Report: Cadillac to bring BRX, BLS to U.S.

:blowup: :wall: :wall: They SAID they'd never do another Cimarron. Another FWD rebadged 4-cyl Cadillac is going to go straight down the crapper. Mercedes and Audi 4-cyls have badge and other factors making up for their 4-cylness, but Cadillac has no (or not enough) badge pull to pull this one off. GM=Tard if this rumor comes true.

Not to mention, where would you price a BLS in the US? Every price segment below the CTS is already chock full of Buicks and Pontiacs. Yeah, it's not the first time that GM has cannibalized badly, but for cryin' out loud, not again.

$3.00/gal for gas and the idea of becoming less dependent on terrorist states for our oil has caused many Americans to rethink what car to drive. GM going with a 4cyl (if its the ECOTEC amazing engine) could easily prove to be a slaes success.

Luxury and economy and two words not often seen together. If the price is reasonable, the BLS could be Caddy's G20 and that is not a bad thing for it's image right now. GM is thinking right and I say bravo to them for as it's about time!

ishigakisensei said:
$3.00/gal for gas and the idea of becoming less dependent on terrorist states for our oil has caused many Americans to rethink what car to drive. GM going with a 4cyl (if its the ECOTEC amazing engine) could easily prove to be a slaes success.

Luxury and economy and two words not often seen together. If the price is reasonable, the BLS could be Caddy's G20 and that is not a bad thing for it's image right now. GM is thinking right and I say bravo to them for as it's about time!

It's the Ecotec.

6-cylinders are more balanced than a four, but only if it's in-line. Never fully figured that out. Won't three cylinders make a "triangle" as well to balance the pistons? But that's not the point, since outside of BMW and a... Suzuki, in-line sixes don't show up often.

That car is hideous! The US already has enough bland little cars, we don't need to start bringing Cadillac down to a cheap level. If it does make it over here, I hope it fails like the Cimarron and Catera.

Labcoatguy said:
:blowup: :wall: :wall: They SAID they'd never do another Cimarron. Another FWD rebadged 4-cyl Cadillac is going to go straight down the crapper. Mercedes and Audi 4-cyls have badge and other factors making up for their 4-cylness, but Cadillac has no (or not enough) badge pull to pull this one off. GM=Tard if this rumor comes true.

Not to mention, where would you price a BLS in the US? Every price segment below the CTS is already chock full of Buicks and Pontiacs. Yeah, it's not the first time that GM has cannibalized badly, but for cryin' out loud, not again.
The Cimmarron wasn't a failure because of its 4cyl engine (ok, partially). It was a failure because it was the lamest rebadge job in history, with barely a change to any body panel, and sold right across the showroom from the Cavalier it was pillaged from. GM has made a clear distinction stylewise between this and any other cars with the Epsilon platform (9-3, Vectra, Malibu, etc.), so that's one Cimarron trait that's been knocked off.

The Cimarron didn't look like a Cadillac, same with the Catera. When people buy Cadillacs they want the vehicle to look like a Cadillac. That's the main advantage the BLS has over the Cimarron and the Catera. The BLS actually looks like the other cars in Cadillac's line up.

To be honest if it has a higher price than a Saab 9-3, its not going to sell well. For one thing, its just basically a Saab 9-3 with a different body and softer suspension. Any idea if it will have the same 2.0L turbo charged engine as the Saab?

I always loved the Catera and they can be had for dirt cheap in the US. Australia had their Holden versions with V8s. A Northstar swap is possible and would be one hell of a powerplant for a Catera. Total sleeper. Cateras are :thumbsup: in my book.

ishigakisensei said:
I always loved the Catera and they can be had for dirt cheap in the US. Australia had their Holden versions with V8s. A Northstar swap is possible and would be one hell of a powerplant for a Catera. Total sleeper. Cateras are :thumbsup: in my book.
If I were the marketing chap in charge of that car's sales and just read your comment, I would hang up my braces, tie and matching socks in a loud vulgar colour and get a job shelf filling in WalMart.
/Edit off topic, sorry.

ishigakisensei said:

The early ones were shit. Kept falling apart.

You do realise that the BLS is likely to come with a V6 as well as a four?

I know that Saab use the 2.8L V6 turbo (which is made in Australia, actually), and I reckon it would be offered in the BLS as well (turbo or NA, i'd say).

I'd actually like to see it here, and tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if Cadillac make a return here, there's been a few brands starting selling in Australia again after a long hiatus, Fiat and Dodge for example.

bartboy9891 said:
The BLS will have single digit sales figures. I really cant see a single thing that i think people will like about it at all.

"BLS" makes it sound like a sandwich. I predict Americans will buy it in their millions.

GraemeH said:
bartboy9891 said:
The BLS will have single digit sales figures. I really cant see a single thing that i think people will like about it at all.

"BLS" makes it sound like a sandwich. I predict Americans will buy it in their millions.
Not sure that Americans 'got' that.

Right Caddy should be about refinement and luxury. 4 Pots no, Crome in-appropriately splashed everywhere - no. Mushy ride - no. Harsh ride - no, bits of cheap plastic not fitting properly - no. Go on you can do the rest yourselves, Lexus have nicked their market.

Cobol74 said:
GraemeH said:
bartboy9891 said:

Right Caddy should be about refinement and luxury. 4 Pots no, Crome in-appropriately splashed everywhere - no. Mushy ride - no. Harsh ride - no, bits of cheap plastic not fitting properly - no. Go on you can do the rest yourselves, Lexus have nicked their market.

Please stop being stupid. Thank you.

And remember, there is nothing wrong with chrome or a soft ride.

Cobol74 said:
GraemeH said:
bartboy9891 said:

http://img175.imageshack.**/img175/8319/bltts8.jpg
BLT