The Melbourne Meetup Thread - 14th of October > Yarra Valley and the Spurs

not quite like the utes though :D

Believe it or not, mine only hit 5000 rpms 3 times. :p Stayed on on the torque curve between 3500 - 4500. Still running her in.

Andy's brakes smelt like absolute crap afterwards

yea... and mine were pretty worn when I was driving home. My service is due in about 1/2 a month or so, I'm pretty keen to know how much brakes I have left, considering the last time I had 70% and I've done 2 Spur Runs since then :D

I guess we can determine's Hidden's funky looking 3 spoke rims did the best in terms of cooling :p

The MX5's brake dust covers have flared vents to pull air in from beneath the car to cool the brakes, I think that's part of the reason I didn't cook mine.... that and hardly having to use them helped I think...

My fronts are on the whistler to let me know they need replacing though, but they were like that when I left here...

In cased you missed it a few pages ago, my photos are here:
http://nitor.smugmug.com/gallery/3645043

I'll work on them in the next day or - feel free to PM me if you want any particular images worked on. Thanks to Flyingfridge for the organising.

My brakes were fine - something the GTI has never been short of. Perhaps the red calipers make all the difference!

In cased you missed it a few pages ago, my photos are here:
http://nitor.smugmug.com/gallery/3645043

I'll work on them in the next day or - feel free to PM me if you want any particular images worked on. Thanks to Flyingfridge for the organising.

My brakes were fine - something the GTI has never been short of. Perhaps the red calipers make all the difference!

Love your work John. Wish I had half your talent and all your gear! LOL :rolleyes:

I really didn't get to test my brakes out that much. But i might invest in more gripper tyre's next time. This same set has been on the car for past 5 years, thanks to a hard compound 15" rubber.

Mine never saw over 3,000 rpm in the twists, mainly cause didn't have confidence after 'incident'.

Wish i could of hung around for longer, o well next time ill be back.

Believe it or not, mine only hit 5000 rpms 3 times. :p Stayed on on the torque curve between 3500 - 4500. Still running her in.

Ah, to have torque to play with - I was in 2nd gear most of the time, between 5000 and 7600rpm.

I really didn't get to test my brakes out that much. But i might invest in more gripper tyre's next time. This same set has been on the car for past 5 years, thanks to a hard compound 15" rubber.

Mine never saw over 3,000 rpm in the twists, mainly cause didn't have confidence after 'incident'.

Wish i could of hung around for longer, o well next time ill be back.

Well, thank you for making a sacrifice to Mother Nature! God knows I've done it myself enough times... :?

Ah, to have torque to play with - I was in 2nd gear most of the time, between 5000 and 7600rpm.

Same, except replace 2nd with 3rd

and JohnR those photo's are fantastic :)

Anymore of my car in there anywhere? (I know selfish :rolleyes: )

The real truth of the meet - the red cars got to the rest stops first! :p

208455083-M.jpg

PS: Silencer I gave your car some very quick panel beating work in photoshop

207938041-S.jpg

Last edited:
and JohnR those photo's are fantastic :)

Anymore of my car in there anywhere? (I know selfish :rolleyes: )

Oh yeah, the pics looking amazing!!! 8) You pay for what you get with the equipment!

..... me also, any more of the SRiT? :mrgreen:

Here are some of my pics, hardest was trying to take pics while going around the corners flat chat, so most of them were crap. But anyway, here's some good ones that had turned out.

Excuse the pics, fairly large in size, but perfect for those with big displays. :p

ja89ar.jpg

Chit chat about who's going first.

xljcs3.jpg

Trying to get in line.

2cgzxhd.jpg

"Their coming this way, no from behind, no ...."

t7bdhc.jpg

"I'm telling ya, it doesn't have the W12 in the back."

1gma9y.jpg

Which keys shall I borrow now?

2j5f1vc.jpg

Where's Paris?

5x4aw2.jpg

"Not here!"

33fakhx.jpg

"Tubbs & Crockett"

2vt9kd2.jpg

"See how the bonnet opens?"

2iaevma.jpg

Warp drive.

27wrmhd.jpg

John in action!

2vnhq11.jpg

Time to reflect on smoking brakes.

263vww8.jpg

Stats on the drive, to and back.

Last edited:
lol I used more fuel than you, worked it out today and I used around 11.5L/100km :D

lol I used more fuel than you, worked it out today and I used around 11.5L/100km :D

:lol: That's what you get driving yours REALLY hard. :p Next time, I'll go harder. ;)