Should TopGear US drop the BSSC segment?

Should TopGear US drop the BSSC segment?

• Drop it

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Keep it

Votes: 12 20.0%

• Total voters
If they had the same studio taping schedule as the mothership (tape on Wednesday to air on Sunday), it would be easier to do a news segment every week. But because TG US tape all the studio links in a week(ish)-long block, I don't think a news segment would work.

I agree but I still miss the news. :(

I thought Rutledge did a nice job with the Bunny BSSC segment this last show. He was engaging and sincere and I enjoyed the conversation the two had, even if she was taking a Sunday cruise around the track.

I feel like Top Gear UK is aimed at an older generation, and a younger following has formed in the US - I'm just kind of assuming, but given the need to use bittorrent, and my frustration at running into people in their mid 20s who don't understand it... as such, the interview is worthwhile in the UK, but in the US it's a little... unneeded.

Further, I thing AUS got it better, using an older more interesting car? I think Big Star in a Classic Car would be better... heck, throw them in a 'classic' car like AUS for some tongue-in-cheek funsies... A Gremlin would be much more exciting.

Further, I thing AUS got it better, using an older more interesting car? I think Big Star in a Classic Car would be better... heck, throw them in a 'classic' car like AUS for some tongue-in-cheek funsies... A Gremlin would be much more exciting.

The kind of car is unimportant. The segment exists to bring in outside viewers to the show/bring attention to the star's projects. The real argument here is whether its worth having the segment in TGUS because of commercial television's time restrictions. I don't care for BSSC/SIARPC/SIABSC/whatever so I'm fine with it being done away with, but I do understand the cross-promotion potential. Since they've been fairly adamant about having guests this series, I'd say the decision is already made.