Is the Veyron a "comfortable" car?

Interesting - first time I've seen criticisms like that of the Veyron.

Yes and since it comes 3 years after the release of the car, you know how to evaluate it...

So people get negged for not liking the Veyron? Wow, that's real mature. What if I referred to it as the Gayron, would that hurt anyone's feelings?

I don't think he got neg-repped for saying he doesn't like the Veyron. Because that is not what he said. And if he did, he wouldn't have gotten a -rep, because opinions are tolerated here.

I believe he got that -rep for his obvious attempt to provoke (which failed). And that I suppose is not so much tolerated here...

Yes, I'm a smartass and I enjoy it :p

By the way: I saw the Bugatti Veyron live and in action and can report that although its sound may not be as shouty and loud as others, it still had its very own acoustical presence and I liked it.

Last edited:
:lol: Got neg-repped for this, as expected. Whoever neg-repped me, try this: VEYRON SUCKS.

People really get offended when you dislike something that doesn't affect them in any way, shape, or form.
So people get negged for not liking the Veyron? Wow, that's real mature. What if I referred to it as the Gayron, would that hurt anyone's feelings?
I don't think he got neg-repped for saying he doesn't like the Veyron. Because that is not what he said. And if he did, he wouldn't have gotten a -rep, because opinions are tolerated here.

I believe he got that -rep for his obvious attempt to provoke (which failed). And that I suppose is not so much tolerated here...
This, gentlemen, is the very point. Not liking the Veyron is welcome for anyone, but insulting it is a different matter. If I come up to you and tell you that I don't get along with you because <reason XYZ>, it'll be different from when I come up to you and tell you that you suck and that you are gay, won't it?

It's the fastest GT on Earth, but is it really as comfortable and user friendly as some people say?

From the latest issue of C&D:
That's the first negative article I've read about the Veyron.
I have read similar negative things before in an "AutoBild daily-life-test", but honestly ... what's the point of this? This is just nitpicking, you will be able to compile a list longer than that for every (super)car. When people say the Veyron is comfortable, one shouldn't think of snuggling in the back of a Maybach. It's still a 250+ mph car, and they can only make it comfortable in comparison to that.

Until [the gearbox] starts to fail....

Sounds like the clutch for uneven gears was worn and needed to be readjusted. But it's likely a press car that only ever saw the leaden right foot of a test driver and endless full-blown accelerations, so who can blame it for needing some service?

There are 3 different seat design options... :p

4, actually. The one on the left is the comfy seat, the 3 others are different sized sport seats:

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/12/14/veyronseats.jpg

Greetings, lip

So if the Veyron isn't as comfortable and civilized as people made it out to be, why not just buy a Koenigsegg?

So if the Veyron isn't as comfortable and civilized as people made it out to be, why not just buy a Koenigsegg?

I was just about to post the same thing. The Veyron was built to do 400+kph in comfort yet it is not comfortable. Its uglier than a koenigsegg, koenigsegg sounds better and apparently the CCXR should be faster than a veyron.

So let me get this straight ... petrolheads say they don't like the Veyron because it is too disconnected from the experience of driving, it is not loud enough and has too many creature comforts to be a supercar. Now somebody comes along and says that it actually is loud, is not as easy to drive as a golf and doesn't have that much comfort. And the petrolheads reaction is that he still doesn't like it, because it isn't comfortable?

What? No 12V outlet? So I could not even plugin a TomTom?

So much for the Veyron then ...

So let me get this straight ... petrolheads say they don't like the Veyron because it is too disconnected from the experience of driving, it is not loud enough and has too many creature comforts to be a supercar. Now somebody comes along and says that it actually is loud, is not as easy to drive as a golf and doesn't have that much comfort. And the petrolheads reaction is that he still doesn't like it, because it isn't comfortable?

The thing about this car is that it was built to be an easy car to drive at high speeds and to be comfortable and now we find out that its not as comfortable as first thought. Also Manual > Automatic. So now what is the point of buying the Veyron. Its not the fastest car in the world anymore, its ugly and is not as comfortable as first thought. The Veyron reminds me of an upscale Bentley Continental GT.

Veyron vs Koenigsegg CCXR

Looks- Koenigsegg

Comfort- Veyron

Exclusivity- Koenigsegg

Speed- At the moment Veyron. I haven't heard of any news regarding whether or not the CCXR has done a top speed run although Koenigsegg claim it will beat the Veyron.

Sound- Koenigsegg.

Environmentally Friendliness- Koenigsegg. (If you are a hippie).

Add more as you go along.

Last edited:
It's not comfortable for a car that has 1000 hp and can go faster than 250 mph. We've got to keep relations here.

Compare these two videos of a Veyron and a Hennessey Viper, which obviously have comparable specs, and then tell me the Veyron isn't more comfortable.

Viper:
[YOUTUBE]oM_keXwwA9w[/YOUTUBE]

Veyron:
[YOUTUBE]959e9tz47ME[/YOUTUBE]

I should have said not as comfortable as first thought. A Veyron seems as its pretty comfortable for a car that can do 250mph.

The thing about the ones who don't like this car, is that they constantly find new excuses to dislike it, when their old arguments can't carry anymore:

"It is a comfy way to go really fast? Well, it's for pussies then, who don't know how to drive and handle a sports car." (Yeah, right... and what do you drive again? A Vauxhall? A Volvo? A Golf? A Camaro? Surely you have the competence, my friend)

"It is not comfy? Oh, umm... well, then it's carbage after all, isn't it, and you can as well buy a Koenigsegg!" (which will make you look like such an idiot, when it kills you, I dare saying)

"It is the fastest production car in the world? Nah, there are some mental American suicide-slingshots that can beat it" (Yeah, once, then they have to put a new gearbox or engine in)

"It will not go around the TG test track under 1:25, because it is too heavy" (Well, a McLaren-Mercedes SLR weighs only 100 kg less, has rear wheel drive, about 400 HP less and did the TG track in 1:20,9 - do your math)

"It did 1:18,3 around the TG test rack? Oh wow, I didn't expect that... err... I mean, that is too slow!!" (Riiight... even if it is faster than any Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche)

Discussing a subject with somebody who is determined to not agree with you, no matter what happens, and has no rational arguments whatsoever, is absolutely hopeless and only a waste of lifetime.

Speed- At the moment Veyron. I haven't heard of any news regarding whether or not the CCXR has done a top speed run although Koenigsegg claim it will beat the Veyron.

You as a person can be faster than a Veyron, too, when I shoot you out of a cannon. But it is not a very sophisticated way of travelling and hasn't been done since the times of Baron M?nchhausen, you know...

Last edited:
The thing is this: I am perfectly fine if people choose other cars over the Veyron for whichever reason. I for myself am no big fan of automatics (even if it's a DSG), loads of weight and too much creature comforts. I do freak out however when people dump their logic and their good manners (this is not directed to you stevanford1) and go after something they dislike in total disregard of whatever one comes up with.

Keeping proper relations is what I find very important in such discussions, and resembling a list of how a supercar fails in real life is pretty weak if you ask me. C&D could come up with the same stuff for any other car, simply because there is no supercar that does it all. Still, everyone who has a relation to such cars should be able to put these things in perspective.

Coming back to the Veyron, what does that mean? Repeatedly, people have been saying that it is comfortable, easy to drive and quiet. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's as comfortable as a Rolls Royce, as easy to drive as a Golf and as quiet as a Maybach. And honestly, everybody who concludes that needs his head examined. Still, there's a surprising difference of what others say about this car, such as Autoblog:
But it's so easy to drive this ?1 million car like any other every day driver, you'll soon find yourself chatting with your passenger, Big Gulp between your legs, debating whether K-Fed really is as talented as Vanilla Ice.

And here are some fun facts: incredibly, the Bugatti has a bigger glove box than a few sedans I've known, including some from its parent company; the trunk was originally larger, but the engine demanded so much cooling that the holding area has shrunk to about the size of a duffle bag; the navigation system is on the rear-view mirror, semi-opaque directions appearing on the right side of the glass like a miniature Minority Report screen; you use a Bugatti Palm Pilot to enter your navigation details, then upload it to the car via Bluetooth; the car has a sport mode that keeps the engine at redline in every gear, and it's really, really loud, and really, really annoying for people inside and outside the car; and if you fill the tank, take off and drive full throttle, you'll run out of gas in 12 minutes. Twelve. That's 720 seconds. I've waited longer than that for a Big Mac at the drive through. And you'll only go 50 miles. Maybe.

Bugatti likes to stress how fast the car is, and how quickly the car brakes. Yet the story for me was that the Veyron is actually a usable supercar. And I don't mean usable like an SLR or Carrera GT or Enzo ? the first two I've driven, the last one I've ridden in, all of which I could drive every day, but I wouldn't. I kid you not, if you can drive a Porsche Turbo every day, you can drive a Veyron every day, the only caveat being it might take a day to get used to having your legs aimed slightly right. The ride is firm but plenty compliant. The mechanical whine is everpresent, but I hear vintage Tercels, Novas, and Civics every day that make more noise. The steering is utterly precise, but not twitchy. The controls respond rapidly to inputs, but you won't kill yourself as long as you pay attention. Perhaps that's why only one Veyron has been destroyed (that we know of), as opposed to how many other supercars?
If you read this attentively, you will notice that aside the little ridiculous things that C&D talked about, he pretty much says the same things. But he puts it in a proper perspective by comparing it to other supercars, and suddenly, the issue sounds a whole lot different.

Last edited:
The Viper's not really a good benchmark for comfortable supercars, though, especially one hopped-up by a tuner. What I don't like is how no one added the qualifier "for a car that can do 250 mph" when the Veyron first came out and people were making a point about how civilized it was.

The whole point of the Veyron is that it's in a class of its own. It's supposed to have the performance of a supercar with the everyday usability, comfort, and reliability of a normal car. If you have to make excuses for it on the latter points, then it becomes just another supercar: still amazing, but not necessarily the best.

The thing is this: I am perfectly fine if people choose other cars over the Veyron for whichever reason. I for myself am no big fan of automatics (even if it's a DSG), loads of weight and too many creature comforts. I do freak out however when people dump their logic and their good manners (this is not directed to you stevanford1) and go after something they dislike in total disregard of whatever one comes up with.

Keeping proper relations is what I find very important in such discussions, and resembling a list of how a supercar fails in real life is pretty weak if you ask me. C&D could come up with the same stuff for any other car, simply because there is no supercar that does it all. Still, everyone who has a relation to such cars should be able to put these things in perspective.

Coming back to the Veyron, what does that mean? Repeatedly, people have been saying that it is comfortable, easy to drive and quiet. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's as comfortable as a Rolls Royce, as easy to drive as a Golf and as quiet as a Maybach. And honestly, everybody who concludes that needs his head examined. Still, there's a surprising difference of what others say about this car, such as Autoblog:
If you read this attentively, you will notice that aside the little ridiculous things that C&D talked about, he pretty much says the same things. But he puts it in a proper perspective by comparing it to other supercars, and suddenly, the issue sounds a whole lot different.

Don't really think i could say anything bad about its usability as it seems that the Veyron is the most user friendly supercar. My point is that apart from usability and comfort there really isn't too many reasons why you would have a Veyron over a Koenigsegg.

Don't really think i could say anything bad about its usability as it seems that the Veyron is the most user friendly supercar. My point is that apart from usability and comfort there really isn't too many reasons why you would have a Veyron over a Koenigsegg.
Actually there is. I love drivers cars, but let's be honest: who needs more than 500 hp in a drivers car? It's about going round corners and over crests, about balance and crispness. There's no need for ultimate power. If you want power for ultimate straight line speed and acceleration, you better be sure that power won't throw you off the road, will be accessible and will be experienced impressively, yet in relative comfort. A Veyron does that, a Koenigsegg doesn't.

Last edited:
I didn't neg rep you but are you sure that whoever did was defending the car rather than making a point about how your post was only there to stir up Veyron fans?

As for the article, I'm not really sure about it, You would've thought that someone would have mentioned this already if it was real problem though.

I suppose. Thing is, I've explained why I don't like the veyron many times on this board and didn't feel like typing it all out again. If you call my car lame without any explanation at all, I won't neg-rep you. That's just an opinion which, in this case, has not been explained.

I know so many people who put thousands of Euros in their Golfs just to get it any faster but exactly as "uncomfortable" like described in that article.