Random Thoughts....

40kmh? How can you even drive that slow? We have stupid low highway speeds (yeah, 100kmh / 62.5mph on perfectly straight roads makes a loooot of sense), but other than school zones the speed limit is never under 50kmh (31mph).

Around here the speed limit in the school zones is 20mph, and if you bust it you get slapped with quadruple the normal fine.

hilarious spam is hilarious...

I just got one that said "you can be a mom AND a career woman at the same time. Get a degree now via www.fakedegreesrus.com.net.org"

Didn't quite beat the lulz I had after being offered a breast augmentation to "boost my confidence" though...

My parents have been away for the week, meanwhile I cleaned up the house in a major way. They got back an hour ago and I've been told twice by them that they're scared to do anything (especially in the bathroom) because of how nice the house is. :lol:

It's so much more relaxing in the house without a bunch of crap and grime everywhere.

is brydiem still alive?

Sure am, I am just lurking a bit more than usual at the moment- my computer has been commandeered by my sister for exam study :(. I am currently posting from my iPhone, which is why I haven't posted pics of the dust storm or anything else that requires a lot of typing.

Bit of an update on my cat- he's asleep on the bed next to me, alternating between snoring and dreaming (ie twitching). He's ok, bit tired and all, but he gets to be an indoor cat for a few days, so he's happy. He basically has FLUTD, and struvite crystals in his urine. So new diet regime is in order... Parents are not happy :lol:
aaaaaand he just woke up and gave me a big hug (literally stretched his arms over me). I love my kitty <3

EDIT: post 600, cool!!!! :D

Anytime they leave for any period of time I'm just told "Don't get into trouble."

The cleaning thing though I think is a mild form of OCD. I'll go sit down to relax and there'll be a big pile of newspapers that need straightened up before I can sit, that leads to the mail, magazines and in general just clearing off all the seating. Earlier I was washing dishes, when finished I went to clean the cutting board, picked that up and there were crumbs under it, so I ended up cleaning off the entire countertop, in the process I brushed some crap off onto the floor, which I then completely swept and cleaned, in the process cleaning off a storage shelf sitting on the floor. When I went to put some cleaning sprays from the shelf under the sink there wasn't room so I cleaned out under there too. It's a bit annoying, but when I finish it's nice to relax.

Sure am, I am just lurking a bit more than usual at the moment- my computer has been commandeered by my sister for exam study :(. I am currently posting from my iPhone, which is why I haven't posted pics of the dust storm or anything else that requires a lot of typing.

Bit of an update on my cat- he's asleep on the bed next to me, alternating between snoring and dreaming (ie twitching). He's ok, bit tired and all, but he gets to be an indoor cat for a few days, so he's happy. He basically has FLUTD, and struvite crystals in his urine. So new diet regime is in order... Parents are not happy :lol:
aaaaaand he just woke up and gave me a big hug (literally stretched his arms over me). I love my kitty <3

EDIT: post 600, cool!!!! :D

Awe, poor kitty. FLUTD is awful.

yesterday I got this thing that I ordered (thank you guys for posting that site here) and I cannot stop playing pirated pokeymans. HELP TAKE THE GAME BOY AWAY.

*plays more*

Well, FedEx has screwed me over the the first time. I've shipped over 10,000 packages with UPS over the last 8 years and I know what to expect. I've never had a problem with FedEx, though.

Friday, I get a door tag on my door saying both that they left the package, and that they can't leave it without a signature.

I wouldn't have expected them to deliver it on the weekend, so I put the door tag on the door for Monday. No delivery. Today, no delivery, so I run the tracking number.

It says they delivered it Saturday.

I was home all day Saturday.

They didn't deliver shit.

Tracking information says they left it at my front door, which is bullshit because I'm on the 2nd floor, and I can hear anyone coming along the walkway from 40ft away, and nobody came all day.

They also say that they attempt 3 deliveries and then hold it at the hub...so what was with them dropping it off on the 2nd day?

Oh, but I shouldn't worry. I've got a "case number" now, so...yeah. Everything should be right as rain as soon as their inquiry finds...what, exactly? That their delivery guy says he delivered it?

And what pisses me off more than anything is that it wasn't even anything cool for him/her to take! It was 120mm fan filters. That's it!

Okay, so I get a call from FedEx with a follow-up on my case. I was in the bathroom, and they left a message saying that the package was delivered this morning.

I check outside. No it wasn't.

I call back, and they say they'll call me back.

They call back and tell me that they delivered it to the leasing office.

We don't have a leasing office.

They called me again, telling me that it's out for delivery. Sure...not 10 minutes before I was ready to go head out the door to get some food...now I don't feel like I can depend on them to leave it. I want to be there to receive it.

And again...all this for some freakin' case fan filters! :mad::lol::mad::lol::mad:

edit: so there's a "mad" smiley and a "lol" smiley...where's the "mad lol" smiley?

sarcasm.gif
^ there you go

Awe, poor kitty. FLUTD is awful.

we caught it pretty early and got him to the vet asap, so he's pretty lucky. Good thing it was a Wednesday, otherwise I would have been at school nearly all day! :(
I knew something was really wrong when he started hissing at me. I knew then he was sick and not just scared of the red skies because even when he is scared, he is still friendly around me. I guess he knew the only way to alert us was to be mean, so I forgave him :lol:

only problem is, he is on a special diet now (as I mentioned) and can't eat any other food. However, he is an outdoors cat, and we know he eats other cats food. Therefore I'm thinking of making him a permanent indoors cat (which I have wanted to do for a while now due to the fact he is getting older), but it is problematic as all of my family is out of the house most of the day and he is mischevious, especially when left unsupervised. Although after next week I will not be at school every day, so that makes it a bit easier :)

Anytime they leave for any period of time I'm just told "Don't get into trouble."

The cleaning thing though I think is a mild form of OCD. I'll go sit down to relax and there'll be a big pile of newspapers that need straightened up before I can sit, that leads to the mail, magazines and in general just clearing off all the seating. Earlier I was washing dishes, when finished I went to clean the cutting board, picked that up and there were crumbs under it, so I ended up cleaning off the entire countertop, in the process I brushed some crap off onto the floor, which I then completely swept and cleaned, in the process cleaning off a storage shelf sitting on the floor. When I went to put some cleaning sprays from the shelf under the sink there wasn't room so I cleaned out under there too. It's a bit annoying, but when I finish it's nice to relax.

So are you anywhere near .dk any time soon :p

So are you anywhere near .dk any time soon :p

If I were given the opportunity to tour B&O facilities it wouldn't be out of the question. :shifty:

we caught it pretty early and got him to the vet asap, so he's pretty lucky. Good thing it was a Wednesday, otherwise I would have been at school nearly all day! :(
I knew something was really wrong when he started hissing at me. I knew then he was sick and not just scared of the red skies because even when he is scared, he is still friendly around me. I guess he knew the only way to alert us was to be mean, so I forgave him :lol:

only problem is, he is on a special diet now (as I mentioned) and can't eat any other food. However, he is an outdoors cat, and we know he eats other cats food. Therefore I'm thinking of making him a permanent indoors cat (which I have wanted to do for a while now due to the fact he is getting older), but it is problematic as all of my family is out of the house most of the day and he is mischevious, especially when left unsupervised. Although after next week I will not be at school every day, so that makes it a bit easier :)

If there's any way at all to keep him indoors only, that will make a huge difference in his recovery. FLUTD is a life-long diagnosis and if he eats only the special veterinary diet it can be managed. I've heard really, really wonderful things about cats doing well on the special food. If he goes around eating the cheap crap other people buy, he WILL relapse. If he gets a urinary blockage it's just absolutely awful. You'll also be able to keep a closer eye on his potty habits and continue to catch any problems early.

There are some things you can do to help him not get in so much trouble in the house, getting (or building) a really good, tall, sturdy scratching post, trimming his nails, keeping things put away that he might break, etc. I had to start keeping ALL food in my pantry after my cat ate some chocolate covered orange/coconut balls last Christmas. WHY did he eat them? I have no idea! But the stress it caused was so much more than putting a loaf of bread and a bowl of bananas behind a door. Bah. If cats weren't so wonderful, they'd sure be a lot of trouble wouldn't they?

I'm glad you caught it early and he's doing well. Lucky kitty.

I'm really wanting to plan an adventure. I want to do this deal to get the X-Terra and I just want to load it up and drive north to Alaska or something.

STEELY DAN IS COMING TO MASSEY HAAAALLLLLLLLL OHMYYGAWWWWWWWWWWWDOHMYGODOHDMDYDGDODMGODOOGFAODMGAHSAJSJAJJJSJDJEHOVAWITNESS

I'm wondering if my current firearms will be sufficient to stop a bear if I end up driving to Alaska. I'm not sure I want to take the Henry, which leaves me with a shotgun.

I suppose I could get a rifled barrel and fire slugs.