How do you convert torrent file to .MP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartboy9891

I'm not Moe
Alright, so I have been downloading this music album for the past week or so. It's gotten to 99.7% and it's been stationary for two days straight, now there are 25 tracks total and just one isn't finished downloading. It's a "Bitcomet Incomplete Download" file. However, if I open the file with VLC player, it plays just fine.

Now...is there a way to convert this bogus music file into an MP3 so I can burn it to a CD? As far as i can tell, that particular song is finished downloading but just in this unusable format.

Are the files you're actually downloading MP3s or CD music files? I don't use Bitcommet but most bitorrent progms should let you use/manipulate each individual file once it's fully downloaded.

Rename the file to *.mp3?

no dont rename it as it might not be in that format.

check what the name of the file extension is, it may be that you've downloaded a lossless version or Flac version. there are converters available for it.

Often torrents can stay at 99% for a while as there are less peopel who have the complete set, specifically the end part so they can tent to slow up towards the end, leave it going and eventually it will get it all.

Unless the individual file is 100% downloaded, you're screwed. But if a file has fully downloaded while others haven't (making the overall torrent incomplete), that one file should be fine.

And loose Bitcomet, it's a piece of crap. Get uTorrent or Azureus.

Unless the individual file is 100% downloaded, you're screwed. But if a file has fully downloaded while others haven't (making the overall torrent incomplete), that one file should be fine.

I don't think the file itself is 100% done, so I don't think I can do anything about. I'll leave it downloading for a while though. They are all MP3 files, except for one that says it's an "incomplete bitcomet download file". 1 song out of 25 isn't too bad anyway. But what I should try is finding another torrent file for the album and just downloading the song that I need.

I haven't tried Azureus. But uTorrent refuses to connect to certain torrents that Bitcomet takes care of, so I got rid of uTorrent.

Last edited:
I found another torrent and I've downloaded the song I needed.

Mods can lock this thread if they wish

But uTorrent refuses to connect to certain torrents that Bitcomet takes care of, so I got rid of uTorrent.
Really? I've never heard of any such problem. Care to explain? Maybe we can help.

Really? I've never heard of any such problem. Care to explain? Maybe we can help.

I've had Bitcomet for a while, but I downloaded uTorrent because I heard good things about it. I tried a few torrents out and they worked fine. But then some of the torrent files refused to download on uTorrent that subsequently worked on Bitcomet. Not really sure what the problem was but I have yet to have troubles with Bitcomet.

Didn't uTorrent partnered up with some anti-p2p company? They probably added some codes to prevent you from connecting to certain trackers. I used to use BitComet, up to version 0.60, but the later versions just got worse and worse, I use BitSpirit now. Give it a try if BitComet is giving you problems.

What actually makes it crap, any specific issues or is it more just a personal prefrence. i've been using bitcomet for a couple of years now and I've never had any problems. (except it crashed once when i first got it)

Thats not a problem,get uTorrent 1.6 build 474 or earlier in case you're skeptical about the acquisition of utorrent by bittorrent inc..
Its still a very nice piece of software..

I'd like to know what makes uTorrent so much better than BitComet as well.. I'm using BitComet, and have been for quite some time, and i've never had any problem with it.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.