Richard Hammond in four-car pile-up in his ?110k supercar

Yokel Gloucestershire News:
http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co...d-crashes/article-1236116-detail/article.html
RICHARD "The Hamster" Hammond wasn't feeling in Top Gear over the weekend ? as he was involved in yet another car accident.
It was reported that the BBC presenter was involved in a four-car crash while driving over the Over Roundabout on the A40 near Gloucester.
The star was driving his ?110,000 Morgan Aeromax ? one of only one hundred that were made ? when he was involved in the collision.
The accident, which occurred at approximately 12:30pm on Saturday, also involved a BMW 3 Series, a Volvo V40, and a Nissan Almera.
One of the parties involved, who does not wish to be identified, has confirmed that it was Mr Hammond driving the hand-built Morgan.

Police say no one was injured and that they only attended the scene to deal with traffic build-up.
Sergeant Paul Whale of the Gloucestershire police confirmed the vehicles involved but said that no prosecution was being launched by any of the collision parties.
He said: "There was a collision between four vehicles at approximately 12:30pm, but there were no injuries. It was all settled between the parties involved, who exchanged insurance details.
"No prosecution has been requested by anyone involved, and there was no recovery requested, so all vehicles involved must have driven away from the scene.
"Police attended the scene only to deal with traffic build-up."
Sounds like the Aeromax wasn't too badly damaged, according to this.

I bet he wasn't using his regulation booster seat at the time.

Reactions: MWF
I bet he wasn't using his regulation booster seat at the time.

Or did the Nissan driver brake suddenly having been blinded by Hammond's teeth in his rearview mirror?

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co...d-crashes/article-1236116-detail/article.html

Ya, it doesn't sound that bad really. Just a fender bender really.
They said it happened approaching a roundabout, so traffic was probably moving slowly. Heavy lunch traffic and all that.
I suppose they were moving off, the one in front braked suddenly for whatever reason, and then they just hit eachother. Happens all the time in heavy traffic/red lights/junctions/roundabouts, etc

The only reason the damage will cost so much is because the car is so rare.

Well written by the Daily Mail :D . A piece of news about a minor crash in a roundabout turned into a scandal involving a 24/7 crashing tv-presenter.

While this does make it sound like a rather small fender bender, for 4 cars to be involved there has to be some speed in it, even 15MPH can cause chassis damage, especially if you're made of wood and you take it on both sides (wait. what?).

Hopefully there's no real damage cause I love that car and it is a very rare piece of motoring.

Last edited:
I am absolutely staggered by the analytical problem solving skills demonstrated here by some readers of the Mail. How quick they are to reach such decisive conclusions based on so little factual evidence; but hey they are writing about Top Gear so it doesn't matter if any of it is true.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
The Thirties-style 170mph car looks like a Batmobile and has a 4.8-litre BMW V8 engine.
The writing style of a true professional journalist! :lmao:

Oh, it was his Aeromax, bummer. I don't think those are made of wood, btw. :lol: Just the roadsters.

Glad he's ok!

and we all know what Season 14 episode 1 is going to have in the news.... haha

i must imagine the thoughts going through his head, man do i know that feeling, 2 days, 2 f.. days after buying our brand spanking new car, while waiting at the crosswalk after the person that was crossing went away i began to drive away when some kamikaze fat old lady starts running with all of her fat wobbling around, started to look like a big giant blob to cross the street, while cursing, i breaked to let her cross and about a second later (even more cursing) some retard crashes in the back of our new car :blowup: F*UCK (i must point out that i didn't had any speed at all 2/3 km/h before i breaked, turns out that retard had some problems with the brakes)

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
It's comforting to know, in a rather "Carry On Daily Mail" kind of way, that Richard 'received no damage to his rear end'.

(snigger)

Reactions: LP
I guess there really is some kind of curse on the youngest Top Gear presenter! (Steve Pizzati apparently rolled some kind of race car yesterday/today too). I'm glad everyone's ok. It does show that Richard drives and enjoys his cars. People are always whining about supercars that sit gathering dust in garages.

Glad he's alright! Can't wait to hear about it on Top Gear. Hope that the car will be fixed quickly.