Lens Flair

DSC_0045EDIT.jpg

^that's spledind!

oh shi- Grand Canyon photos are usually boring ("hey, look! It's the Grand Canyon!") but that is just... whoah. Also proof that sunny days are overrated.

+rep for awesome shot and having it in full res. Desktop material, ho!

Last edited:
Ansel Adams modified exposure by hand, not just by bumping the clarity slider. :p

Ansel Adams modified exposure by hand, not just by bumping the clarity slider. :p

I don't think one is better than the other. They are both means to achieve a certain feel within the picture. All roads lead to Rome. Having said that, tremendous respect for Ansel Adams and his pictures.

Black and white photos really bring out the contrast fakery (no insult intended). If you want to make the clouds pop more, try turning the luminance of the blue channel when turning the photo black and white (which means using the black and white tool, not just desaturating).

Forgot to post some of these from last weekend, trying out my new macro flash kit :D
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2009/07/16/DSC_8179.jpg

Black and white photos really bring out the contrast fakery (no insult intended). If you want to make the clouds pop more, try turning the luminance of the blue channel when turning the photo black and white (which means using the black and white tool, not just desaturating).

I think I do need to spend some more time to bring out the clouds a bit more, it looks a bit washed out comparably. Thanks.:)

I think I do need to spend some more time to bring out the clouds a bit more, it looks a bit washed out comparably. Thanks.:)

I think that Ice's comment was directed at me... not that it really matters lol. I'll try to fix mine later

dude, what thell?* the hell? The original with the bright sky is way better than the obvious fake darkened sky. Come on, the landscape lightens into the distance but somehow the sky is black? It lacks the punch of the original. I just put the edit on top of the first version, it looks good up to about 30% opacity (as in dark sky version at 30% opacity, first version underneath at 100%) but looks best, IMO, at 20%. Just because photoshop allows you to do something, it doesn't mean you should.

*kept that typo because I thought it was funny

Last edited: