Lens Flair

Earplugs are for pansies.
This from a guy who regularly shoots drag racing? Enjoy being deaf by 35 :|

If you can get press access, you might be even allowed at the start, just dont forget earplugs
I've already discussed that with the car club that's putting on the event. Like last year, I'll be able run around just about anywhere I want. And, I've always got a set of Hearos HiFi plugs in my bag :thumbup:

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2010/08/13/CRW_8507e.jpg

Alok, you're getting me all pumped up for the drag race event I'll be shooting next weekend :thumbsup:

Damn you guys have cool things to shoot...

Damn you guys have cool things to shoot...

Are you still in Germany?

This SL Black MKB has either 1200 or 1300 horsepower. I couldn't hear the owner's friend properly because it was so damn loud, all I heard was "...one thousand VROOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! hundred horsepower at the wheels"
40110_426795743710_319760378710_4712089_8161086_n.jpg

This thread needs more furry and soft things. Here's one of our cats from 2008, I went through and edited some older photos.

full

This was a lucky capture as this old lady walked by. I was gonna take a pic of the graffiti on its own, but when she appeared in the frame, I snapped... Keep in mind, this was in Honfleur, France

Me said:

Someone PM'd me for shooting info on this one, so I'll post it here, for everyone...

D90 @ 30 seconds, ISO 3200, high-ISO NR on "normal", long-exposure NR on.
18-55 @ 18mm, f/3.5

You need to be some place very dark for this to work. I live in a rural shtick in the prairies, so I only needed to drive 5 minutes out of town. The nearest large city (~0.6 million population) was 60 miles away.

As far as whether you'll be able to shoot it where you live... I have no idea. I live about half-way up the northern hemisphere, if that helps. Go someplace seriously dark, close your eyes for 10 minutes, then look around the sky. If the milky way is visible, you'll see it with the naked eye.

Last edited:
You need to be some place very dark for this to work. I live in a rural shtick in the prairies, so I only needed to drive 5 minutes out of town. The nearest large city (~0.6 million population) was 60 miles away.
I took some star photos last night, they didn't turn out perfectly as it was a bit cloudy. I couldn't really wait for a clear night because it was one of the very few days I spend outside a city every year. Anyway...

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/hb/hbriz/2010/08/15/DSC_3761s.jpg