Random Thoughts....

Last week I started selling off my guitars to buy one really good guitar, something that I can use for the next 30-40 years:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/2508766341.html
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/2508765677.html

Those are the remaining two out of five. I am amazed that I sold three in one week; a 1990's Hamer, a crappy Fernandes and a Dean Avalanche. I am going to take the money and use it towards a good guitar as mentioned.
I want something in the 500-1000 dollar range, so I went to guitar center and told a salesman as much. He handed me Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson SG's, Ibanez Artcores, Paul Reed Smith SE single and dual cutaways..my impressions of them:

Les Pauls: too heavy, too clunky, too uncomfortable.
Gibson SG: playing postion too far forward.
Ibanez AS93: too uncomfortable,
sound a bit muddy.
PRS SE24: I do not know what the hype is, it is okay to play.
Fender Telecaster: Ugh, please stab me in the eye. Weighs 2 million pounds and has a stupid sound.

And I tell the salesman all of this, too. He stands for a moment thinking, and comes back with a used, but mint guitar. A Fender Standard Stratocaster American. The first thing I play is the first few notes of Jimi Hendrix's "Red House," that eerie jangly noise, dig?
You know that scene in the first Harry Potter movie, where he is trying out all those wands, and when handed the perfect one there is all of this magical whooshing and the look of epiphany? THAT is what happened. It felt like I had been playing that guitar for 23 years.
That is why I have will never buy a guitar sight unseen. I do not care what others think of it, it has to feel good to me.

I am selling off a bunch of firearms, because I had to get a new well and want an ElCamino. The new well is in by the way, smells like rotten eggs. :( They are coming back Monday to try and correct this.

On drugs? Not at all. On endorphins? Quite a lot, as it just occurred to me in the middle of my fairly intense bicycle ride.

What is this I don't even

The effect is very similar to smoking a joint. Recent research points to endorphins produced by the body and cannaboids being nearly identical in structure.

Last week I started selling off my guitars to buy one really good guitar, something that I can use for the next 30-40 years:
*snip*

We all know you really wanted one of these:
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/ka/karoug/2011/07/23/DeanDimebagDarrellRazorbackElectricGuitar.jpg

My friend was browsing the 'deep web' earlier on and found a whole stash of really scary stuff. I feel like I just watched a horror movie and can't get it out of my head. Jesus the internet is scary. I think I'll just stay on the surface.

So normally my neighborhood and surroundings is a very quiet and peaceful kind of place.
And then last night someone dumped a body not very far away.

On unrelated news, I'm about to start a 10 hour revision marathon to prepare myself for the next two weeks of finals

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/2508766341.html
http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/msg/2508765677.html

Those are the remaining two out of five. I am amazed that I sold three in one week; a 1990's Hamer, a crappy Fernandes and a Dean Avalanche. I am going to take the money and use it towards a good guitar as mentioned.
I want something in the 500-1000 dollar range, so I went to guitar center and told a salesman as much. He handed me Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson SG's, Ibanez Artcores, Paul Reed Smith SE single and dual cutaways..my impressions of them:

Les Pauls: too heavy, too clunky, too uncomfortable.
Gibson SG: playing postion too far forward.
Ibanez AS93: too uncomfortable,
sound a bit muddy.
PRS SE24: I do not know what the hype is, it is okay to play.
Fender Telecaster: Ugh, please stab me in the eye. Weighs 2 million pounds and has a stupid sound.

And I tell the salesman all of this, too. He stands for a moment thinking, and comes back with a used, but mint guitar. A Fender Standard Stratocaster American. The first thing I play is the first few notes of Jimi Hendrix's "Red House," that eerie jangly noise, dig?
You know that scene in the first Harry Potter movie, where he is trying out all those wands, and when handed the perfect one there is all of this magical whooshing and the look of epiphany? THAT is what happened. It felt like I had been playing that guitar for 23 years.
That is why I have will never buy a guitar sight unseen. I do not care what others think of it, it has to feel good to me.

:thumbsup: for guitars.
Choosing one is really hard, and I sadly never found "the one".

So normally my neighborhood and surroundings is a very quiet and peaceful kind of place.
And then last night someone dumped a body not very far away.

On unrelated news, I'm about to start a 10 hour revision marathon to prepare myself for the next two weeks of finals

Well it's not as if a body is going to start making a commotion to disturb you now is it?

Was the body accidentally unearthed from a shallow grave by construction workers?

No, he was accidentally brutally shot 3 times in the chest, 1 shot in the head, then tossed out of an SUV. At least that's the version police are handling now. The press is rather too busy watching the president run the country into the ground.

Well it's not as if a body is going to start making a commotion to disturb you now is it?

Yzma: Well, he ain't getting any deader! Back to work.

Last edited:
Because of Parkinsons!

Just read that sky news are reporting that Amy Winehouse was found dead in her house in London, dunno if it's true, but not surprised if it is considering her lifestyle, RIP :sleep:

Edit: Link

Last edited:
She was a worthless piece of trash, compared to the 92 dead in Norway.

Who cares about her right now.

Sorry, Merete, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
You fool! Never ignore a potential zombie!

Especially when you need your brains for upcoming exams.

Just read that sky news are reporting that Amy Winehouse was found dead in her house in London, dunno if it's true, but not surprised if it is considering her lifestyle, RIP :sleep:

Edit: Link

Great career move!

I agree completely, also why I just posted it in this thread.

It's starting to be widely reported now. Apparently friends were concerned over how she had been drinking excessively - some of you might know about her recent, now-infamous performance in Belgrade (if not, Google). This death is the final, graceless tragedy of what was a very tragic, broken life.

So basically, drugs are bad mmkay? Yeah. Don't waste your life like she did.

Last edited:
My Norwegian side is very sad today after hearing about the terrible news from Oslo. My other side is sad after reading the local news; two dead and four missing after a collision between two boats. According to the reports, one of the boats was carrying a wedding party.

A lot of sad news this week. :(

A lot of sad news this week. :(

My way of handling that is to turn the tv off and spend time with some friends. of course if i had friends it would solve the situation but i usually end up thinking "whats on tv?"

You're always amongst friends here, jedd.