StarCraft II....hell, it's about time

So I acquired it to give it a try, but it won't install. Boo-urns.

I had it on a virtual drive.

just had a quick go on the original StarCraft that came included in the special edition. i can't believe how much this game has dated now. although it is helping with understanding the general storyline of the game. much of SC2 has been spent just figuring out what the smeg is going on.

Stuck on that last mission (or at least I think it's the last... the one where you can supernova the artifact every 3 minutes or so)
Its bloody hard, I set up my siege tanks and hold fine until the Queen of Blades does a run-by through my base and basically obliterates everything I had on the side she chose to show up at...
Tried 4 times, no joy, I'll take a breather and try tomorrow
I would hope you didn't destroy the nydus worms instead of the air support, its far easier to deal with nydus worms than brood lords and you can't stick to just anti-ground weapons. Mercenaries are very helpful in this mission more than any other, particularly the siege tank mercs, war pigs(for bunker use) and the banshee mercs. Upgrading is more important than building new units, a merc seige tank does 170 damage given all possible upgrades meaning maelstrom rounds to get the +40 damage for all siege tanks in siege mode. Banshees are the best units to take on nydus worms and support your tanks when Kerrigan shows up. You should have 2 Battlecruisers at the beginning, they're most useful for dealing with Kerrigan the first time with the Yamato cannon since you probably won't have a big enough roaming force of banshees.

I destroyed the air support. Brood lords and mutas are way scarier than the worms. But my problem is still the queen of blades, just takes too long to fall even with banshees, siege tanks, yamato cannons... takes out 3 or 4 siege tanks in like 30 seconds, then leaves a huge gap open for the forces to come in, and once they come in it's almost impossible to bounce back. I'll have another go in a minute and see how I do.

When I was reading up on news of the next expansion I saw that my first within a year statement for realease was very wrong.

StarCraft II lead producer Chris Sigaty said:
We?re estimating about 18 months from release of Wings of Liberty to when the next one comes out. That?s purely speculative, honestly. Historically, it?s taken us about a year-WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne is a good example-but you?ll see the sum-total package [in Wings of Liberty] has raised the bar and there?s a lot more to do with StarCraft II?s expansions. I think 18 months is probably fairly accurate.

Well I finished the darn thing. Turns out those banshees did do a lot of damage to that bitch which I wanted to die at the end and didn't even get to make a choice <.<

So I acquired it to give it a try, but it won't install. Boo-urns.

Check for a rarfix.

Also, mine wouldn't install from the mounted disc, so I dragged the entire contents of the disc to a local drive, and the installer worked.

After installing my legitimate version of the game I lost all my saves so I decided to see if I could take the game on in hard mode. After scraping through the the first few missions on hard (the most recent of which ended up taking over 2 hours) I've decided that I'm probably best off going back to normal mode. I'm trying to find a good balance between fun and a challenge, at the moment it seems slightly too easy or plain infuriating,

Hard mode isn't too difficult. The only time I've replayed missions is to get extra achievements. For me it's just hard to be quicker. I'm so used to the original StarCraft (since I've been playing it for weeks leading up to the release of II) that I find myself lagging behind. The game speed has definitely increased a little bit.

So in Blizzardtime that's atleast 2,5 years... great...

They can't be as blizzardly as they once were, you know ... they've now got activision breathing down their necks, who will want that Christmas launch.

They can't be as blizzardly as they once were, you know ... they've now got activision breathing down their necks, who will want that Christmas launch.

actually i'd put money on the World of Warcraft Cataclysm expansion pack being the christmas launch.

Has anyone else noticed how good the sound is in this game? Even relatively minor things sound awesome (firebats anyone?) and the background music is spot on without getting too repetitive.

The attention to detail is also pretty epic although one thing that always bugs me is that the modelling on Tychus is so much better than anything else, Raynor isn't bad but it's something I always notice. By comparison I thought that Gabriel Tosh (Jamaican weird eyes man) actually looked pretty crappy and not in keeping with the generally excellent work elsewhere.

actually i'd put money on the World of Warcraft Cataclysm expansion pack being the christmas launch.

Cata is indeed coming out in 2010.

I retract my previous statement. The mission where you have to mine minerals and keep moving as the lava rises is giving me a hell of a time.

I really want to try this game, but I cba to try and get the installer to work when the laptop probably won't even be able to run it.