Lens Flair

Here's some formula 2 power boat racing

3676891510_726102fca8_o.jpg

The chain of circles of confusion in middle and right middle is from twisty wooden legs on a plant holder, I don't know what's up with the top right.

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/07/01/IMG_0210_000.jpg

Last edited:
More farmyard equipment :p

2450shw.jpg

Another smash up the road - car vs bike. No serious injuries, but the number of accidents down here soon warrants a webcam me thinks...

RTC09.jpg

Went for a mountain hike this weekend.

DSC_6770.jpg

Fimmv?r?uh?ls - 24km walk from Sk?gar to ??rsm?rk.

Reactions: 47
Lol, great, although I'd have moved a bit to the left so each vertical part of the stalk was equally spaced from the centre.

Mount Hua? As in Hua Shan in Shaanxi? I was born in that area, and my parents used to tell me all these crazy stories about how they used to trek up that mountain in the dark with their friends and how they knew people that fell to their deaths because the paths up the mountain were so shoddy and dangerous. When I head back there this August, I'm definitely making a trip to Hua Shan.

Yeah, that same mountain. I've heard a lot of stories too, when I visited I just took the cable car up and joined the massive line of tourists walking up the stairs. But apparently the South face is still shakey and dangerous and exciting, which is why I want to make another trip there. I'd love to climb up there in the night to catch the sunrise over the West side...but they built a hotel up there, so maybe I'd just do that instead. :cool:

Also, the rock (the entire mountain is one huge freakin' rock) is slippery and covered in sand and the guardrails only go up to your waist, so it's still pretty easy to slip and fall to your death. Fun!

Not really happy because of the reflections (finally ordered a 77mm polarizer [B+W Kaesemann]) but I still think it came out alright...

IMG_0276_filtered.jpg

^ Shame the car itself was dirty... what car was the livery on anyway?

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2009/07/02/harbourtiltshift.jpg

I initially did one where all four rows of boats was sharp, but since the boats take up most of the picture having them all in focus would mean the tilt-shift would be almost unnoticeable.

Do you guys think it works this way, with only the middle row of boats in focus?

^it's on a GT40 that had just been on the track in Oklahoma, so bugs and rubber were unavoidable.

Uploading more from the carnival. This is one of my favorites, because I think it's both fun and creepy. It even fits under the forums size limitations (so no external links today.)

2544182224_f5c9c69b7f_o.jpg

Shawn, I think it works in terms of focus, but the b&w is not working for me. It looks almost like it does not go with that subject. If it's true b&w (like film) is there anyway you can tone it? Maybe it's just me, and I'm being a bit cliche today, but, I'm sorry, I can't help but look at that and think it would make a nice cyanotype.