The cross-continent race in series 7! (spoiler!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
moo said:
A Veyron? Why does it have to be a modern Bugatti (with 7 gears! 7 bloody gears)?? :(

the new M5 also has 7 gears :thumbsdown:

and how much did gordon pay to have their meet in his restaurant :p

I fuckin love these races, it's part of what makes top gear Mk II soo good.

however, to show how crap public transport is, clarkson should drive something like a focus or a golf. :p

If Jeremy makes it, then we can put the "Veyron is unreliable" debate to rest.
Bugatti is going out on a limb by allowing a transcontinental trip on one of the highest rating shows on TV!
It'll be yet another testiment to VW's engineering marvel.

Patrick Bateman said:
Who do you think lent them their Veyron :think:
probably Bugatti themselves. See they can get just about any car they want to test. the only exception was the Enzo since Ferrari guarenteed their owners that they would get their car first with very few being given to a few automotive testers.

Z Draci said:
If Jeremy makes it, then we can put the "Veyron is unreliable" debate to rest.
Bugatti is going out on a limb by allowing a transcontinental trip on one of the highest rating shows on TV!
It'll be yet another testiment to VW's engineering marvel.
Well put, I second that!

I'm also pretty sure that the Veyron will go round the test-track, Bugatti seems to be pretty cooperative.

cya
Oliver

I think the reason why bugatti lent TG a Veyron for this trip is to shut all those people up about veyron's unreliability. But all this publicity for the veyron could turn out the other way like what happened to koenigsegg in the Gumball 3000.

andyhui01 said:
I think the reason why bugatti lent TG a Veyron for this trip is to shut all those people up about veyron's unreliability. But all this publicity for the veyron could turn out the other way like what happened to koenigsegg in the Gumball 3000.
Not gonna happen! :roll:
I'm not going to list the tests the Veyron had to endure again...

They detuned the engine from 1200hp to 1000hp for a reason.
I'm pretty sure it's for a very good reason too.

Z Draci said:
They detuned the engine from 1200hp to 1000hp for a reason.
I'm pretty sure it's for a very good reason too.

Has it been 1200hp? I knew it was planned to have 9** hp once but 1200 is new to me. No wounder the damn thing kept melting...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

This will be awesome!

w00t! this is teh hawtness!!!1!!!111!

The only way JC will lose is if it's from London to New York City, and Richard and James take a Concorde across the Atlantic (I know, they can't anymore :cry: ) or if Clarkson gets carjacked and mugged by a bunch of thugs (which would be kinda funny, if you think about it :twisted: ). It was a tough win before; this time it's no contest.

But, hey! Any excuse to see the Veyron on Top Gear! :thumbsup:

Veyron? Thats nothing, the real cake is new V8 Vantage, I can't wait.
And come on it isn't whole month left, 20 days or 3 weeks, it's not that many, you will see, new series will come in a blink of an eye.

Hmm, ViaMichelin says it's 1220 km on the road. For Hammond and May I think the flight will take 1?-2 hours. Then there's transport to/from airports, waiting time and so on.

I wonder Which way would Jeremy drive. I reckon the longest but fastest way would probably to go from Torino to Milano, then go trough Switzerland into Germany . Then Rush like crazy through Germany , cross Belgium and into the Chunnel. but this is like 1500Km .... so pretty long. I wonder also which twists they will put to allow Jeremy to win this one !

The very fastest way would be crossing the Alps at the Mt Blanc (the other tunnel is closed at the moment) then into the French Highway up to Paris then Lille and then into the Tunnel , should be around 1200 kms. It would be way faster if J. didn't follow the now bitchy Speed regulations in France.

Damn , I'm French and I hate the way our gvt is making French Highway slower than Uk , US or Japanese ones ... :cry: Maybe Jeremy should ask for a special Gendarm convoy , like the ones the President and Ministers have here to drive at 180 - 200 km/h on the highway.

so in normal person's measurements thats roughly 745 miles :p

and to beat mr A320 allowing for check in and travel times (say a total of 4-5 hours) thats an average speed of..... 149mph... and thats if it takes five hours.

(I hope they do the plane segments better this time.... I am being extrmely anally retentive and geeky here, but it's fuckin irritating. Last time, were told they were getting a 737, they stepped on a 757 at heathrow, showed a 777 taking off. Then when they got to newcastle, a shot of a 757 from newcastle's pier thing..... and then a random shot of a BA 777 from godknowswhere with another BA plane in the background - definately wasn't newcastle )

^^ Haha... Good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.