Jeremy Clarkson Suspended Over Fracas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the show would be as good outside of the BBC there just isn't a better place for them to do it, the music licensing for one thing then theres advertisements which would ruin the pace of the show, break it up and make it shorter.

My first post in ages. Came to say that the BBC are complete fools for refusing to acknowledge that Clarkson's histrionics is the sole reason for the billion dollar success that is Top Gear. If the show is continued without Jeremy, ratings will plummet, as Jeremy will take all the casual viewers with him (which form the overwhelming bulk of total viewership). Top Gear will go the way of Fifth Gear.

It's an entertainment show. Without Clarkson, it simply cannot be called Top Gear, no matter how good Chris Harris may be.

Oisin Tymon should go into hiding.

Now Now, we shouldn't put a price on his head until we find out the outcome.

Leave the BBC
move to Dubai (I'm sure some rich guy will invite them over)
make a new show called Next Gear
become a massive success and gain even more traction than current TG
quit after 3 seasons

Oisin Tymon should go into hiding.
You really should have stayed away instead of posting such bullshit. A guy gets punched at work by someone who should have known better. And you think the guy who got punched should be lynched?

You, good sir, cross the line between fanboy and asshole.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
Hopefully the BBC heads will drag along this decision, wait for the global hysteria to calm down, and decide that Top Gear is too important to be cancelled over one quarrel. But this is the BBC we're talking about.

I'm probably one of the earliest fans of Top Gear residing outside the UK. I actually watched the very first episode back in 2002 by accident while I was vacuuming the living room, when I noticed a Zonda and Murcielago being flashed on my TV. It was the first episode of the first season being broadcast on BBC Canada just weeks after airing in the UK. But I didn't start watching it regularly until the third season when I began downloading HTTP links from what was the precursor to Final Gear. And then a year later, this forum was created.

It would be a great shame if this is truly the end of an era.

- - - Updated - - -

You really should have stayed away instead of posting such bullshit. A guy gets punched at work by someone who should have known better. And you think the guy who got punched should be lynched?

You, good sir, cross the line between fanboy and asshole.

LOL have you been watching Top Gear at all in your life? Who says I want him lynched? Tongue-in-cheek my German friend.

Last edited:
We know nothing for certain about the incident. But there is no need to call someone asshole, that?s what juvenile boys do.

My own guess is this:

1. The producer in question must work for Top Gear's production company, not the BBC itself. If he'd worked for the BBC you can bet the farm he would've reported the incident right away.
2. "Long day, no catering" must translate into "producer of segment actually forgot to arrange food for everyone when they were done." That plus the stress of the day would have made JC lose it.
3. The real question is whether JC went into a "put'em up" position. The fact that police haven't been called in suggests that everyone involved regarded the "fracas" as minor, but if JC actually connected with a punch that's grounds for an automatic suspension right there, popular presenter or no.
4. The length of the suspension becomes an issue. Remember when Hammond had his injury? Far more serious than this and TG was off the air during that time. If JC's suspension is for a year or less, then TGUK in current format can take that time off and, after the opening addresses the issue, come back.
5. If JC decides to leave permanently, then the BBC has a problem. The TG franchise can be kept going in the short term with DVD sales, downloads and other licensing, but it brings in too much revenue via BBC Worldwide to be ditched altogether. Thus, there would be a need for a replacement. (RH and JM would probably be able to continue on the show for at least the duration of their contracts.)
6. Purely on a temporary basis, Andy Wilman himself could help present the next series; he's always been a part of the production that went out in the field for their adventures and is most familiar with the format. (And don't forget that he himself used to be a Classic TG presenter.)
7. While there are plenty of potential replacements out there, the eventual one will necessarily have a different storytelling approach to JC, and the format will have to be adjusted accordingly. And nobody, at this stage, is qualified to say whether such a replacement can be a success. (Personally I like the idea of them porting TGUS episodes to fill the gap.)

Last edited:

Thank you everybody.......Goodnight.

Last edited:
IF JC gets sacked, the only person I can think of who would be a good replacement, is Chris Barry. He's witty, knows cars and is charismatic.

But for the love of Stig, keep JC. Throw a few corporate rocks at him, maybe even a fine and let that be the end of it.

On that bombshell....

Its sad to see Clarkson get suspended and the last 3 episodes air dates in limbo. I hope Top Gear does come back because there aren't any car shows like it.

Last edited:
Even in Holland, it's on every major news site. And the reactions are 99% supportive and 1% arses. :p

fok.nl even has a link to the Keep JC petition under every news item regarding this incident.:D

Petition has added over 60k signatures in the last couple of hours......... Up to 434k and counting.

That video when he jokes about the job centre, theres about 400 paparazzi... he should have smacked everyone of them.

Even in Holland, it's on every major news site. And the reactions are 99% supportive and 1% arses. :p

fok.nl even has a link to the Keep JC petition under every news item regarding this incident.:D

In Belgium it was on national Radio this morning, I will not be surprised if it's on the TV news tonight, fuck Ukraine, JC is in trouble :p

Withholding food from people is against the human rights. And we all know hungry animals can be dangerous. Especially animals in need of a lot of powerrrrrr.

I think it was self-defense.

IF JC gets sacked, the only person I can think of who would be a good replacement, is Chris Barry. He's witty, knows cars and is charismatic.

But for the love of Stig, keep JC. Throw a few corporate rocks at him, maybe even a fine and let that be the end of it.

who is that? google shows a different face on every pic :lol:

In the Czech Republic it is also covered by the most of mainstream media, some reporting just about suspension and alleged row, others describe that like a huge fight and immediate sacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.