Preview: 2010 Volvo S60 sedan

Actually, it looks quite good to me. :)

Hope it drives as good as it looks. The styling is impressive. Classy and understated without being dull--the sort of aesthetic balance that Audis had before they got into glamrock eyeliner and all.

Looks good to me too. Good work ovlov!

Not bad at all. I can't wait to see how the R will look. I just hope they update the 2.5 Turbo....300hp is not enough these days. We need at least 350hp from this. How about turbocharging the 3.2 Straight Six?

^There is already a turbo version of the straight 6. It produces 285hp...

btw: will there even be a R-version?

Last edited:
^There is already a turbo version of the straight 6. It produces 285hp...

btw: will there even be a R-version?

I'm predicting an "R-Design" with an unimproved drivetrain, a mildly-tweaked suspension, revised bodywork, and two-tone seats... :rolleyes:

There probably won't be a R-version, but the 305hp version of the t6 engine should be possible.. That coupled with Polestar performance kit should give it around 340-350hp..

Last edited:
Video where the caps are taken from
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx6kf6lqMHI[/YOUTUBE]

There probably won't be a R-version, but the 305hp version of the t6 engine should be possible.. That coupled with Polestar performance kit should give it around 340-350hp..

The new T6 coming out for 2011 in the US will be a 300 hp mill in US spec trim. It will be the launch engine for the new S60 in the US. If Volvo can make the new S60 drive like a lighter more nimble XC60 then they will have a serious hit on their hands. The XC60 has a good balance of sporty and comfort. Not nearly as numb, couch like cushy as thr RX350 but not bobble head inducing kidney punishing hard like thre Q5 or thr X3.

Sure I have had people choose thr Q5 or X3 over the XC60 because they liked thr harder sporty ride but I haven't had many just a couple. Thr people I have had go with a RX went with admitiing it drives poorly compared
to the XC60 and that thr seats aren't nearly as good either. They went with thr RX because it was cheaper, Lexus still has stupid cheap lease deals, or because they thought the RX would be more reliable.

Me like! New swooshy lights!

From the Volvo Cars North America Press release:

"We have focused on quality and attention to detail in order to give these dynamic models a major boost and sharpen their competitiveness," says Lex Kerssemakers, Senior Vice President, Product Strategy & Vehicle Line Management at Volvo Car Group. He continues: "The S60 and XC60 are our best-selling models in several important markets. We have been listening very carefully to our customers in order to make improvements that ensure that we make these successful cars more attractive."

Really? Have you been listening to all the reviews and all the older Volvo customers who demand a manual gearbox? No. You've listened to those who you got suckered into buying a new S60 in the first place - why would they upgrade their 2012 cars to 2013 ones though? No one is that daft. And with all these minor "improvements" you are not really expanding the market, or making the S60 more desirable.

I agree. But they haven't revealed the new R-Design yet. That might be better.

If I lived in Europe. And if I could afford a brand new car. I would definitely be looking at one of these:

Schermafbeelding2012-05-24om170247.png

With the D5 (215hp), 6 speed manual, the "sports tuned chasis," and lowering H&R springs.

Really? Have you been listening to all the reviews and all the older Volvo customers who demand a manual gearbox? No. You've listened to those who you got suckered into buying a new S60 in the first place - why would they upgrade their 2012 cars to 2013 ones though? No one is that daft. And with all these minor "improvements" you are not really expanding the market, or making the S60 more desirable.

They forgot the manual gearboxes... and also to bring the V40 and V60 in America... but there is some good news for Canada, Volvo Cars takes the control of the importer (previously controled by Volvo USA). The V60 should be in Canada before the end of the year and the V40 before the end of 2014. We are just waiting for an official announcement.

That's just it - they're listening to people who actually gave them money in the last ten years. Not some people who don't even bother shopping at the dealer for parts. The people shelling out money for the SwedishBeigeBoxen these days don't want wagons, they don't want manuals, they don't want hypersports models - they don't even want to be bothered to drive attentively.

Money talks. These people give Volvo lots and lots of money in sales, so that tells Volvo that they're on the right track. (As opposed to, say, Jaguar, where the 'new' people they went after aren't giving them money, they've pissed off the 'old' customer base and they're too arrogant to back off their failed initiative.) You want Volvo to pay attention to you? Give them money - in parts sales, if nothing else.

Last edited:
482175_10151351193667083_1405643953_n.jpg

164477_10151351193657083_198773404_n.jpg

It's not bad looking, they just need to get rid of the monster truck suspension.