Food! [The thread that started this section]

^ Yup but it's my bf's birthday friday so we just had one family get-together this weekend, saves alot of extra cleaning up that way :p

Caution: The following box may contain hazardous doses of epic win!
epicwin.jpg

Anyone who's mouth doesn't water, DESPITE the crappy picture quality, needs to join peta.

My mouth maybe would be watering if I wasn't having my own epic breakfast burrito right now... and if you listed the ingredients. Do I see lots of bacon in there?

Yes. To be precise:
-2 slices of bread (bauernbrot), lightly toasted
-3 mini tomatoes
-lettuce
-7 slices of bacon
-liberal usage of hellmann's real mayonaise

oh yeah, and 2 toothpicks and a pint of milk.

I'm currently having a go at a mixed berry ice cream...

If it turns out any good, I'll post some pics.

Either way, I'm going to attempt this[URL] tomorrow.

Ok, scrambled eggs. Easy, right? Not when its my first ever attempt at making it...

Notes to remember for next time:

-use 5 eggs, not 2
-dont put the saucepan on the stove, set it to high then leave it there
-do not add butter to the already piping hot saucepan
-the kitchen window doesnt open and there are no towels on hand to quieten the smoke alarm
-parents do not appreciate being woken at 1am to find the house full of smoke
-a pinch less salt
-smaller saucepan

^ Sorry, but :lmao:

Red_Bull, your shortcomings in the culinary areas not only amuse me, but they also make me feel better about my own. Hey, at least I can make eggs and pasta.

But my scrambled eggs never taste anything like the stuff you get in hotels and such. Do they use lots of butter or something? Mine don't taste even remotely like restaurant scrambled eggs.

I'm actually a pretty good cook, the end result of my cooking is generally pretty edible (by my standards), it's just the process of getting there that often goes completely pear-shaped, then I have to improvise...

^ Hey, are you trying to put me down? :mad:

:p

Making a shepherds pie for lunch, will post unless I decide to get Chipotle instead.

Red_Bull, your shortcomings in the culinary areas not only amuse me, but they also make me feel better about my own. Hey, at least I can make eggs and pasta.

But my scrambled eggs never taste anything like the stuff you get in hotels and such. Do they use lots of butter or something? Mine don't taste even remotely like restaurant scrambled eggs.

I'm quite certain that hotels use those nasty-ass liquid eggs to make scrambled eggs and omelettes.

You are not adding milk* to your eggs when you beat them before cooking. The milk adds a creamyness and mouthfeel that you can't get in scrambled eggs without it

*when i say milk i mean whole milk don't fuck around with any of that 2% bullshit hell i suggest half/half or heavy cream

Either way, I'm going to attempt this tomorrow.

Suck cess!

http://img58.imageshack.**/img58/465/038sw6.jpg

Although, in future, it'd be a million times easier to buy both lemon curd and thin wafers, rather than make each from scratch...

Ok, scrambled eggs. Easy, right? Not when its my first ever attempt at making it...

Notes to remember for next time:

-use 5 eggs, not 2
-dont put the saucepan on the stove, set it to high then leave it there
-do not add butter to the already piping hot saucepan
-the kitchen window doesnt open and there are no towels on hand to quieten the smoke alarm
-parents do not appreciate being woken at 1am to find the house full of smoke
-a pinch less salt
-smaller saucepan
Ask and ye shall recieve. . .

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxV9QLuEwZo[/YOUTUBE]

Seems to me like it's been a while since anyone posted restaurant-bought food.

So, here's my lunch. A steamed wet burrito... there's a place here that sells steamed burritos, and their signature thing is the wet burrito, which is drizzled in some kind of sour sauce. Really delicious stuff, supposed to be very healthy as well (relatively speaking).

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2008/10/09/DSC_0425.JPG

Don't usually have chips with my food, but it's necessary in this case so you can scoop up all the wet stuff that inevitably will fall out of the wrap.

Best thing about this place though, is the hot sauce which you can see in the little plastic cup. It's unlike any other commercial hot sauce I've ever had.