Random Thoughts....

I just did. Seriously, how fucks with the boss that way?

/Yes, I see the irony in calling Viper that given my user name...

what happened?

^ That link doesn't show anything by him, maybe they got removed?

Yet another user who I won't be missing. For one he told me off for telling off an obvious post whore, plus his avatar with the whole Honda sucks was stupid. Considering he riced up a Corrado, I don't think he should be talking.

Reactions: LP
At the end of that thread, viper explained.

The 'Ban the Person Above You' game turned out to be quite literal! :lol:

Random thought: Why on earth is congress putting so much effort into the baseball steroid investigation? Why are they even doing it at all? Doesn't this country have bigger problems than some baseball players cheating?

What's worse is if you actually watched that clemens hearing, the congressman were just fucking around half the time. Only high point was when Waxman came about 2 seconds from holding Clemens contempt. Clemens just kept on talking and Waxman was just sitting there like :O and eventually broke out the gavel but you could see he was getting pissed.

Yeah, I saw that. It shows you why I don't think American news organizations are very good. I was switching between news stations, BBC and CTV were covering actual news like the East Timor crisis, and CNN was showing this dramatized hearing. It's not bad enough the government's resources are being wasted like this, why does CNN need to carry a live feed?

CNN is a total farce. Have you guys been watching their coverage of the nomination process in the last few few months? Wolf Blitzer stands there like an asshat reading out all this detailed voting information, but it's like who cares? All your doing is voting for a nominee... and Blitzer keeps announcing for up to date election data you should check out their site. Give me a break...

Random thought: Why on earth is congress putting so much effort into the baseball steroid investigation? Why are they even doing it at all? Doesn't this country have bigger problems than some baseball players cheating?

No shit. Who knows how many hours and our friggin' tax dollars at work investigating spoiled-ass drug-abusing atheletes. Since when is the government supposed to get involved in sports? I think there are about a billion other things that congress should be working on before baseball.

The US is turning into the Roman Empire. They use sports and entertainment to divert the public's attention from the issues currently plaguing the nation.

Yeah, I saw that. It shows you why I don't think American news organizations are very good. I was switching between news stations, BBC and CTV were covering actual news like the East Timor crisis, and CNN was showing this dramatized hearing. It's not bad enough the government's resources are being wasted like this, why does CNN need to carry a live feed?

CNN is a total farce. Have you guys been watching their coverage of the nomination process in the last few few months? Wolf Blitzer stands there like an asshat reading out all this detailed voting information, but it's like who cares? All your doing is voting for a nominee... and Blitzer keeps announcing for up to date election data you should check out their site. Give me a break...

I assure you, the BBC is just as bad as CNN or Fox News - just in entirely different ways.

Also, hold on to what you've been given lately / hold on to what you know you got / hold on to what you've been given lately / hold on 'cos the world'll turn if you're ready or not.

Yeah, I realize all of them suck. The BBC and CBC aren't that great either, but they don't seem to focus on such trivial things like CNN does. I don't watch other US stations so I don't know, but I'm always surprised how if there's ever any breaking international news, chances are CNN is showing something totally irrelevant.

I assure you, the BBC is just as bad as CNN or Fox News - just in entirely different ways.

Woo-hoo! Off to Niseko in about 4 hours for a snowboarding trip!

LastUpdated :Friday 15th February 2008, 11:34AM
New snowfall 20cm(Official) 40cm(Observed)
Previous day 270cm (top); 145cm (base)
Current snow depth 290cm (top); 160cm (base)
Temperature bottom -6
Temperature top -12
Weather condition Overcast
Wind condition Light Visibility

We have a four bed house booked, going to be party central for ten days. Only bummer is I'm coming back the next Tuesday (plane lands at 7AM) and I'm supposed to be on a training course on that day. Hah!

Aww c'mon Magnet, at least you're getting a break somewhere. I was supposed to go to Adelaide to see some old friends who've gone to Ad. Uni tomorrow, but then work rang and said 'can you please please please do a couple of extra hours on Friday night??' throwing my plans so far out the window I've had to cancel the whole trip. Yeah, I actually need the money that badly. :( That's also the main reason I've been neglecting this place - damn job.

Oh well, on a better note, as of this week I have officially become a Red Cross Admin. volunteer at the local office. I popped in today just to learn the ropes, it's all pretty easy, call-taking, typing and filing, good skills to have. I'd rather do that than supermarket stock replenishment, which I don't think I can take much longer. Blech!

Fixed computer at long last, just got rewire the network cable as it's faulty. Then it's torrent time :banana:

http://img174.imageshack.**/img174/3097/beztytuujk7.png

What should we think about that?

I foresse an IP being banned...