Okay fine, what's a good cheap RWD car then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention F-bodies have an image problem that they just can't seem to overcome.

pics_motivational-stereotypes-based-on-reality.jpg

Last edited:
You do an alternator how often? So if 15 minutes possibly once makes or breaks a car, we'll you are just damn lazy. :lol:

I give up, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You are making things sound 100x more difficult than anything I've experienced (read: done with my own hands). The more Viper-like car would be the F-body, as well as a better learner car for someone making a bigger jump next.

T-tops haven't leaked since '92 btw. :lol:

Not a big fan of Camaros. I'd rather get a Mustang.

That said, I'm kinda "meh" at the 4.5 gen ones, but at least they're better than the 4.0 gen. I much prefer the latest revision of the 5th gen though:

800px-2011_Ford_Mustang_v6_Coupe.jpg

But of course that's gonna depreciate a lot, etc. so not a good route to go.

Time to find a "New Edge" 4.5 I guess. :)

02GT_wiki.jpg

Last edited:
I can handle the retarded stereotypes when my rearview is full of Ford. Only need 2 wheels to beat a Ford. :lol:

Only need one wheel to beat a Chebby.

So what's your point? (Psst, I'm a biker that plays with cars. Not a car guy that plays with bikes. 'Fast' is relative. And almost all cars are slow.)

Last edited:
Not a big fan of Camaros. I'd rather get a Mustang.

Time to find a "New Edge" 4.5 I guess. :)

02GT_wiki.jpg

So much for 'no replacement for displacement' huh viper :p

You should look at Firebirds then, if the camaro ain't your thing. You may be confused for wearing checked shirts and having a mullet in one, but at least you would not be confused for a hairdresser, like you would in the stang :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Stick a Porsche flat 6 in the back of one of these babies and you'll have a tail-happy trainer in no time.

vw-beetle-wallpaper_0011.jpg

Seriously even as a fully paid up member of the Miata Mafia I have to agree on the evidence presented that a Mustang has to be the way to go. No image issues as far as I can tell, plentiful enough not to get stuck buying a lemon and easy enough to increase the power etc gradually to build up to the Viper dream without having a dangerously steep learning curve.

Stick a Porsche flat 6 in the back of one of these babies and you'll have a tail-happy trainer in no time.

vw-beetle-wallpaper_0011.jpg

Seriously even as a fully paid up member of the Miata Mafia I have to agree on the evidence presented that a Mustang has to be the way to go. No image issues as far as I can tell, plentiful enough not to get stuck buying a lemon and easy enough to increase the power etc gradually to build up to the Viper dream without having a dangerously steep learning curve.

That statue with the bat is pretty close to the pose you'd see me in if I came across that car.

Or in other words "What's wrong with this pitcher?"

:D

I was wondering how long it would take Spectre to start talking about bikes :lol: I guess if you're willing to buy a sports/muscle/pony car that's significantly slower than the competition just because you can't be bothered to spend an extra $15 when changing spark plugs, more (well, less actually) power to you!

For the record I own an Fbody and not all Fbody owners are assholes and or hicks. Like the Mustang they are cheap reliable V8 power. And they both could have their owners stereotyped. It's up to you whether you want to judge just based on the vehicle they drive.

However, the SN95 Mustang has a better interior vs the Fbody and the better rear suspension choice.

I was wondering how long it would take Spectre to start talking about bikes :lol: I guess if you're willing to buy a sports/muscle/pony car that's significantly slower than the competition just because you can't be bothered to spend an extra $15 when changing spark plugs, more (well, less actually) power to you!

$15 won't cover the labor cost difference, and it gets worse from there, as demonstrated above.

And if he wants to post wheelie-ing drag monsters, I can post the same thing, only faster and a tiny fraction of the price.

Only need one wheel to beat a Chebby.

So what's your point? (Psst, I'm a biker that plays with cars. Not a car guy that plays with bikes. 'Fast' is relative. And almost all cars are slow.)

**inserts bike vs plane/space shuttle video here**

I just love that video, so I whore it out whenever I can. :lol:

As a huge GM/Camaro/LSX enthusiast...I really like the S197 stangs. Driven a bunch, from the ones you posted, to a '10 to a 5.0. I think the F-body interior was 10x better than the New Edge interior, especially shifter placement. In the S197, they got the shifter right, and the interior is good enough for me. If I had a very short commute so I didn't care about gas mileage, I might have an S197. This is me having a little fun in a Bullitt, I'd haev one almost exactly like this...except the 5oh is very tempting.

I deleted your post once already for a reason. Please stop derailing my threads with unhelpful posts.

I'd love a 5th gen, but if I bought any of those, I'd likely lose quite a bit of money. Maybe it'd be worth it anyway though...

Last edited:
I'd love a 5th gen, but if I bought any of those, I'd likely lose quite a bit of money. Maybe it'd be worth it anyway though...

You wouldn't lose much at all. Mustang GTs have a high resale value. The New Edges you are looking at are going for ~8k and up. These will be around $15k for a couple more years at least.

You wouldn't lose much at all. Mustang GTs have a high resale value. The New Edges you are looking at are going for ~8k and up. These will be around $15k for a couple more years at least.

Hmm, well then yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.