Need help choosing headphones

mojo_786 said:
bobo_1314, what do you mean tigerdirect.ca isnt the best place to buy things? Because of the merchandise or security issues?

According to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) report on TigerDirect, there were 66 complaints in the past 3 years. They're known to have inaccurate prices on their products, bad service, and credit card security issues (this applies to online purchasing, not sure about their retail premises). Just these three things alone, it sounds TigerDirect is not the best place to shop.......but I'm going there to check out the headphones today anyway, the deal sounds too sweet!! :oops:

Couple things you should not do: Bose are ripoffs, don't buy them unless active noise cancelling is the only thing you desire. Next assess what kind of environment you are using. If you are using the headphones outside, consider closed cans, otherwise open are just better.

I would highly suggest the grado sr60-80 lineup but canadians tend to get the worst deals when it comes to purchasing anything grado. Grado refuses to ship to other countries. Instead get a pair of alessandro ms 1's. They are grados except more refined and they will ship to Canada free of charge. In terms of the grado numbering, they are between the sr80 and sr125.

The last problem with grados is that they are open so if you use them on the TTC, they won't sound too good. My cheapo rca's sound better because they are closed. Once you get to a quieter environment, grados/ms 1's really do shine and sound fantastic. Mids and highs are extremely detailed and the bass is quick and has good punch. Compared to bose triports, with their muffled sound and muddy bass, there is no comparison.

I high suggest you visit www.headfi.org and to see more opinions.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I greatly appreciate it. I finally had time to head down to Bay Bloor Radio and tried on a few headphones. At the end I got the Technics DH1200's - amazing sound, and fits my head and ears perfectly!! Sennheisers are good, but the cans don't seal my ears too well, which even feels a bit uncomfortable. The Grado's has the best sound, but they're open cans, and even inside the radio shop I can hear the background noises. So I guess I (hopefully) made a sound decision!! Once again, thank you so much for the advice guys!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Uh, does anyone know any good gameing headphones? Like the ones that cup around your head? I have a normal logitech ones, but college i dont' think people really want my speakers to blast music all the time...