Season 3 likely??

mgezz3

Hey guys,

I found this article today, saying that Top Gear Australia was SBS' most watched show for 2009.

http://ibtimes.com.au/articles/20090630/top-gear-australia-tops-sbs-ratings.htm

Maybe that's why they keep unashamedly plugging other SBS shows and celebrities on TGA - the show is bringing their biggest audience.

Anyways, it looks as if there will be a season 3, why would they scrap the show that is bringing in better ratings than any other show on SBS? I guess you never know though...

According to Steve Pizzati's Twitter page, he doesn't know if there will be a third series or not.

I really hope there is a new series

Anyways, it looks as if there will be a season 3, why would they scrap the show that is bringing in better ratings than any other show on SBS? I guess you never know though...

Well, I don't know if things have improved, but during the first series they said the maximum amount they could recoup from advertising per episode wasn't covering the production cost.... something like $350K out for $300K back. If they weren't able to straighten that out by now, then they mightn't have a choice. I guess they could run the show as a loss leader to get people watching the channel and maybe pick up some more $$$ from repeats and DVD sales, but with the global economic shitstorm that might be a hard sell.

As a "yank" I hope they do bring it back. I got the feeling they were just starting to find their groove about halfway through this past season. James seemed a lot more comfortable in studio and there seemed to be some chemistry building between the three.

As a comparison I made my wife watch a series two UK Top Gear when James joined and her response was, "They were just as disjointed and awkward".

That said, Warren doing SIABSC has to change.

I really hope they bring it back for series 3. Series 2 was a massive improvement over the first one. I like the things with Australian twist and how they stopped replicating some of the things that TG UK does (stig intros, news, etc).
Anybody know what the viewership figures were for TGA?

Anybody know what the viewership figures were for TGA?

anywhere between 500-600,000 for a population of about 21,000,000

Not bad considering the number of free to air channels along with pay tv.

It's no emmy/gold logie winner yet. I just hope they give it a chance.