Swede may have to pay $ 1 million for speeding in Switzerland

Interesting question - are they allowed to keep your driver's licence - anyone know?

Exactly to whom does it belong, you or the Swedish Government? Anyhow, always keep a spare when going abroad.

Still I agree what a silly thing to do even in dry conditions will no weather based visual impairment and no other traffic; that is too fast and too dangerous on a public road no matter what car you are in.

Except for where it gives cops a huge incentive to write that million dollar ticket any way they can.

Woah, you're my neighbor

There are perks though. If I'm speeding in my sensible hatchback and I'm beside someone in something more expensive they're going after the other guy, so I can speed more!

Well if the 1 million fine is based on income then this guy is probably loaded beyond belief, no big worries there.
I'll bet he's more pissed that he just got delivery of his new SLS and can't show it off!

I'll bet he's more pissed that he just got delivery of his new SLS and can't show it off!
He made the news! Can't show off more than that.

What is the point of such huge fines anyway ?
Humanity should evolve, this kind of behavior makes people question the need of a more powerful car, dampening evolution.
Many people go beyond the speed limit, and I like to believe most of finalgear does the same. It doesn't have to be the need to show off, sadly for a good part of drivers, it is. It's just that you need to get to your destination quicker. Plus driving slowly makes your mind wander of boredom, speed make you alert.
Am I not talking sense ?

What is the point of such huge fines anyway ?
Humanity should evolve, this kind of behavior makes people question the need of a more powerful car, dampening evolution.
Many people go beyond the speed limit, and I like to believe most of finalgear does the same. It doesn't have to be the need to show off, sadly for a good part of drivers, it is. It's just that you need to get to your destination quicker. Plus driving slowly makes your mind wander of boredom, speed make you alert.
Am I not talking sense ?

I have no idea what you said.

If he has to pay this much for speeding I hate to think what the fine for a real crime might be. You know, like murder. Make your own news service on igoogle.

He has been doing 290km/h. HOW THE HELL did the Swiss catch him. They are the slowest people on earth and their police car seems to be a Volvo.
The police have more than one car and they have radios.

Interesting question - are they allowed to keep your driver's licence - anyone know?
The ban from driving (if there is any) is only valid for Switzerland. He's still allowed to drive anywhere else in any case.

The local Toyota dealer just replaced his Gallardo with a SLS... Altough that one is silver. Speculations are rampant as to who this 37-year old playboy is, we'll probably not know until he gets sentenced. All I can say is

If he has to pay this much for speeding I hate to think what the fine for a real crime might be. You know, like murder. Make your own news service on igoogle.

I don't think there is a fine for murder. At that stage they throw you in jail.

I should hope that you get prison time for murder rather than a fine.

I've got nothing against speeding as long as you don't endanger anyone, but undertaking that 3-series was way over the top.

This is the problem with rich c***s... they have too much money, and whatever "punishment" you come up with it's never enough, they laugh at us "lower human beings", go buy another car and do it all over again.
Honestly if someone is caught doing 290 on a road that is, at most in europe excluding the AB, 130... thats more than twice as much and deserves a criminal charge because, basically, you're endangering everyone circulating on that road. This guy should get his license revoked for frikken life. So should Lindsay and any other famous/rich person who got caught a hundred times doing stuff that would send the rest of us into bankruptcy/jail. They hover over the law and laugh at it, and it's totally unfair. Remember the guy who got like a 750$ fine while doing 200mph+ in his Veyron? Exactly my point

Also they should have a special class of driving license you have to take if you want to drive anything with let's say 200+ bhp. Like a really hard test involving controlling a sliding car, controlling oversteer, etc. But that'll never happen cos there's money to be lost, no matter how many lives it could save.

Last edited:
Also they should have a special class of driving license you have to take if you want to drive anything with let's say 200+ bhp. Like a really hard test involving controlling a sliding car, controlling oversteer, etc. But that'll never happen cos there's money to be lost, no matter how many lives it could save.

What?

My 175hp Midget is almost twice as fast as my 240hp Jag 0-60.

What?

My 175hp Midget is almost twice as fast as my 240hp Jag 0-60.
Yeah but your 240hp Jag will most likely reach higher top speeds.

Weight makes a difference there too. Though you are right my MG probably won't break 140mph.

And as another counter point to mpicco, over here 200hp+ cars aren't expensive.

Yep, plenty of "normal" cars have 200 HP, it's really not considered a large amount... SUVs and trucks especially have a lot more and still aren't very fast.