The Post Your Pets Thread

Well, now that you have Leon, you need to get Claire!

Or will Wesley get a new name now? (Poor cat; it's bad enough going through life with the name Wesley - and having to hear, "Shut up, Wesley" all the time. But a girl going through life with a boys name? Wait a minute - your name's Georgina, I'm sure you know what it's like!)

Haha!! It's funny 'cause I do get called George a lot. Me sister gets called Jack. XD

I love this thread and looking at the animals you all own, but I dislike it because I still want my own pet. :cry:

Also, that video of Leon is super cute! I love kitty meows because they are so high pitched in a cute way!

Slippers, huh? Well that's an interesting thing to take a liking to, but I suppose it is better than something you might actually highly value (like a couch, maybe? That's the issue my parents have with one of their cats. That cat also likes to attack this sentimental wooden antique hutch they have). Also, one of these days I will have a pet. I hope. :shakefist: Also, excellent system for naming animals of sorts.

Sun was out in force today and while cleaning the house Rosie took to sitting out in the garden. once the Hoover came out she decided to stay outside.
2011%2B-%2B1

Slippers, huh? Well that's an interesting thing to take a liking to, but I suppose it is better than something you might actually highly value (like a couch, maybe? That's the issue my parents have with one of their cats. That cat also likes to attack this sentimental wooden antique hutch they have). Also, one of these days I will have a pet. I hope. :shakefist: Also, excellent system for naming animals of sorts.

I thought slippers was more of a dog thing. Funny thing is, me other cat Wesley drinks out of the toilet an' growls at the postman. I hope Leon doesn't start having a go at the settee or the furniture like you said. He is sat on me lap right now chewing me nightie... XD

So, what pet would you have? What would you name it? :)

Yeah I got it all planned out. If I had a black an' white tuxedo man-cat I'd call him Santiago. Silvery man-cat would be Dante. Bunch of other names too.

Sun was out in force today and while cleaning the house Rosie took to sitting out in the garden. once the Hoover came out she decided to stay outside.
2011%2B-%2B1

Awwwww. She a Beardie? :)

I really like Scotty Terriers (Don't ask me, I don't know why because the one I dogsat/sit for occasionally is pretty tough to keep up with because he wanted to play all the time and would bark at me for attentions when I was on the computer.) One of my neighbors has a medium-sized dog that looks just like a Scotty, but it's giant. I WANTS. Also, I really like Akitas! I want a cat too because I am a sucker for cats even when they are total jerks like my Dad's naughty cat. I'm not too particularly concerned about what the dog is except for a few specific breeds I don't think I'd like.

As for names, I'm not very sure. I usually choose the name for the animal once I see it and observe it's personality. :mrgreen: I don't think I would name it something boring or obvious about what the cat looks like, however. (For example, naming a tabby Tabby or Stripey or something.)

As for names, I'm not very sure. I usually choose the name for the animal once I see it and observe it's personality. :mrgreen: I don't think I would name it something boring or obvious about what the cat looks like, however. (For example, naming a tabby Tabby or Stripey or something.)

As i've explained before (very likely in this thread). Rosie comes from the Battersea Dogs Home and when she was there they called her Bubbles (very apt for her personality) to which i replied "there's no way i'm going to take her for a walk and yell out 'BUBBLES' across the field." settled on Rosie not long afterwards.

@ mooglebunny: Ooh small dogs I love small dogs. :) We used to have a Westie called Dougal but he was a liccle SHIT. He was me mam's dog really an' played up when she was on her own but was as good as gold when me an' me dad were around. Me mam spoilt him rotten. I used to have a Jack Russel called Zero too but me father give him away. Still haven't forgiven him for that. <_<

So what breeds do you not like as much?

Oh hey it works out. I'm not criticizing anyone for their pet names, you all chose the names for a reason, right? Rosie by the looks of it seems like a good name for her too. :nod: Although, Bubbles is sort of a weird name to call out even for a dog. xD One of my friends named her dachshund Scrappy which is very spot on because he is extremely convinced that he is a big dog. He's even stood up to other big dogs and surprisingly got them to stand down. That doesn't stop all of us (including the friend) from calling him Ham Banana. :lol:

edit: Breeds I don't like? Those sort of include stuff like the Chinese Crested Dog... Just a bit too much skin showing on some of those. I'm also not a big poodle fan, I don't know why but I just don't like them. Also, I don't fancy the Portuguese Water Dog either. -shrug-

Last edited:
Oh hey it works out. I'm not criticizing anyone for their pet names, you all chose the names for a reason, right? Rosie by the looks of it seems like a good name for her too. :nod: Although, Bubbles is sort of a weird name to call out even for a dog. xD One of my friends named her dachshund Scrappy which is very spot on because he is extremely convinced that he is a big dog. He's even stood up to other big dogs and surprisingly got them to stand down. That doesn't stop all of us (including the friend) from calling him Ham Banana. :lol:
Rosie was a name that my mum came up with and it just kind of stuck. in that weird way when you're trying to think of a name and it just fits. i've seen people name their dogs with weird names like peppy, fudge or alfred. each to their own.

Rosie was a name that my mum came up with and it just kind of stuck. in that weird way when you're trying to think of a name and it just fits. i've seen people name their dogs with weird names like peppy, fudge or alfred. each to their own.

At the humane society in my town, they always name batches of puppies and kittens after some kind of group, and I always wonder how many of those names stick. I mean, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, that's one thing. Almond, Cashew, Hazel, Peanut, Macadamia, Pecan, Pistachio, and Walnut? That's another.

Breeds I don't like? Those sort of include stuff like the Chinese Crested Dog... Just a bit too much skin showing on some of those. I'm also not a big poodle fan, I don't know why but I just don't like them. Also, I don't fancy the Portuguese Water Dog either. -shrug-

Quick, hide mooglebunny before epp_b sees this!

All this talk about dogs makes me wish I had one. Oh well, maybe once I get settled in NH I can start looking for one.

I generally prefer the larger dogs - Labs, Rottweilers, Dobermans (My best friend in Maine has a Doberman that just adores me - and the feeling is mutual.), German Shepherds, huskies, etc, as those are the dogs I had growing up. The only small breeds I would want would be either a Shiba Inu or a Corgi. (I think I've seen too many episodes of "Cowboy Bebop".)

At the humane society in my town, they always name batches of puppies and kittens after some kind of group, and I always wonder how many of those names stick. I mean, Michelangelo, Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael, that's one thing. Almond, Cashew, Hazel, Peanut, Macadamia, Pecan, Pistachio, and Walnut? That's another.

I don't know - I could kind of see a Chihuahua named "Peanut", but the others; no way.

Last edited:
I like some larger dogs (Labs, Retrievers, Akitas, Saint Bernards, etc), but they are a bit tough to keep indoors as sort of indoor pets sometimes. My Grandma's house has a Golden Retriever and it doesn't work so well to keep her indoors because she doesn't get out enough (no fence, no backyard so to speak). I try to take her on walks, but it's tough. Even my roommate's little dog is quite a ball of energy sometimes and she has to go for walks twice daily or else she gets extremely upset and bugs you until she either gets food or a walk.

Again, I am not saying that they are the worst dog breed ever or anything or saying they suck or anything like that. I just have a weird sense of taste in dogs. Again, if you like a dog breed I don't like, that's cool. I just wouldn't get one is all.

Even my roommate's little dog is quite a ball of energy sometimes and she has to go for walks twice daily or else she gets extremely upset and bugs you until she either gets food or a walk.
Rosie has the habit of always knowing when i'm going to take her for a walk. On Saturday she knew to the point that she had already grabbed my socks and brought them to me as if to say "here, you can use these to walk on. lets go!" typically i take her for two walks a day (morning and evening) but sometimes tend to take her for a 3rd walk. I can't do that too much because she's a dog of routine and she quickly realises when something is going to happen and if it doesn't. then its my turn for the doghouse.