How fast do you think the Ferrari 599 will be?

No matter how fast the 599 is, it's a Ferrari and that's not cool. It's a brilliant car no doubt, but it makes you look like a burk.

And the sort of people who drive it don't help to improve it's image. And please, it's not the car that makes you look like a burk, it's the people who drive it. It's an amazing car...

When I started this thread I had no intention for this to turn out as another Z06 vs. something else thread.
I still think it will not be very quick around the track. I do believe that a Gallardo Supperleggera or even a stock Murcielago will be faster.
...yes I am a Lambo fan:)

I think at most it will be right below the hyper-car area (SLR/CGT). I don't think it will be able to beat them or the Enzo.

It certainly won't knock the CCX off the board (my fav car :D)

When I started this thread I had no intention for this to turn out as another Z06 vs. something else thread.[...]
Apart from the SLR, the Z06 is the only front-engine, rear-wheel drive Car in the Top-Part of the Chart (Tvr Sagaris following 2 whole seconds behind), so it?s one of the two main Rivals for the "Title" of best Car of this Type. It?s rather uninteresting how this does compared to a 4wheel drive, mid-engine Lambo. It?s a completly different Type of Car, so that?s why this discussion is all about that ...

... and if that really expensive Ferrari can?t beat a Z06 ... shame on Ferrari, they should be around the same as the SLR .... not near the z06, the 599 is just too expensive and then you could just have a 612 and forget all about the 599 ... if it can?t be seriously fast ... what?s it good for anyway if the 612 is still around?

Im going to put 10 e dollars on the 599 doing better than the SLR, but slower than an LP640.

Perhaps say...1:20.5
In between an Ascari and the CCX

Who knows, Im probably way off.

Im going to put 10 e dollars on the 599 doing better than the SLR, but slower than an LP640.

Lloyd: I'll bet you twenty dollars I can get you gambling before the day is out!
Harry: No!
Lloyd: I'll give you three to one odds.
Harry: No.
Lloyd: Five to one.
Harry: No.
Lloyd: Ten to one?
Harry: You're on!
Lloyd: I'm gonna get ya!
Harry: Nu uh!
Lloyd: I don't know how but I'm gonna get ya.

Apart from the SLR, the Z06 is the only front-engine, rear-wheel drive Car in the Top-Part of the Chart (Tvr Sagaris following 2 whole seconds behind), so it?s one of the two main Rivals for the "Title" of best Car of this Type. It?s rather uninteresting how this does compared to a 4wheel drive, mid-engine Lambo. It?s a completly different Type of Car, so that?s why this discussion is all about that ...

... and if that really expensive Ferrari can?t beat a Z06 ... shame on Ferrari, they should be around the same as the SLR .... not near the z06, the 599 is just too expensive and then you could just have a 612 and forget all about the 599 ... if it can?t be seriously fast ... what?s it good for anyway if the 612 is still around?

Sometimes it's not all about going fast. It's about enjoying the car. Trust me, on next week's Top Gear you'll see 'the point' of it.

Oh BTW, the 612 is a four seater (has four seats - two buckets at the back :p) and you can actually USE the 599 on the ROADS, unlike the Z06. :lol:

These are 'road cars' after all.

Nonetheless, if I had forked out $700,000 on a 599. I would want to feel confident of wasting a $200,000 corvette with my technological tour de force.

hajj is right, although, he lives on the wrong site of the netherlands ;)

Nonetheless, if I had forked out $700,000 on a 599. I would want to feel confident of wasting a $200,000 corvette with my technological tour de force.

Wait a minute, what is the currency conversion of Tasmanian $ to US $?

$1AUS buys 90US cents at the moment I believe.

I took a punt at the prices of those cars. However I just looked it up for accuracy's sake and the RRP on the 599GTB is $600,000. Thats before on-road costs and would put you at the very back of the waiting list.

I can find one Z06 for sale. A 2001 for $155,000. There is also a 2005 C6 Corvette for $145,000. So I think $200,000 for a brand new Z06 is a pretty reasonable guesstimate.