Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Hmm, seems that I got my groove on. Here's more from the past few months.

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

Sapporo \o/

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :jeremy:

Bin the wheels.

Original wheels would be better, but maybe there's a reason they have been changed. They don't look that bad, though.

.. and you learn sonething new every day:

Wiki said:
All the Lotus factory cars were painted white with a green stripe (although Ford built some for racing in red, and one customer had a dark blue stripe due to being superstitious about green). The cars also received front quarter bumpers and round Lotus badges were fitted to rear wings and to the right side of the radiator panel (from the driver's position).

So probably an original, but I thought it was a GT with Lotus badges & bumpers added at first glance. White with green flash are rare enough to be seen in the wild.

:smile:

Red Lotus Cortinas are very rare, and were painted straight red, as can be seen in the works rally cars of the time. Ford also passed these cars in red onto independent teams including... Alan Mann racing, who suited his cars in a red and gold scheme, and there are many, many replicas in this colour scheme. It's a popular choice for Cortinas in general!
mtrsptshist_1391.jpg

I'm not certain that's a genuine Lotus anyhow, looks to be a replica to my untrained eye. Either that or someone went to the effort of drilling a nice clean Lotus for all that awful Super chrome trim! (Including, depending on the age, the very rare alu doors).

Last edited:
Bit of a WTF moment. I've driven past this thing a number of times and thought something looked different about it. Then I thought, "that's not the normal grille on Holden Barinas..." So I stopped for a closer look.

Someone actually bothered to import a Vauxhall Corsa, a car already sold here in huge numbers under a different name. It even has the Vauxhall dealer sticker on the back window. I guess that's pretty cool in an oddball kind of way, but I'm just left wondering why?

Yep. Pretty huge effort to change the steering wheel badge too, not to mention the trouble to import some Vauxhall plastic wheel covers and so on.

Besides, as you can see, it's for sale. In the local classifieds:

Barinas never got the 1.0-litre.

Reactions: lip
Sorry for double post.

Anyone an idea what that is?

No, not the E-class.

one of the only cars where you sit with 3 side to side...

Matra_Murena_3_seats.jpg

can't imagine that being comfortable though

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Convertible

BMW E28

Some old fire engine

VW T1

Mercedes W187 Cabrio (depending on version A or B just 1278 or 997 built)