go up for vote, take orders, and be printed. The top couple shirts will be printed (Could be 2, could be 5, or even 10. Depends on how sweet they are, along with the demand).

Winners get a free shirt or two+swag.

The design only needs to be on one-side of the shirt, as does not *have* to incorporate the FinalGear logo. It can, but it's not required. Also, please use the least number of colors as possible. The more colors, the more complex it is, and the more it will cost to make the shirt.

Also, we are doing a sticker/vynil contest to go with it. Same deadline-- make it creative and cool-- you can win prizes and swag for it.

Multiple entries are allowed. You can PM or Email your entries to me.

Final delivered versions must be in PSD or EPS format (But approval/pre-voting can be in JPEG/PNG).

Boilerplate legal thing:
All entries submitted will be property of FinalGear.com. We can/will use what you submit, and you will not be entitled to revoke the usage of said content. Also, please do not submit any copywritten materials, or designs incorporating trademarks/copyrights of others.

Final choice of the winner rests with the sole discretion of FinalGear.com i.e., if we choose we can simply ignore all your votes and pick what we like, but so far we go with what people want.

Also, please do not submit any copywritten materials, or designs incorporating trademarks/copyrights of others.

i.e. no Top Gear logos, etc.

Final choice of the winner rests with the sole discretion of FinalGear.com i.e., if we choose we can simply ignore all your votes and pick what we like, but so far we go with what people want.

Quoting JC: "If it's not a democracy, then it's a dictatorship.... want democracy? Go to Iran!" :p

So, do we post the images here or do we just PM them to you, Quiky?

Is there a recommended / minimum resolution?
Not for the preview.. but the final submission if accepted should be a vector, or 2000x2000+

Any pics of the last two winning designs? Just curious on what sort of thing you where after. :)

But yeah, keen to enter.

I'd say yes to that. I think most celebrities get some sort of copyright protection on their likeness nowadays.

Perhaps a public domain one would be alright, but I don't think Quiky + Viper want to chance it. Last contest someone submitted a Clarkson vector based on a photo and it was a no go.

I think "The Stig" is copyrighted, but I'm not sure about about a person standing around in a white racing suit.

I think "The Stig" is copyrighted, but I'm not sure about about a person standing around in a white racing suit.

If "The Stig" is copyrighted, how did you get away with the last batch of "I was The Stig, but..." shirts? ;)

That would be considered copyright infringement too, because you are impersonating something that's copyrighted and you're doing it for commercial purposes.

It is in the USPTO, but with the following status:
Current Status: A non-final action has been mailed. This is a letter from the examining attorney requesting additional information and/or making an initial refusal. However, no final determination as to the registrability of the mark has been made.
March 20th of this year was last update.
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77638127

Status
Not open for further replies.