Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

I also believe that Vik has been mentioned, or his comments read, a couple of times, right?

Just learned that one of my friends, with witch I was supposed to do an endurance race at Mosport next month, crashed yesterday in practice at that same track, with the throttle of his GSX-R600 stuck open at the end of the straight, going roughly 265km/h.

Shattered his left femur, and should undergo surgery today :(

Wow... reminds me of why I dont ride bikes. Lets hope everything goes well.

Also am I the only one who can't make any sense of this thing that's everywhere now, Speedway? Just some very ugly bikes going around in circles powersliding all the way... I was watching it the other day and laughed at the commentator trying to sound enthusiastic about the bikes reaching 150 km/h...
I guess bikes arent my thing.

That's really sad to hear. I can't even imagine the fear of being on a gixxer that's completely out of control. Hopefully the surgery will go successfully and he can get back to riding.

Ouch. Hope he mends well.

My day at the track was kinda bad results wise. Just a really off day. Nearly crashed on the pace laps... finished 6th by moving up one spot. Kinda hurts because the whole reason for being there was to put something nice on my resume for Skip Barber. I've only had 1 good race this year. I'm going to be riding on my performance from 2009 to get into that shootout.

Last edited:
The surgery went well apparently, but he will be out of action for a long time.

Was racing this weekend, and saw another one of my friends crash ahead of me while he was leading the race on the first lap.

A small low-side, that should have resulted in minimal damage, but the bike hit the rumble-stips and the grass, and started flipping up in the air, probably 8 feet high. Bounced once in the grass right next to my fallen friend (that was scary), and a second time on the track, nearly missing two other riders (one of them another one of my good friends).

At least nobody got hurt in that one.

Last edited:
Video of the crash of my other friend (not the one who broke his femur):

I am 5th in that race.

You motorcycle guys are crazy. That looked pretty painful.

It actually wasn't. The guy was on his feet right away, and he really didn't hurt himself. But luck must have played a part in this, another guy broke 6 ribs (and perforated a lung) on Saturday, and a girl got pretty banged up in another crash also on Saturday.

You motorcycle guys are crazy. That looked pretty painful.

there are 2 types of motorcycle guys...those who died in a crash, and those who still have to die in a crash...

a basejumper also knows in advance one day his chute will fail and he'll be dead, so do these guys

no compassion!

there are 2 types of motorcycle guys...those who died in a crash, and those who still have to die in a crash...

a basejumper also knows in advance one day his chute will fail and he'll be dead, so do these guys

no compassion!

That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've heard about motorcycle riding ever. I am not even mad that somebody can thing something as moronic as that, just disappointed that my already low opinion about how stupid, inconsiderate and self-centered some idiots are was actually not low enough. Congratulation, you just lowered the bar.

And how does that prove that all motorcycle riders will die in crashes?

This coming from a guy with a quadbike. Dont worry Ketchup, there are no people less considerate than these guys with those loud, slow things going up and down small cities disturbing everybody's peace. They're real life trolls, and why would they be any different in a forum?

Motorcycle races have the most spectacular crashes and the least injuries. The guys are so protected, they skip along the surface and suffer only a couple bruises. But saying they deserve no compassion when they crash, you are such an *bleep*.

to be clear, i drive a banshee, same engine as the RD (without the ypvs)

i hate those 4 stroke quads as much as you do!

Last edited:
Yeah nothing like a 2 stroke bike going down my road, and at half a kilometer away, I still can't hear my own TV...

Sure did.

I love those central european rallies with GT cars in them. I wish that style of rallying would get more popular because it's really spectacular stuff to see those RWD sportscars tackling narrow roads. And the noise...