Random Thoughts....

Flying back to Texas today :O

Flying back to Texas today :O

I'll alert the anti-aircraft batteries not to shoot down any incoming Aussie aircraft for a while. :p :mrgreen:

No promises about the Mexicans and their surface to air missiles, though... (and that's only partly in jest.)

I'll alert the anti-aircraft batteries not to shoot down any incoming Aussie aircraft for a while. :p :mrgreen:

No promises about the Mexicans and their surface to air missiles, though... (and that's only partly in jest.)

I'm continental, who seem to have managed to get somehow worse (wasn't sure it was possible) since the merger

Random question for the Danes around here: will there be more than 17 of you left in Denmark during the first half of June?

What's happening in the first half of June :blink:

Well, yes, the book has them, Spielberg decided they were too wussy sounding.

Not really. The book only mentioned them when a couple characters were discussing the Velociraptors. They said that Deinonychus was "now considered one of the Velociraptors". So in the book they called them all Velociraptors, even though they might have technically been Deinonychus. The books were full of competing theories and all that though. Like the idea of the T-rex only seeing movement. They never actually said it in the book, it was only hinted at once, and that theory was ripped apart in the second book, literally. Besides, the first book was written in the 1980's with research that was probably done in the 70's. So who knows. Things change.

Utahraptor is a much scarier name. It implies the raptor will wake you up on Saturday mornings around 8am and then proceed to proselytize and then eviscerate you. Double fail, you get a lecture before you die.

I'm continental, who seem to have managed to get somehow worse (wasn't sure it was possible) since the merger

Ask FordCrusherGT about what happened to him yesterday. He flew United/Continental from Pennsylvania to DFW and it turned into the Airline Trip From Hell. I don't think he's going to willingly fly United/Conti ever again. I know I sure won't if there's any other option - like, say, renting a car and driving. :p

Last edited:
Only in France:
The Torygraph said:
[F]ollowing photos of riot police drinking bottles of beer during Paris street protest, police chiefs have decided to put an end to the tradition [of drinking on the job].

They were wearing body armour and carrying weapons as they sipped from beer and wine bottles. Some were also smoking.

Didier Mangione, national secretary of the police union, said bosses were "trying to turn us into priests, but without the altar wine".

"Nobody should object to a small drink on jobs," he said. "CRS officers do not have any more or less alcohol problems than anybody else in society. They should be allowed to drink in moderation."
[...]
While British police are strictly barred from drinking on duty, the French have traditionally been allowed 25cl of wine or a small beer with their main meal of the day.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...lice-threaten-to-strike-over-alcohol-ban.html

CRS, France's riot police, is known for their tough guy image and unnecessary use of violence.

I don't know... might have something to do with a Dane in an Audi driving around a small town in France. :lol:

A huge bunch of Brits go down to Le Mans every year, something around 50,000, give or take depending how broke the country is and how many British drivers are racing. It's a short-ish drive down from the Tunnel or Ferry, makes for a nice long weekend in sunny France.

:)

So here's the problem with me: I'm a fucking idiot.

I've been coming into work during odd hours (7 pm, 10pm). And as a result it seems like I haven't come in to work at all. And I'm sure my mentor is pissed.

During the odd hours I've been trying to get this code to work, and it hasn't. And I have to get it working today or else he'll fry me. I'm sure he's angry and I'm sure he wants to know why he's paying his employee so much when he hasn't been showing up regularly.

So now I'm here at 8:30 AM. We have our lab baseball game event tonight and I need to make sure I get this thing working and showcase some form of results to my mentor before the end of the afternoon. I'm screwed. I'm fucked. Someone wish me luck, because I keep hearing the words "You're fired" ringing throughout my head. I know I might be overreacting but just think about the above situation and tell me you wouldn't feel the same if you cared about the place you worked at.

29 days from today I`ll be inside Heathrow....wait that sounds bad considering the above poster...

So here's the problem with me: I'm a fucking idiot.

I've been coming into work during odd hours (7 pm, 10pm). And as a result it seems like I haven't come in to work at all. And I'm sure my mentor is pissed.

During the odd hours I've been trying to get this code to work, and it hasn't. And I have to get it working today or else he'll fry me. I'm sure he's angry and I'm sure he wants to know why he's paying his employee so much when he hasn't been showing up regularly.

So now I'm here at 8:30 AM. We have our lab baseball game event tonight and I need to make sure I get this thing working and showcase some form of results to my mentor before the end of the afternoon. I'm screwed. I'm fucked. Someone wish me luck, because I keep hearing the words "You're fired" ringing throughout my head. I know I might be overreacting but just think about the above situation and tell me you wouldn't feel the same if you cared about the place you worked at.

I guess Portal 2 was a bad choice in retrospect. I have faith in you, SUCCESSFUL PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!

29 days from today I`ll be inside Heathrow....wait that sounds bad considering the above poster...
:lol:

Which airline are you flying with and therefore Terminal will you arrive?

T5 is the new, bright and shiny terminal, which operates BA services.

T3 is undergoing major upgrades over the next 10 years which are necessary because it was a messy, gloomy dump. That's where American AL were and I think still are.

United AL have escaped T3 and are now somewhere else, which has to be an improvement.

:lol:

Last edited:
I don't know... might have something to do with a Dane in an Audi driving around a small town in France. :lol:

Oh that thing :lol: I'd love to go again but don't think it's a good place for a 2 month old, maybe in a few years.

I guess Portal 2 was a bad choice in retrospect. I have faith in you, SUCCESSFUL PROCRASTINATORS UNITE!

Thank you sir! It wasn't really portal 2 that did it, it was lack of sleep due to me working late on Sunday and having stayed up for 44 hours before i went back to sleep again. Then it was lack of sleep due to bad news inflowing like crazy.

Agh.

I got this.